Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Hey,

Does Losi make a 48 pitch spur for the JRX-S yet? I've refused to buy 64p gears (nothin but trouble for me)
Old 06-14-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackKat
Hey,

Does Losi make a 48 pitch spur for the JRX-S yet? I've refused to buy 64p gears (nothin but trouble for me)
You can buy the PRS Spur gear adaptor and run 48 pitch that way. I posted pics of it many pages back. I think EAMotorsports carries them for online buying or you could go directly to PRS. I dont think there is a 48p Losi gear yet.

Ray
Old 06-14-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Ouch...thats kinda lame. Atleast its EA who carries the spur adaptor

There any way to get a conventional spur on the car? I want to run the sucker right away (man am I impatient)
Old 06-14-2005, 04:41 PM
TLRacing

Hey,

We are working on them now. Still going to be a month or so.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just wanted to say thanks to Pookyt aka Brian for my Bk Brackets. Got them yesterday and mounted them on my car. They look great! Thanks again for the speedy and good service.

Leonard.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

So is there anyone that has the new battery tray in stock? Can I order it from Horizon west?
Old 06-14-2005, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Just wanted to say thanks to Pookyt aka Brian for my Bk Brackets. Got them yesterday and mounted them on my car. They look great! Thanks again for the speedy and good service.

Leonard.
Glad you like Loenard!!!

BTW!!!! I'm working on a new BK bracket with a lower lip so that in a harsh impact they will not move. I have had mine move after smacking the wall or another car several times and when they do this the car is stupid out of balance!!! I will post pics as soon as I get one finished that I'm happy with. Keep you guys posted.

Brant
Head Parts Breaker
B-Main Motorsports
Old 06-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Todd: Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. One of the reason's i'm making the switch is because I could never get a good setup off the X-Ray boys (the Martin Hudy base setup only goes so far) My friend who's running the JRX-S (which handled pretty good) is giving me his setup without any grief or questions (except for "When's it getting built?") The local presence of Losi is a lot greater than XRay and the drivers seem more laid back (probably because they didn't have to replace c-hub after a practice crash just before their next run)

Can someone just run a quick check for me? Will the "stubs" that stick out of the stock spur adaptor line up with any of the many diff-ball holes in a Kimbrough 48dp spur? A little time with a drill press and a tap and whola!

Thanks
-Dan
Old 06-14-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Stock, the spur gear is held in place by a pin pressed into the shaft, like a wheel hex, and secured with an E-clip. If you want to run 48 pitch and don't want to wait for the losi gear, I think the PRS adapter is the way to go.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Thanks dude...I should have learned (to download the manual) by now
Old 06-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Ya, I got two sets of brackets, from two suppliers...just in case, thanks guys!

My car feels the same on the bench, but of course that isn't where it matters, LOL.

Pooky, i'm thinking a small peice of material that bends under the arm. For instance if it was triangular in shape and had a 90 bend in the sweet spot, this would wedge the screw and aluminum around the arm, for NO movement.........

I wonder how long before a tooling mod brings an updated arm altogether?.... ...Jim
Old 06-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Todd: Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. One of the reason's i'm making the switch is because I could never get a good setup off the X-Ray boys (the Martin Hudy base setup only goes so far) My friend who's running the JRX-S (which handled pretty good) is giving me his setup without any grief or questions (except for "When's it getting built?") The local presence of Losi is a lot greater than XRay and the drivers seem more laid back (probably because they didn't have to replace c-hub after a practice crash just before their next run)

Can someone just run a quick check for me? Will the "stubs" that stick out of the stock spur adaptor line up with any of the many diff-ball holes in a Kimbrough 48dp spur? A little time with a drill press and a tap and whola!

Thanks
-Dan
BlackKat,

Glad to see you're making the switch. Continue firing away with questions. There are many people in this thread with a lot of knowledge.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
I have had mine move after smacking the wall or another car several times and...
Yea, I remember you had to smack my Xray like 3 or 4 times before it got outa whack!!!

BTW Losi guys- I have a NIB JRXS in the classifieds for $270 shipped... sweet deal.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
Yea, I remember you had to smack my Xray like 3 or 4 times before it got outa whack!!!

BTW Losi guys- I have a NIB JRXS in the classifieds for $270 shipped... sweet deal.

Go away you Poser!!!! LOL The JRXS he speaks of is NIB but has the plastic removed. He is an X-ray punk and dosen't deserve the Losi so I'm making him sell it!!!!! HAHAHAHAH

Brant
Old 06-15-2005, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Ya, I got two sets of brackets, from two suppliers...just in case, thanks guys!

My car feels the same on the bench, but of course that isn't where it matters, LOL.

Pooky, i'm thinking a small peice of material that bends under the arm. For instance if it was triangular in shape and had a 90 bend in the sweet spot, this would wedge the screw and aluminum around the arm, for NO movement.........

I wonder how long before a tooling mod brings an updated arm altogether?.... ...Jim
Jim--Your exactly right. The lip on bottom and the shock screw will sandwich the arm in the middle. I picked up the angle aluminum stock today so its underway!

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.