Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad. >

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Jake's R/C Pro-Am. Topeka's indoor offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey there everyone. I don't know why it's assumed that the season is over? If it works for everyone than I was going to go til the end of April? I know everyone is gearing up for the outdoor tracks but Im not sure when they start in full swing. Can anyone inform me of the other schedules? Im ordering trophies and making new shirts to hand out to the winners. I might even have a special trophy race for the end of April so that there can be some trophy winners that aren't point related.

also,,,,We have a new track being built for this SATURDAY!
so I will look forward to seeing you all this saturday, and if theres any questions just pm me. Thankyou very much guys!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

jake, the onroad test and tune day is april 5th, and the first offical race day will be april 12th. and i'm planing on racing this saturday there and trying out that new track.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Any body interested in my XXX-CR almost ready to run. Will include losi xcelorin sensored speedo w/ 10.5 motor (only a few weeks old), JR servo that's in it (can't remember wich moddle off the top of my head), Brand new (only 2-3 packs old) pink tapers front and rear, plus gobs of other tires, any and all parts I can find in my pit box.

Really, all you will need is your radio, reciever, and a charged battery and you're set.

$300

If interested I will bring to Jakes on any day of the week.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Also got my XXX-4, just put new tapers all around on it this last weekend, plus the new LCD front drive shafts. Lots of spares and tires. Will sell it with the novak cyclone TC and checkpoint 12x1 thats in it.

$250
Old 03-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porter
Any body interested in my XXX-CR almost ready to run. Will include losi xcelorin sensored speedo w/ 10.5 motor (only a few weeks old), JR servo that's in it (can't remember wich moddle off the top of my head), Brand new (only 2-3 packs old) pink tapers front and rear, plus gobs of other tires, any and all parts I can find in my pit box.

Really, all you will need is your radio, reciever, and a charged battery and you're set.

$300

If interested I will bring to Jakes on any day of the week.
Here we go again.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Aaron P
That's not right Lurch. You throw out your lowest point score, which for everyone but Chuck is a zero. That's the whole point of a throwout like that, so you can skip a week or two and still be in contention. It would have more meaning if there were more people that ran every week. You don't just look at the weeks that you showed up to race, you look at every week in the series, so like a I said, everyone but Chuck would throw out a zero week.
Did you hit your head on something or what? I'm worried about you AP.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

I will b there if the wether is crap
Old 03-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We never thought that even one person would be there every weekend. That's why we figured the throw out would be good. The rule is actually designed to keep people coming to race even if they can't make it one week. That way they don't just give up on the season because they missed one race. It's also supposed keep your average legit if you have a bad week and break or smoke too much before your main.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aaron P
Here we go again.
Not what you think AP. It will be sold now or during the summer and replaced with another within weeks. Believe me I am not selling out of any form of R/C again without the intent of replacing it right away.

You know me I can't stay with one car for more than a few months with out wanting something else

I'm on to nitro at this point, did my last little horra with electric at Hutch last weekend.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Hey there guys. So I didn't know that we had predetiremend ending to the points season. I would like to ask if we could extend it to the middle of April? If it's going to be a problem or be inconvenient in any way please let me know. If not, I can declair the winners in all 5 classes, the first, second, and third place trophy winners. I have the trophies picked out and will be here soon. We can continue racing into April with out points and maybe start up a points series for the summer, having races maybe only once a month on an agreed day and time and have a trophy race at the end of summer? Let me know
Old 03-26-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

I think a 12 week series is plenty long enough. Maybe next year, have two series...a fall series, and then a winter series.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

I think that a summer point series may be incentive for people to race indoors in the summer. Good idea.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

There was a suggestion to have summer racing on sunday afternoons, opposite of the onroad weekends. Let me know how you feel about that.

If we are done with the points then I will have the trophies rewarded to the winners in a couple weeks. Sorry they're not ready yet, the end of the season snuck up on me! Sorry guys.

Oh yeah, I rented a Dingo and got the track redone by me and Alex. Im going to tamp it tomorow and have it ready to rock n roll for ya!
Old 03-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JaketheSnake
There was a suggestion to have summer racing on sunday afternoons, opposite of the onroad weekends. Let me know how you feel about that.
Jake- What happened to the Oval idea? I thought that was running through the summer.

Summer points series would work.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Hey I think the oval died out at Jake's, it was only temporary til Checkered Flag started their oval season this spring which only a few weeks away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.