Search
Like Tree87Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Boiling new gearsets?

Originally posted by revnine
Anyone know if HPI suggests boiling the new bevel gears sets like the old ones? Sorry for the repeat question, but I got the new ones and would like to get them in the car as soon as I can...

Thanks again.
There should be no need to boil the new gears.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Springs

Originally posted by StewartFan20
I just put the BMI 3mm chassis on the car and the front shock tower is a lower profile and I cannot get ride hight below 6mm. I put the stock shock tower on and the lowest I can get the ride hight is 4.5mm. I am using AE springs which are about 25mm and I thought if I could find some shorter springs, it would help.

Thanks
Do you really want to go lower than 4.5mm ??
Old 08-22-2004, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Springs

Originally posted by big_G
Do you really want to go lower than 4.5mm ??
No. But, I can't get to 4.5mm with the BMI shock tower and I really want to use it. I can only get to 4.5mm with the stock shock tower.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ya... i am also having probs getting to 5mm with bmi shocktowers...
Right now i am like 5.5ish
Old 08-22-2004, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

check your droop. this will through off ride height settings by alot
Old 08-22-2004, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

some local guy is running the rear shock tower up front cuz of the spool he said ....what difference would that make?
Old 08-22-2004, 10:47 AM
X2
Tech Regular

It would give a more balanced feel to the car and allow you to use the same springs all tound with very consistant handling.
The BMI front shock towers have the same hole locations as the HPI rear shock tower...
Old 08-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

well i ask a very profound question of you HPI people and all i got was ....dude ask some other guy...who which i never heard of. I never really had my question answered and passing my question off to some other guy was not what I was looking for. Now that my question is on the other page I bet no one will see it and thus my question is reasonably dead.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by rustler753
well i ask a very profound question of you HPI people and all i got was ....dude ask some other guy...who which i never heard of. I never really had my question answered and passing my question off to some other guy was not what I was looking for. Now that my question is on the other page I bet no one will see it and thus my question is reasonably dead.
RC-Zombies gave you a profound answer!
You are looking for a comparison of 3 cars - now why should everyone in here be able to do that?

RCZ believes that Ray Haung is capable of giving you that answer.

Ah - you don't know him - well neither do I - but a search of the members list brings you all his details!
Send him a mail or a PM - I am sure that he will give you his honest opinion.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:28 AM
X2
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rustler753
I will have ago at your qeustion...
First of all the Xray and Pro4 are completly different in design, but both will still perform in the right hands.
Now, being a Pro4 driver its my duty to tell you that the Pro4 is better than any other car out there BUT I wont because that would be biased.
Look at the facts, The Xray should in theory have better weight distribution and balance due to the cell location. However, the Pro4 does have that extra advantage of having the added efficiency and acceleration a shaft brings, with torq steer though (which would be VERY hard to notice unless your name is Hara).
They can both be as competitive as each other so long as they are set up correctly, so there isnt much between them.
So, the only way to choose between the two would be looking at price (here in the UK the Pro4 is cheaper) , Parts support (also over here the Pro4 has exellent support) and set up information(I know there are a lot of set up sheets flying about on HPI's website, not sure about Xray though). Also see what other guys at your track are using, to get help with set ups.
Also, I THINK the Pro4 has a stiffer chassis too, it can also have extra purple parts added
Old 08-22-2004, 11:30 AM
X2
Tech Regular

P.S. Pro4 rocks, U.S national champion. Buy one!
Old 08-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by lazyboy
check your droop. this will through off ride height settings by alot
er...
droop doesn't affect ride height unless you have it set so tight that it adjausts ride height (but that's not what droop adjustment is for)
Old 08-22-2004, 12:33 PM
X2
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Super Steve
er...
droop doesn't affect ride height unless you have it set so tight that it adjausts ride height (but that's not what droop adjustment is for)
Droop affects the amount of body roll your car has
Old 08-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Super Steve
ya... i am also having probs getting to 5mm with bmi shocktowers...
Right now i am like 5.5ish
hmmm...
I was hoping not to install my BMI chassis til Dec...
I may have to install my chassi and check this situation out.... I too run 4.5mm up front and around 4.8-5mm in the rear.

oh btw...did you guys remove .5mm arm mount spacer to adjust the difference going from 2.5 to 3mm chassis?
Old 08-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Boiling new gearsets?

Originally posted by Skill
There should be no need to boil the new gears.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.