Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have a couple of them and they
make for a very smooth diff.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone run a mini fan on their Pro 4? I just bought one but don't know if I should hook it up to the receiver or the motor. If I connect to receiver, i'll have to do the painstaking task of crimping the metal contacts into the wire.

Also, do I want the plastic grille thing facing the motor or facing the electronics? (direction of air)

Last edited by DOMOisCOOL; 09-08-2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Rc zombies,I got the Tobee craft ones along with the center shaft,Thats going to be my "stock" car..
Old 09-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default top plate conversion

I've got my pro 4 apart to convert to a 48 pitch spur and wanted to try the top plate mod as well.

I'm wondering where the best place is to find the round head screws and the recessed washers that I've seen people use with the mod....anyone have a favorite source?

thanks again for all the help,

tony
Old 09-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

I was thinking of using the standard counter sunk screws for this mod and use the cone washers, will this work? Do you just use a normal drill bit to do it with? What else?
Old 09-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
Does anyone run a mini fan on their Pro 4? I just bought one but don't know if I should hook it up to the receiver or the motor. If I connect to receiver, i'll have to do the painstaking task of crimping the metal contacts into the wire.

Also, do I want the plastic grille thing facing the motor or facing the electronics? (direction of air)
I wired mine directly to the ESC red and black wire from the cells... so it's always on at full power. don't worry it draws little voltage.. you'll have plenty to finish your race.

Their should be an arrow on the fan indicating the air flow. The arrow should be pointing toward the motor.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Originally posted by xxxkat
Rc zombies,I got the Tobee craft ones along with the center shaft,Thats going to be my "stock" car..
Old 09-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by azenis
I was thinking of using the standard counter sunk screws for this mod and use the cone washers, will this work? Do you just use a normal drill bit to do it with? What else?
std. 2mm counter sunk screws and cone washer will work fine.
A normal drill bit will work fine... I started with a small drill bit and move up to the next larger one and next larger until your hole is big enough for the screw and washer to sit in without binding. Going straight to a large drill bit may delaminate the CF layers.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

rc-zombies: Thanks for the info on drilling, I was worried about delamination. Hope to give it a try on the weekend.

What sort of fans are people using? CPU fans? Or something else? Whatever computer fan will fit? is 12v ok? Has anyone tried also fitting one of those cone shaped things over the side of the motor to duct air in? I was thinking you could probably make one out of the top of a coke bottle?
Old 09-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Yes I have a 12v, wondering if that's ok? Or will 5v be better for this?
Old 09-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

rc-zombies: Thanks for the info on drilling, I was worried about delamination. Hope to give it a try on the weekend.

What sort of fans are people using? CPU fans? Or something else? Whatever computer fan will fit? is 12v ok? Has anyone tried also fitting one of those cone shaped things over the side of the motor to duct air in? I was thinking you could probably make one out of the top of a coke bottle?
they are all basically pc fans 5v - 12v will work fine. they vary in size from 25mm - 40mm... anything bigger is an overkill

air scoop will work too... you can also use the scrap lexan left over from you bodies.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi rc-zombies

Why do you say the aluminum input shafts are better than the TI ones.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

What is the best way to fasten them to the chassis? Will double sided tape hold a fan?

Originally posted by rc-zombies
they are all basically pc fans 5v - 12v will work fine. they vary in size from 25mm - 40mm... anything bigger is an overkill

air scoop will work too... you can also use the scrap lexan left over from you bodies.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

What is the best way to fasten them to the chassis? Will double sided tape hold a fan?
Shoe-Goo will be the best. It holds excellent, yet it could be easily taken off (flat sided screwdriver).
Old 09-09-2004, 04:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rudster
Hi rc-zombies

Why do you say the aluminum input shafts are better than the TI ones.
as you can see by the picture. the spur gear attached to the input shaft as one peice will have little to no play. compared to the titanium shafts you may have to do alittle more shimming.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.