Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: little billy

Originally posted by STLNLST
4th place isn't bad....LOL
First the Hisperia race now this......I got your number kid!!!
How long have you had your car?, and how long have I had mine?
Old 05-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: little billy

Originally posted by James Nguyen
It aint the car, mine works.
For me, it's cars...with an "s"...my 12th scale ended up last from 4th the previous weekend...my JRX-S went from last to third in the B.

Hey, isn't this a JRX-S forum? What's with these non-believers that drive other hardware. Pick on me at RCRacing.com.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: little billy

Originally posted by James Nguyen
How long have you had your car?, and how long have I had mine?
You had that xxxs longer than I had my MI2 when we went to Hisperia and for your new car you have Matt francis by your side so there's a huge advantage there. Maybe PW will come out to speedworld and help me with set up....LOL I should have run the pink body for the main!!!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: little billy

Originally posted by JRX-S Bill
For me, it's cars...with an "s"...my 12th scale ended up last from 4th the previous weekend...my JRX-S went from last to third in the B.

Hey, isn't this a JRX-S forum? What's with these non-believers that drive other hardware. Pick on me at RCRacing.com.
maybe we want that battery pack that you can't use....LOL
Old 05-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by EricF
Brant,

What kind of price range are you looking at?

E
Eric and all--I will not know untill tomorrow. The ones I made for myself and my buddy are not " beautifull " but are functional! LOL The price should be under $10 bucs. I'm thinking around $7-8 bucs plus a couple for shipping. I will know more tomorrow when I talk to my aluminum guy. I will keep you guys posted ASAP.

Brant
Old 05-16-2005, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

POOKYT:Hi dude, how thick is the aluminum that you used for the BK Brackets? Also, What body did you use for Todge's Asphalt set-up? Thanks

Btw, got a pic of your track? Thank you very much
Old 05-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: little billy

Originally posted by STLNLST
You had that xxxs longer than I had my MI2 when we went to Hisperia and for your new car you have Matt francis by your side so there's a huge advantage there. Maybe PW will come out to speedworld and help me with set up....LOL I should have run the pink body for the main!!!
Gotta give James the credit for being Setup King for my JRX-S. He made it tons better...
Old 05-16-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally posted by JRX-S Bill
Tim,

Can't get that website on my computer. Is it spelled correctly?

I see the avitar change. Did something happen with Kyosho?

Bill
I don't know if you got it to load, but take out the "." after com... then it'll load just fine
Old 05-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default setup questions

Hello,

I'm still in the process of setting up my JRX-S and I will start building the shocks today.
A couple of questions though:

I just have the stock springs and oil, but I will be running foams on carpet so I was looking at Brian Kinwald's setup:

60wt oil front/60lb springs front

45wt oil rear/25lb springs rear

First of all why is there a big difference btw the springs??
I used to run purple (30lbs) springs front and copper (25lbs) springs rear!!??

So, I'll be buying new springs and 60wt oil, but can I use the included oil (40wt right?) for the rear or will 45wt really make a difference?

And the second thing is: I am currently using a JR XR3 radio, but I need a new receiver for the JRX-S, so what receiver should I get(to be compatible with the XR3).

Also, for the ESC: I will be racing stock and 19turn, what would be a good ESC? I was looking at the GTX, but it's pretty expensive and I have a lower budget now that I bought all this stuff...

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

The reason for the heavier springs is because the arms are shorter and need heavier rates for similar compression and feel.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)
Default 1st weekend`

Just wanna give HUGE PROPS to Team Losi (Hodge, Jr, J. Fillipow, etc) & Scott Welte (owner of 4 Fun Hobbies for the huge hand they gave me and my buddy for our 1st outing with the new car (Which happened to be race #2 in the JBRL at Hesperia)

the CAR ROCKS!!!!!!

1st off Hodge gave (yeah gave) us some of the revised (1st run-prototype) rear hubs to try out and there are PERFECT!!!!

