Like Tree87Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Just got a Pro 4

Originally posted by Darkseid
Might have to wait to see it on the track to determine that for sure.

One thing is for sure though, all those years of TC3 owners saying "oh thats just a TC3 copy" are coming back to them! I've lost track of how many times (between this board and RCCA's board) that someone has said "oh, that just looks like a Yokomo CGM"!

Pay back is a biotch!!!

Now, even those people see that it aint that easy to make a shaft drive car....and make it different!
How TRUE!
Old 08-31-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Just got a Pro 4

Originally posted by Darkseid
Might have to wait to see it on the track to determine that for sure.

One thing is for sure though, all those years of TC3 owners saying "oh thats just a TC3 copy" are coming back to them! I've lost track of how many times (between this board and RCCA's board) that someone has said "oh, that just looks like a Yokomo CGM"!

Pay back is a biotch!!!

Now, even those people see that it aint that easy to make a shaft drive car....and make it different!
Don't get me wrong, if TC4 wins the world champion, I would not sell my PRO 4............(which I believe it will happen...)

Simply because I am "ALL SHOW and NO GO".......those carbon fiber and purple BLING BLING just made my PRO4 LOOKS and FEELS faster.....and way way better looking....LOL
Old 08-31-2004, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Thanks a lot for this info

Originally posted by JohnB
Yes we talked about that a little while ago.

HPI pistons #1 =1.3mm holes, #2=1.2mm, #3=1.1mm, #4= 1.0mm, #5=0.8mm(3 holes)

take care
john
Old 08-31-2004, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

In all seriousness though if you compare all the current cars on the market right now the Pro4 is the accumulation of what they all needed changed in one way or another so all that leaves left is the drivetrain being belt or shaft. When I say changed I mean things like the vertical inner camber link mounts, adjustable toe in using different degree pivot mounts, adjustable roll centers, extremely nice shocks that rival any others on the market, etc. The Pro4 has it all. I feel very fortunate to own this car and to have it be as competitive as it is right out of the box!!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally posted by Doug Gaut
In all seriousness though if you compare all the current cars on the market right now the Pro4 is the accumulation of what they all needed changed in one way or another so all that leaves left is the drivetrain being belt or shaft. When I say changed I mean things like the vertical inner camber link mounts, adjustable toe in using different degree pivot mounts, adjustable roll centers, extremely nice shocks that rival any others on the market, etc. The Pro4 has it all. I feel very fortunate to own this car and to have it be as competitive as it is right out of the box!!

good statement...

the only reason you really don't see pro4's winning tons of championships and big races all over the u.s. is because the factory team is relatively small here compared to the other manufacturers like ae, losi, xray...

it would be awesome to see hpi field a big team or even have partial sponsored guys who can make A Mains at national events in the stock class...(see kevin kane!!)

from the hpi website...which makes a lot of sense....i've had terrible experience with AE for customer service...but they have a big team LOL

" Instead of spending lots of money on a large team of drivers, we prefer to have full-time employees to help thousands of our dedicated customers, have a more helpful web site, maintain the R/C Forum, offer parts and services on our Buy HPI site and run a series of fun races for HPI customers."

rookie...can i join the "show no go" team? LOL
Old 08-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

From what I can tell, they have a at least 4-5 guys in Japan besides Hara. They also have 2 or 3 in Europe, or at least Britain.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Doug Gaut
exactly!, the pro4 is the first electric car that i can see myself owning for a long time. now that i have a prp chassis kit it is pritty much perfect.

although the theory that the car "needs no hopups" is a falacy, you can hop this car up until your wallet falls apart. there is always a nicer, shinier, lighter part for it.

PS; to make my car complete i want to get purple alloy screws, does anyone make a set for the pro4?
Old 09-01-2004, 02:25 AM
Tech Addict

I don't know of any purple alloy screw kits but I do know that Titanium Racing will be doing a purple anodized titanium screw set...I emailed them about it and they said it'd be about 2 weeks before the anodized kits are available but it's definately worth the wait!
Old 09-01-2004, 02:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Skill
I don't know of any purple alloy screw kits but I do know that Titanium Racing will be doing a purple anodized titanium screw set...I emailed them about it and they said it'd be about 2 weeks before the anodized kits are available but it's definately worth the wait!
Skill any idea when the Titanium Racing spool will be available or where I can get one from now?

Cheers
Old 09-01-2004, 02:35 AM
Tech Addict

Take a look on titanium racings website ( www.titaniumracing.com ) it says that they will be released in about 2 weeks.

They sent me this attached "Pro 4 flyer" with all their Pro 4 products
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-tiracing.jpg  
Old 09-01-2004, 03:14 AM
Tech Adept

It's available now if you contact them direct.
At the Stonehaven round of the Scottish series last Sunday I know of at least one person using one, and mine should be here tomorrow

You get a spare set of delrin oputdrives with each spool and the outdrives are available seperately as a set of 4.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by big_G
It's available now if you contact them direct.
At the Stonehaven round of the Scottish series last Sunday I know of at least one person using one, and mine should be here tomorrow

You get a spare set of delrin oputdrives with each spool and the outdrives are available seperately as a set of 4.
Hey

Have you got contact details? The numbers I got off the website don't seem to work ....!

Cheers
Scott
Old 09-01-2004, 03:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi

Anyone know where to get the delrin outdrives for the pro 4?
Also looking for a carbon main drive shaft
Old 09-01-2004, 04:01 AM
Tech Addict

The delrin outdrives are available from most modelshops in the UK, www.apexmodels.com are quite good and ship worldwide.

The graphite shaft is availble in Japan and I think it'll be coming to Europe quite soon.

I tried ringing titanium racing a couple of months ago and neither of the phone numbers worked, why don't you try emailing them?
Old 09-01-2004, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Skill
The delrin outdrives are available from most modelshops in the UK, www.apexmodels.com are quite good and ship worldwide.

The graphite shaft is availble in Japan and I think it'll be coming to Europe quite soon.

I tried ringing titanium racing a couple of months ago and neither of the phone numbers worked, why don't you try emailing them?
Reckon I will just wait till it hits the shops ...!

As for the graphite drive shaft ... try SD Racing ... I bought one last week ... good value too they have a shop on Ebay.

www.sdracing.co.uk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.