Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by V12
http://www.rc-square.com/
Good lookin' out, V12! Thanks
Old 03-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

TSR6,
are you running the stock spur with that spring set-up? If, you are, it seems you should definitely be running a much bigger pinion than what you quoted(closer to what i'm running).
Old 03-29-2004, 11:04 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by kewdawg
TSR6,
are you running the stock spur with that spring set-up? If, you are, it seems you should definitely be running a much bigger pinion than what you quoted(closer to what i'm running).
Nah, I buzzed my spur gear on one of my first runs. I had the motor loose and pegged the wall sideways.... BBbzzzzeeeewww!!! hehe...

I got a RW spur with the same teeth though, so yea, basically the same as stock. I know that it sounds low, but at S&N Trackside, it's not ( for me at least, I don't really keep track of what the other guys run ). I know the guy with a Cuda ( same internal ) is running a tooth more than me on his motors, but I'm not sure what spring/brushes he uses. I tried to pull his gearing, and I only come off the track WAAAY to hot, and it's doggy in the infield.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

TSR6,
is the layout tight with a lot of short straights? Are you running foam or rubber tires?
Old 03-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys. Last weekend i changes Speedtech`s ceramic bearings for my pro4 and check everything else in same time i saw something intresting.

Have you seen what is read about that stock delrin spurgear?

98- 64 XENON
Old 03-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Trinity2
Hey guys. Last weekend i changes Speedtech`s ceramic bearings for my pro4 and check everything else in same time i saw something intresting.

Have you seen what is read about that stock delrin spurgear?

98- 64 XENON
no...
what did you read...?

a link would be helpful.. for those who don't want to look...
Old 03-29-2004, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

oooo I hope its good

rw is the only spur for me
Old 03-29-2004, 01:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Broken Gears

I found a few different plastics to make these gears from that will not break. They also contain properties that will reduce friction.

Question is, do you really want this problem fixed? I ask this because in an accident, the energy needs to go somewhere. Given enough energy, something is going to break. As pointed out earlier, it will be a driveshaft, CVD, oneway bearing, or a gear. It seems to me that a gear is a lot less expensive than a new oneway assembly. But then on the other hand, which one can you break/bend and still finish a race with.

What is HPI going to do about the gears? Will they start making them from a stronger plastic or take the Tamiya approach of "just don't hit anything". Either way, I will probably continue with making these, even if it is just for a polymers exercise. Any thoughts on the subject (hopefully from HPI)?

Thanks,
Louis
Old 03-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

tc3 never came with a front oneway neither did the losi so they basicaly have no problems
Old 03-29-2004, 02:11 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by kewdawg
TSR6,
is the layout tight with a lot of short straights? Are you running foam or rubber tires?
Rubber tire on a layout much similar to THIS. It's changed every week, but it gives you a general idea of the track. Usually it's a within a pinion size larger or smaller compared to this layout.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

I can't imagine putting two kits together, my hand hurt for days after doing one.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:10 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by CraigH
I can't imagine putting two kits together, my hand hurt for days after doing one.
Yeah, I picked the first one up on I beleive a thursday, had it finished early friday morning, raced it tuesday, practiced thurs & friday, bought the second kit sat ( stole a gear out of it ) then built it on monday or tues.

By the time it was together, my hand was toast.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TSR6
Yeah, I picked the first one up on I beleive a thursday, had it finished early friday morning, raced it tuesday, practiced thurs & friday, bought the second kit sat ( stole a gear out of it ) then built it on monday or tues.

By the time it was together, my hand was toast.

you youngster make me joulous...
wait 'til you get married and have kids... you won't have time to build and race...
Enjoy it while you can....
the best part is.. father & son things.....racing picks up again when your kid is old enough to go the track and the wife can't complain like before....
Old 03-29-2004, 03:27 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by rc-zombies
you youngster make me joulous...
wait 'til you get married and have kids... you won't have time to build and race...
Enjoy it while you can....
the best part is.. father & son things.....racing picks up again when your kid is old enough to go the track and the wife can't complain like before....
Yeah, It's all about the dorm life.

That weekend when I got the first kit, The biggest choice of the night was between building the kit, or partying. I built the kit.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TSR6
Yeah, It's all about the dorm life.

That weekend when I got the first kit, The biggest choice of the night was between building the kit, or partying. I built the kit.
Ahhhh....dorm life...the good ol' days...
I would have partied... on second thought building the car is more fun... there's always a party going on....
had some great times in the dorms....
even though I was never an official resident...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.