Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And you can't get them in the US, you have to buy them in europe or asia and have them shipped here.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default Important!!!!!!!

It is planed to work on the track tonite if anyone is available to help or even just for input on track design, there will be a loader down there to move the dirt around at about 3. would be sweet if we could build a track with some elevation changes that is smooth and flowing since we will have the loader to move the dirt....... once we get the track in I plan on installing a watering system that just has to be turned on, it will have a timer on it so that we can get good watering daily or as needed to keep it good for slicks...
Old 09-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

After having the bobcat down there this week, we are going to start building the track today. So get on your boots and come on down!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 06:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

We are planing to race this saturday september 26th 7:00PM

The Plan on the Corr classes is as follows:

Stock Corr: (geared towards the novice racers) Stock esc and motor slash or sc10... Slash will be allowed to run a front sway bar to make the 2 trucks more equal...any corr tires allowed, no 1/8 tires.... this is expected to be a big class this year...........

Advanced Corr: Slash or SC10...13.5 or 19-turn motor limit, 17.5 recommended. Still up in the air on the 1/8 tires.... what does everyone think?
Old 09-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i dont think you should allow 1/8th scale tires but thats just my opinion.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

What about the HPI and Losi trucks when they are released? Will you allow these trucks in both stock and adv. classes?

I'm for 1/8 treads in advanced corr trucks. That to me is just a perk to running in the advanced class along with some extra motor.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by porter
What about the HPI and Losi trucks when they are released? Will you allow these trucks in both stock and adv. classes?

I'm for 1/8 treads in advanced corr trucks. That to me is just a perk to running in the advanced class along with some extra motor.
Don't know about the powerplants in those trucks, Im sure they will be close to equal....
I personally am for the the 1/8 tires but don't want the folks without them to feel they are at a disadvantage just because they don't have or wanna spend the dough.. I think we can see what everyone that speaks up has to say and go from there.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

I think....

STOCK CORR...LOSI-HPI-SC10-Slash can run sway bars, aftermarket bodies, and any 1/10th scale corr tires allowed in Stock Corr...Stock electronics

MODIFIED CORR...any motor/ESC setup goes..2s lipo max...no 1/8th scale tires...keeps competition in the 1/10th scale league?!? whats bout that homies?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dustin
We are planing to race this saturday september 26th 7:00PM

The Plan on the Corr classes is as follows:

Stock Corr: (geared towards the novice racers) Stock esc and motor slash or sc10... Slash will be allowed to run a front sway bar to make the 2 trucks more equal...any corr tires allowed, no 1/8 tires.... this is expected to be a big class this year...........

Advanced Corr: Slash or SC10...13.5 or 19-turn motor limit, 17.5 recommended. Still up in the air on the 1/8 tires.... what does everyone think?
How about just following the rest of the freakin country and follow the rules laid out by ROAR....is it that hard 17.5 brushless or 27T brushed motors.

No 1/8 scale wheels/tires either as they ruin the scale appearence of the class. If you want to run something completely out of scale that just run in the regular truck class.

Whats up with the special rules for the Slash....sway bars will there be special rules for the Losi, HPI and Kyosho trucks when they can't hang either
Old 09-22-2009, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Looks like stock treads then
Old 09-22-2009, 07:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Lowrance
How about just following the rest of the freakin country and follow the rules laid out by ROAR....is it that hard 17.5 brushless or 27T brushed motors.

No 1/8 scale wheels/tires either as they ruin the scale appearence of the class. If you want to run something completely out of scale that just run in the regular truck class.

Whats up with the special rules for the Slash....sway bars will there be special rules for the Losi, HPI and Kyosho trucks when they can't hang either
The slash I drove with a sway bar seemed worse handling then stock, but sone think it helps to even out the 2 trucks....
I don't think a 13.5 will really be any advantage, especially on corr tires, give it a try like this an we will see what happens... I myself will be running a 17.5 and assume anyone who expects to be in the top few will do the same to keep it fair!!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I think the whole SLASH class thing just needs to die. Sure Traxxas started this whole Short Course class and I thank them for that but.....their no longer the only choice in trucks nowadays. We know have the SC10 and very shortly the Losi and HPI trucks with the Kyosho entry coming around X-Mas from what I read......even Ansmann has a new SC truck (with no USA support) and I would imagine that Academy is working on something.

Doesn't seem right to have special rules just for the Slash. Lets put it this way....would you set a special set of rules to make a tamiya grasshopper competitive in the 2WD mod. How about making Dustin, Aaron and porter run on three wheels so I can keep up. Yeah, I know...it ain't goin happen

Well, I know my place in life and I think the Traxxas Slash needs to find its place too. We all wanna be super stars but we all ain't gonna make.....find your place and be happy

Also, be aware the with ROAR rules the Slash guys can do anything they want to their chassis within the rules of course.....its just the same stuff we been doing for years though....sway bars, shocks, light weight parts, carbon parts.....you all know the drill, spend a bunch of money with no real improvements on race day...but if it makes ya feel good....priceless

I strongly support the idea to follow the rules laid out by ROAR. Their very simple and follow common pratices that we all have used for years. I think there should be a Novice SC class as well. They should be allowed to run their trucks in true RTR form or if they chose...they can step up ( or sideways) to a 27T stock motor or 17.5 brushless. Follow the same rules like they ran in on-road.....win three times in a row and you move to the big boy class.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Jake ygpm
Old 09-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

so mod corr class...I cant run a mamba 4600? thought its gonna be mod not super stock...
Old 09-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

So....is there a track ready for this weekend?
If so, I'm in for 13.5 buggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.