Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Garry, I have a trophy for you still from last year, ha ha, I just saw it the other day by my front door, A little late but I will have it here at the track so I'll be sure to get it to ya when you come here in a couple weeks.

Trak is lookin cool! Thanks again for helpin everybody! It's hard for me to get back there when I am playin catch up on drawings!

Also, we will be starting the points in the beginning of NOVEMBER, and it will then be every other Saturday that we will keep track of points to give racers a chance to stay in the points race.

See ya soon!!
Old 09-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

RaceDad- Most tracks or Organized events, typically have a set 2 minute or 2 minute 30 second rule between heats. This allows plenty of time for each driver to return to pit, shut-off radio/vehicle, exchange transponders, and return to the track for marshaling. Also the rule is set for time allowed for next heat driver to be on the ready. (Meaning checked in and ready on the line). Larger events and larger club level turnouts, such as Fastlane who has over a 100 entries, enforces this rule due to time restrictions period. Here at Jake's R/C, we have relaxed this rule. Mainly because we do not have the turnouts KC does. I am concerned about this as well as the next guy..... Also, there's the time between heats that has become an issue last year as well. There's no reason for the night ending close to midnight or after when there's less than 8 Heats. Period! Especially when the night starts at 7pm. I agree that there shouldn't be a 15-20 minute break between heats. That is an issue I have had a problem with in the past and I know as well a few others too. The night can not drag on. This starts to take the fun out of your night. Correct?
Also, I can understand the courtesy of a "Racers Minute". I appreciate my fellow racer allowing me that "spare" time allowed therefor respectively giving that time back to my competitor. We all get that and need that from time to time.....but also having that almost every race is another time eating problem. What I mean is your fellow competitor needs to be on the ready, and make sure of it when his time is up to race. Now, I know a "Racers Minute" isn't quit an actual minute but, these are the things that add up at the end of the evening. You know what I mean?

Porter is correct. Electric IS confusing to those who race Nitro or is Novice to our sport. Very understandable, but....rules have been established since the very beginning of R/C racing. We have all followed them since day one and will continue to do so. ROAR is the sanctioning body who has placed them there for us. Almost all major R/C kit, electronic, motor, battery, etc., manufacturers have followed within the Specs or Guidelines of ROAR.
In my opinion....
This governing body has made it most competitive for us.
(For Example) Motors/LiPos/Electrics that are equal, makes for very close and competitive racing for Stock, SS, or Spec classes. No single racer can or is allowed to Over-Power his fellow racer in a single event.
I for one, do not own a CORR Truck yet, but I understand the over-growing popularity of this class, and that's great. This sport NEEDS something like this and I'm all for it. I'm all for class seperation for RTR and Mod.
RTR Class- Straight out of box- (as is)
MOD Class- Should be motor limited (and I'll let you sort that out) and any chassis/tire modifications hence the name....MOD Class.
Good Luck and I'll see you Saturday....
Old 09-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

+1 on the first paragraph

2nd paragraph I agree with as well, but I think it need to to be added that only one driver from that heat can call a racers minute. And after that minute has passed it's time to get the race started weather or not everyone is ready or not. After a while of somebody getting caught not being ready or continually breaking there car in warm-up laps, they'll start making sure they have there stuff ready to hit the track on time and not to bash around during warm-ups. And this goes for everybody, just cause your name might be Dover, or D-cup, or AP doesn't mean you get special privileges. Believe me I've been caught a couple times this summer running nitro with these specials rules (Like if your PT isn't counting, it's not the race directors responsibility to hand count you )

I've come to think the whole short course thing would be best left unmodified, and just have two separate classes for the level of drivers. There's no need to go throwing a bunch of money into these trucks with Ti, aluminum shocks, chassis mods, etc. It keeps the cost down, and everyone equal.

If you feel the overwhelming need to run a mod class at Jakes.... GET A 4WD BUGGY!
Old 09-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porter

I've come to think the whole short course thing would be best left unmodified, and just have two separate classes for the level of drivers. There's no need to go throwing a bunch of money into these trucks with Ti, aluminum shocks, chassis mods, etc. It keeps the cost down, and everyone equal.

If you feel the overwhelming need to run a mod class at Jakes.... GET A 4WD BUGGY!
Possible last season with the Slash being the only choice...nowadays, impossible with soon to be five SC trucks available and a couple trucks are bound to be better performers that the others. I vote following the same ROAR rules we've been using for years as far as chassis mods. You wanna have a completely aluminum XXXX truck with super quad sway bars on each corner controlling you new three piece aluminum beadlock wheels .... then
go for it! The hoppy shops will love ya but everyone already knows that all them "trick" parts won't buy you a championship anyway. BTW, I'am running my SC10 completely stock for now and I'll update as needed....not for performance but more for durability. Even at that I can only see turnbuckles and a set of CVD's in my future.

Why does anyone call this the Corr class and the rest of the country calling it Short Course
Old 09-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'll go for that... But motor limit has to stay 17.5 or brushed equivalent with short course style tries and wheels
Old 09-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Rookie

hey dustin i will take it. so there is no mod claas for sc trucks.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by j fortune
At most tracks....three makes a class. I would think if three guys wanted to race even helicopters, Jake would do his best to accommodate any paying customer
Old 09-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just call it Corr because when these trucks come to Heartland Park, that's what they call that series, so that's what I know these trucks as...CORR trucks, not SC or short course, but does it really matter? Tomato/Tomahto
Old 09-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Hey jake ygpm, let me know what u think?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j fortune
i know a couple want to run it, so might be a class, i might run both with my 17.5 trucks to see if I can hang......
Old 09-24-2009, 07:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

we got some more packing done on the track tonite and will continue tommorow if anyone want to come pack
Old 09-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I B down tomorrow!
Old 09-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default tire question

hey guys i have a newbie question for who ever can answer it for me. Im looking for some slicks for my buggy and the only company i found that makes them is panther and they come in many compounds. Now my question is, is the clay compound they have is it softer or harder than their soft compound, and does any one know of any other company that makes slicks for a 1/10 buggy?
Old 09-25-2009, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by big_knight15
hey guys i have a newbie question for who ever can answer it for me. Im looking for some slicks for my buggy and the only company i found that makes them is panther and they come in many compounds. Now my question is, is the clay compound they have is it softer or harder than their soft compound, and does any one know of any other company that makes slicks for a 1/10 buggy?
While I never sampled anything other than clay compound Panther slicks....I would assume their the softest compound they make. Panther is the only company I know that makes a rear slick but most people make their own. Ground down Losi "pink" compound taper pins is what most folks use. I've ground down a old set of Proline Holeshots in M3 compound and they worked as well. Running slicks on clay can be tricky sometimes trying to find the right balance of traction from front to rear....but once you find it
Old 09-25-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Rookie

hey guys i was going down to the track and do some packing on it. what time do they open and what do you have left to pack on the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.