Search
Like Tree87Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rookie Solara

P.S...........does Pro 4 need immediate upgade to the 3mm chassis like from BMI? For electric newbie like me, does the stock 2.5mm (I think...or is that 2mm?) chassis still gives me a RACE performance...? Thanks....
If you're running indoors or high traction tracks... the 3mm chassis is recommended... . start with the stock set-up...2.5mm and see how that handles for you... the 2mm was made for outdoor racing..and that's what Hara used during the Reedy race.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
If you're running indoors or high traction tracks... the 3mm chassis is recommended... . start with the stock set-up...2.5mm and see how that handles for you... the 2mm was made for outdoor racing..and that's what Hara used during the Reedy race.
Hmmm......interesting, then that means i don't really need the chassis for now, I will use that for outdoor foams MOD racing...

And that make sence...indoor high traction will FLEX the chassis unless you have something thick (like 3mm BMI).....understood.

P.S.........like I said, I will use the PRO 4 for foam (rarely rubber I think).........and I know NITRO FOAMS are not really recommand for the elect due to foam compounds are different, the rim size are different and the offset.....now, what brand, what shores and where to get elect foams..? Thanks
Old 06-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Rookie....Thanks my car was good but I had some broken parts that I did not fix.....like a castor block, steering knuckle and a front arm.... I was just to lazy to fix them and just drove the car.....it was really hard to drive by the mains.
Like others have stated you dont need a 3mm chassis right off the bat.....Im running a 3mm chassis from PRP. This chassis should be out very soon. I did all of the on track testing for the PRP chassis and I do have to say that its a vast improvement over the stock chassis even on asphalt. So if your looking to get a thicker chassis also look at PRP too....the Chassis set has some nice features....look for his thread in this Fourm.....I think the pre-order sale ends today that has the chassis set at a lower price.
For foam compounds.....I run either Plaid's and Purples and lately have been running Double Purple fronts and Purple rears. Some guys are running nitor compounds like 37 to 42 shore....with the softer compound in the rear naturally. Yeah if you ever need any help or anything just stop by and ask me or PM me. Good luck with your new car im sure that you will like it I love mine.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

On the chassis I dont think you need a 3mm on asphalt,Unless it's a very high bite track,I have both,A Pro4 with the stock setup and one with a BMI chassis,and to tell the truth, on the track I race on their is really no difference that I can tell(lap times are the same)It really has more to do with set up than chassis's,If it's a carpet track than I would replace the chassis.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Kevin K
Rookie....Thanks my car was good but I had some broken parts that I did not fix.....like a castor block, steering knuckle and a front arm.... I was just to lazy to fix them and just drove the car.....it was really hard to drive by the mains.
Like others have stated you dont need a 3mm chassis right off the bat.....Im running a 3mm chassis from PRP. This chassis should be out very soon. I did all of the on track testing for the PRP chassis and I do have to say that its a vast improvement over the stock chassis even on asphalt. So if your looking to get a thicker chassis also look at PRP too....the Chassis set has some nice features....look for his thread in this Fourm.....I think the pre-order sale ends today that has the chassis set at a lower price.
For foam compounds.....I run either Plaid's and Purples and lately have been running Double Purple fronts and Purple rears. Some guys are running nitor compounds like 37 to 42 shore....with the softer compound in the rear naturally. Yeah if you ever need any help or anything just stop by and ask me or PM me. Good luck with your new car im sure that you will like it I love mine.
Kevin, thanks for all the information (if you remember, I was the marshell to pick up your PRO4 in 1 of the main, I think it was the 2nd when there are some smoke coming out from the rear of your car....which I am sure you don't have a rear exhaust engine on board..)......like racing Nitro, I usually like to use what the local ppl use, so we can all work on the same brand and work out the same problem for all of us.....in Nitro, ppl use what I use, but on elect, I am for real a ROOKIE....so, I do what you tell me to do, so PRP that is..........but I am sure I will wait. I just need a elect car to start, too early for me to PRO it....
I've already got some rubber tires help from Euge and Nexus (from KThobbies)...about the foams, sounds like you are using JACO (I think only Jaco use COLOR instead of #...) and 2Xpurple front and purple rear just like what I used on my NITRO cars like 5 years ago when JACO foams are 1 of the few foams tires available for Nitro car....

Yeah, once I have the Nitro race finish, I will jump into the RSJ...I was at RSJ racing last year for some 1/12th scale but after seeing all those TC.....they made me want to get one.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by xxxkat
On the chassis I dont think you need a 3mm on asphalt,Unless it's a very high bite track,I have both,A Pro4 with the stock setup and one with a BMI chassis,and to tell the truth, on the track I race on their is really no difference that I can tell(lap times are the same)It really has more to do with set up than chassis's,If it's a carpet track than I would replace the chassis.
Good information, like what you said, I don't think right now, my knowledge of racing elect TC is capable to tell the different, so I will probably wait, and just use different SETUP from all of you guys and find out what makes the best different for me...

Like other said.........."JUST DRIVE". Thanks..............
Old 06-30-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ok yeah....now I remember who you are....when the car started smoking the pinion fell off on the start of the straight and I didnt know so I still had full trigger and well when the car finally stoped rolling at the end of the 185ft straight the motor blew.....and thats what the smoke was....

Yeah Im going to finish out the points serries at Tinley then it willl be back to RSJ Full time.....so when you get out there just look me up.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Oru pre order special on the HTS chassis kit has been extended another week. look here >>> team prp forum

Hey Kevin, haven't talked in a little while. How's everything with the chassis working out now that you've had it for a while? I'll shoot you an email.

Thanks!
B
Old 06-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Rookie,I would suggest starting out with the stock set up and make changes to suit the track and your driving style,at least you will have a baseline to start with.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: aftermarket ball cups?

Originally posted by cartmen34
If this has been asked and answered I apologize. I wish we could search through individual threads! (can we somehow?)

I'm looking for new ball cups to replace the slightly whimpy stock ball cups. I noticed that Hara has used RPM ball cups on his pro4. I've looked on the RPM site but could not find any cups for the Pro4 4.3 ball ends.

Can anybody help me out? If not RPM stuff, then what do you guys use to upgrade the stock ball cups?
cartmen i think any 4.3 ball cups would work as long as they are long enough and not too big at the rears so they scrub the wheels too much.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:04 AM

I tried RPM ball cups, but they are extremely tight. How did Hara used that?
Old 06-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: aftermarket ball cups?

Originally posted by rc_square24
cartmen i think any 4.3 ball cups would work as long as they are long enough and not too big at the rears so they scrub the wheels too much.
right, 4.3 ballcups, but who makes them? If RPM makes them, why can I not find any? I don't really care if they are RPM or somebody else's ball cups, I am just looking for something a little more beefy than the stock ones.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: aftermarket ball cups?

Originally posted by cartmen34
right, 4.3 ballcups, but who makes them? If RPM makes them, why can I not find any? I don't really care if they are RPM or somebody else's ball cups, I am just looking for something a little more beefy than the stock ones.
call Schumacher USA 813-889-9691
order a few sets of U1704K
They are called "Ball Grippa" sockets (PK 8)
These are nice.

p/s sounds like my girlfriend
Old 06-30-2004, 12:27 PM

These are nice.
Found it at Schumacher website for $7.99. Are you sure they are 4.3?

Old 06-30-2004, 12:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: aftermarket ball cups?

Originally posted by coastaltony
These are nice.

p/s sounds like my girlfriend

thanks a bunch tony!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.