2nd Mr. Hogimoto ALSO gave us some of the (soon to be released, yes VERY SOON) spool/diff pads to make the front diff a "spool" (AWESOME AS WELL)

and lastly, it was nice see Jr. and "POPS" out at the track touchin' base with the racers who actually run the car...."Hey guys, how's the car, we at Team Losi appologize for the inconvienience of the rear hubs, but we thank you for supporting our products and we will do our best to resolve the situation ASAP...." (to my recolection, these were Jr's. exact words to me and several racers)

anyways, I don't want this to sound like I'm a politician, but I do want to give props to a great team of individuals who stand behind their product.......

the car kicks ass!!!!!

oh yeah, the stock set up is dialed!!!!(but I wonder where they based the set-up from) hehehehehe

thanks again Hodge.......
Old 05-16-2005, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: 1st weekend`

Originally posted by ghoppa
2nd Mr. Hogimoto ALSO gave us some of the (soon to be released, yes VERY SOON) spool/diff pads to make the front diff a "spool" (AWESOME AS WELL)
Speaking of spools... has anyone given any thought to using Traxxas slipper pegs to replace the diff balls? That should turn the diff into a spool but hoppefully also allow a bit of slip to keep drivetrain components happy...

Any reason why this wouldn't be feasible?
Old 05-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: 1st weekend`

Originally posted by Trips
Speaking of spools... has anyone given any thought to using Traxxas slipper pegs to replace the diff balls? That should turn the diff into a spool but hoppefully also allow a bit of slip to keep drivetrain components happy...

Any reason why this wouldn't be feasible?
This was tried with the XXXS diff and it worked the only issue was that you have to cut the pegs down as they are longer then diff balls. But it does work just kind of a pain to get the pegs all cut to the same size. So try it out and see and just make sure you get them the right size or the diff might end up wider then stock when all built up.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Bill,

I got a chance to run the the car at RCCAR yesterday. Here are some observations:

SETUP: Instruction book stock.
Tires: Front = CS27 Rear = CS22 (I had a brand new set in my electric pit box so I used them )
Additional: Front swaybar .??
Motor: 19T Redline Geared: 128/40

PARTS BROKEN DURING RACEDAY:
1. Front A-arm (Factory defect, air bubble in graphite)
2. Servo horn (Wrong horn called out in instructions KO should be 23).
3. Rear hubs - Felt tweaked on track (Toe -3 on the left and -1 on the right) Changed to spare hubs, car felt even.

Due to us being short staffed I had to run the races so I only had time to run a couple of packs through it for practice, no qualifiers and put myself at the end of the B main in 19T.

OBSERVATIONS:

GENERAL FEEL AND RESPONSE:

STRAIGHT SPEED:
Car felt like it got upto speed quickly and maitained stability into the sweeper.

TURN-IN:
I don't think the Skoda2 gave me an areo push but I did have to lift alot in order to make the right hander at the end of the sweeper. Also had a few issues turning- in in some of the slower speed corners.

MID CORNER:
Simple, more throttle, more push ("Maybe I should re-think this basic setup"). (NEEDS A FRONT ONE WAY!)

EXIT CORNER:
Very smooth and predictable, but it did not launch off of the corner. ("Could be that 128/40 grearing, but that motor needs it on a big track").

OVERALL:
The car seems like it has a lot more in it. Whats that word.... potenial. There are a couple of things to clean up, but I had a conversation with one of the Team Losi drivers and I expect this car to get real competitive real fast.

OVERALL GRADE:
7 out of 10

Lee H.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: 1st weekend`

Originally posted by Kevin K
This was tried with the XXXS diff and it worked the only issue was that you have to cut the pegs down as they are longer then diff balls. But it does work just kind of a pain to get the pegs all cut to the same size. So try it out and see and just make sure you get them the right size or the diff might end up wider then stock when all built up.
Ugh... I can't see myself being able to cut a bunch of pegs to the same length, or even making the attempt... sounds like it would be a lot more trouble than it's worth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.