Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree87Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
The TC3 steel shiny bones is a direct fit... I like the new TC4 HD aluminum bones better.. unfortunately it's blue.
Use some "Easy-Off' oven cleaner and it'll make that blue go away.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John Warner
Use some "Easy-Off' oven cleaner and it'll make that blue go away.
or Drain-O

That's a good tip John. Do you think it will work on my antenna tube?
Old 09-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Thanks for the support

Jeez guys. Thanks for the incredible support and time that you've expended in getting me straightened out. I hope that I can return the favor, somehow.

rc-zombies... thanks for saving me $30. I've been racing on asphault with a front one-way and I'm really accustomed to the tight turning radius. It just fits my style of turn navigation and acceleration. I'm thinking that I'll be more comfortable with a spool on carpet, than with the ball diff.

I'm going to follow Chad's instructions and see if I can get this thing freed up. Removing that center bearing is something I would have never considered. The closest carpet track is 54 miles, so I won't get there until Saturday.

Thanks again!

CPatrick
Old 09-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I did not like the spool to much on carpet,It's real hard on the gears in the front,best luck I have had is diff/diff.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TC4 Bevel Gears!!

Hi,

Don't know if anyone has ever brought this up but nitro TC3 Bevel gears are the exsact same as Pro4 bevel gears but they are made of much stronger material. I am yet to try one but has anyone tried them so far that can give us a bit of info. For eg. do they break faster, slower are they more efficent in the long run ect.

Cheers, Davo
Old 09-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

ChadCapece......
I doubt it'll work on that antenna tube of yours, but hey, who knows, it might!

Davo.....
I ran the NTC3 gear on my Tamiya EVO III (it uses the same gear as the Pro4 does) and I ran it every weekend on the one-way for over three months before it finally gave up. I was lucky to get two weekends with the standard Tamiya diff gear.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Sticker Sheet

Where can I buy Pro 4 sticker sheets? I am all out and I can't find a place to buy any. Thanks!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
The TC3 steel shiny bones is a direct fit... I like the new TC4 HD aluminum bones better.. unfortunately it's blue.
Where can you get these steel shiny bones? Do you have a part number? I didn't like the blue TC4 bones. They are stronger but I prefer steel instead. I also don't like the plastic sleeve around the locking pin which goes into the diff outdrives. They wear out and start eating into the outdrives.
And yes, the blue looks bad with all that purple.....
Old 09-21-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

I use Titanium Racing Worlds Ed CVD's in the front of my car, they're great, very small signs of wearing, extra holes for the pins, and no bending, well recommended. Also, not sure about USA but in the UK they are the exact same price as a pair of HPI Pro 4 drive shafts.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I found the titanium ones on Precision RC online at $45 but should be pretty durable.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nordheim
Where can you get these steel shiny bones? Do you have a part number? I didn't like the blue TC4 bones. They are stronger but I prefer steel instead. I also don't like the plastic sleeve around the locking pin which goes into the diff outdrives. They wear out and start eating into the outdrives.
And yes, the blue looks bad with all that purple.....
TC3 shiny bones:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSR37&P=7

I did manage to bend these steel bones...don't know how...but I did..and switched to the blue TC4 and not had any probable even though the blue does not look good... I'll to get the blue off one day.....

a seller on EBAY is selling TC4 bones re-anodized in Purple.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Would anyone car to post a good set up for asphalt? I will dig back through the pages in the mean time. Thanks!
Old 09-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by josh69162
Hara edition has some different springs, a different upper deck with the deck mod already done, some aluminum servo mounts, and it might have delrin outdrives. Not too sure about that. It also has a spool and the lightweight input shafts, and an additional set of toe blocks and spacers. And looking at the pictures on HPI's site, it has a new motor mount so you dont have to take the screws all the way out... The shocks are smoother, because they have some new coating (I think). Other than that, it's just a regular Pro4. But you will end up spending less money if you buy the Hara edition...
-Josh

Can you explain or point me to this "deck mod" that is mentioned several times in this thread? Thank you.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamescam
Would anyone car to post a good set up for asphalt? I will dig back through the pages in the mean time. Thanks!
try Hara's '04 Roar Nats set-up...
Old 09-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamescam
check out my setup for medium traction asphalt. Hara's setup for high traction asphalt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.