Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

RandyB-YGPM!!!
Old 04-02-2004, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Back at ya ray
Old 04-02-2004, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Did anyone try to order Bevel gears from TowerHobbies when they were briefly available. I had a couple on backorder, but my backorder was never filled and now they are showing that they have no idea when they will get more. Just curious if I got totally screwed or if it was a mistake on their part to even list that they were in.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by RandyB
Zombies good work on those pics. I have thought about making the CF camber links too. Now I know its possible.
yea I thought about making some too....looks like I have something to do this weekend...
Old 04-02-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

did anybody else notice Hara is using rpm ball cups? what is everybody using for ball cups?
I'm using RPM cups with the tops drilled out...to have better access to the hex on the balls...
Old 04-02-2004, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

did you notice any play with hpi ones they just dont seem too race worthy in the long run
Old 04-02-2004, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

did you notice any play with hpi ones they just dont seem too race worthy in the long run
actually the stock ones were good....better than HPI previous cups... they held up very good.... like all cups...they eventually loosened up...
Old 04-02-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

can i use the rpm ball cup on the pro4?? i don t think the ball was the same size like AE or losi??

Pace
Old 04-02-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Pace72
can i use the rpm ball cup on the pro4?? i don t think the ball was the same size like AE or losi??

Pace
If Hara's using them... why not?
Old 04-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

it s good to know!!

thanks

Pace

p.s. just to let you know...me and my firend have buy the pro4 2 week ago...and last sunday we have race the car....and we was qualified first and second and finished first and second after 8min of racing...

i was using mine for the first time out!! the first time i put the car on the track i was really impressed on how well the car was going!! i was running on carpet!! we are using the set-up from the box but we change only the spring and the shock angle!
Old 04-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Need an update on the front oneway gear. How is adding the washers on the screws to hold the gear more stable working out at stopping the flex of the gear along with boiling the gears? My car is coming in this afternoon and there are no spare gears in town yet. Just wondering what all preventative steps to take ahead of time.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, I tried to use some spare Surikarn outdrives and parts to make a Diff/Spool, but unfortunately the center "tube" that the thrust screw passes thru is too long, making the assembly too wide. I may drill out the female end to take the longer tube and work, or I may just order the diff set.

FYI, both the LHS' in my area have been able to get the bevel gears in stock. I know someone asked awhile ago about availability. I have noticed no difference between boiling and not boiling the gears, except for when the pinion gear breaks, the ring gear has tended to stay intact.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally posted by cartmen34
I noticed that when I loosened the two outer screws that reside on the far ends of the gearboxes things got alot more free. This is obviously because now the gearboxes are now not clamped together, but clearly I cannot run the car with those two screws loose all the time.

It's not possible that I tighted the gearbox screws down TOO much....is it? I mean the plastic would strip out first, right?
Cartmen,

You can stress the parts if you tighten down them too much. I just "snug" my screws up, so that they aren't putting too much pressure on the parts. Does it bind slighty after you tighten the upperdeck on a flat surface?

You also could have a deformed gear box halves, I noticed that mine don't fit together perfectly, but when they go together, they work fine.

Hope this helps,

Buddha
Old 04-02-2004, 09:37 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Doug Gaut
Need an update on the front oneway gear. How is adding the washers on the screws to hold the gear more stable working out at stopping the flex of the gear along with boiling the gears? My car is coming in this afternoon and there are no spare gears in town yet. Just wondering what all preventative steps to take ahead of time.
Doug - I just did that because I noticed that the screws were digging into the gears quite a ways when they were as tight as they needed to be, so I put the washer ( actually E-clips since you would probably need to cut part of the washer for where the gear angles out )

I'm hoping the PRP brace will fix it. We'll know soon.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by RCBuddha
Cartmen,

You can stress the parts if you tighten down them too much. I just "snug" my screws up, so that they aren't putting too much pressure on the parts. Does it bind slighty after you tighten the upperdeck on a flat surface?

You also could have a deformed gear box halves, I noticed that mine don't fit together perfectly, but when they go together, they work fine.

Hope this helps,

Buddha
No, I've checked and triple checked my chassis after I've put the upper deck on the car. It's straight and true, no tweak at all.

I'll try just snugging the parts down tonight and see how the drive train feels.

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll give an update once I've got things town down (again!) and have found something out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.