Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

I want to setup a Dx3r radio with the tekin rs,anything I should do to make sure I'm doing it right?
Old 11-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by guinnes.s
I want to setup a Dx3r radio with the tekin rs,anything I should do to make sure I'm doing it right?

Start with reading the instructions.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

I may refrase my question,so maybe we don't waste precious electronic papers with sily answers.
As i read on some tx after the setup to get the most of it you need to increase the throttle from 100% to 110% or more,so wondering if this is the case on the DX3R. Hope Im clear this time,lol
Old 11-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by guinnes.s
I may refrase my question,so maybe we don't waste precious electronic papers with sily answers.
As i read on some tx after the setup to get the most of it you need to increase the throttle from 100% to 110% or more,so wondering if this is the case on the DX3R. Hope Im clear this time,lol

Try it without doing that at first. If you find that you loose turbo or turbo dosn't work then do that.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Also, depending on the radio, you often have to reverse the ESC channel on the radio to get it to work. I know it's the case with my Futaba, but can't remember with Spektrum
Old 11-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My Spektrum DX3.0 doesn't require anything funky to get everything to work. Just make sure your end points are at 100% and you'll be fine. Heck, even throttle direction doesn't matter, works either way.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Do u find to be as smoth has using a tx with sticks?mine seems to have some cog at low rev .should some of the setting on the tekin solve that?
Old 11-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

With a DX3r, make sure endpoints are at 100, trim zero, calibrate to the RS, then bump the throttle end point to 105 for safe measure and call it a day.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

I have a problem. I have to much power when I drive away. My weels are spinning. I tried other tires and setups on my car but that didn't work. I also tried to lower the boost and that also didn't work. My start rpm was about 6000 and I'm using a 13,5t tekin motor timing 0 on the motor. Fdr 7.2. I didn't use the turbo because the straight is to short. With 50 timinboost I have more than enough power. Now I lose some speed by accelarating and corner out as it is a slow corner. All the other places I'm fast.

First I thought that I didn't have enough power but the drivers that were watching told me that I have weelspin. I let someone els drive with my car so i could watch what happens.

I was the only Tekin driver there between all lrp and gm drivers. So they couldn't help me.
What can i do to solve it?
Old 11-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

If your car setup is good everywhere else:

Lower your start RPM to around 4,000 to widen your RPM range, that should help smooth it out a bit.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks. I will do that. didn't think of that.
my car was one of the fastest overall 3rd time on the trac.
I lost some time in 3 corners but won comming out of the fast corners I was the fastest.
I trie it tomorrow with a lower start rpm and a bit higher end rpm. I have more than enough power on the small track.
I hope to set the fastest time tomorrow.
the top 6 were in 0,4 sec from each other in laptime and in 5 sec from eachother after 5 minits practis run.
tomorrow quali and race.
till now I won all the races the last 3 years.
I only have not the track record. it's 0,1sec bolow my personal record.
An other Tekin driver has it an because of him I changed to Tekin. his car was so fast that i couldn't bead him. he is comming also to race tomorrow.

I drove lrp and GM and now Tekin. Tekin has the most power and it feels good.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toptek
I have a problem. I have to much power when I drive away. My weels are spinning. I tried other tires and setups on my car but that didn't work. I also tried to lower the boost and that also didn't work. My start rpm was about 6000 and I'm using a 13,5t tekin motor timing 0 on the motor. Fdr 7.2. I didn't use the turbo because the straight is to short. With 50 timinboost I have more than enough power. Now I lose some speed by accelarating and corner out as it is a slow corner. All the other places I'm fast.

First I thought that I didn't have enough power but the drivers that were watching told me that I have weelspin. I let someone els drive with my car so i could watch what happens.

I was the only Tekin driver there between all lrp and gm drivers. So they couldn't help me.
post the entire setup
Old 11-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toptek

What is your end RPM and are you using 212? Without knowing your complete set up it will be hard to help you......however.....if your end RPM is at 20,000 or higher, I'd say look at your min drive settings (212) You may want to lower your settings if traction is an issue. Is it also safe to assume this is for on-road???
Old 11-28-2010, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

non ESC question... if a BL motor looses a 'phase' will it run slow and get really hot (hot enough to desolder a wire)?
Old 11-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Yes it can. You also can get one hot enough to desolder by over gearing... Over timing, too much turbo too soon....

And you always risk the speedo when that happens... If the car slows you should stop immediately every foot or lap maybe the one that takes the speedo with the motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.