Old 03-09-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

uh-oh, don't go there!
Old 03-09-2004, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by Frank McKinney
uh-oh, don't go there!
Frank, can you answer that one...? Or do you want me to tell him.....? I too planning to get the PRO 4 as well, but of course, not for the HPI Challenge reason, it is a good looking car, and might as well give it a shot....

But on the other hand of my R40.............that is because of the HPI challenge.........however.................:flaming :
Old 03-09-2004, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rayhuang
If you end up replacing the chassis for whatever reason-please send it to me for a couple weeks. I will return it unused in a few weeks time!!

Ray
Ray I got an extra chassi I can send to Victor.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by pucho
Ray I got an extra chassi I can send to Victor.
Hi pucho-I am all set there my friend!! Should have a chassis in my hands in a few days. I heard your open now. Good luck!!
Old 03-09-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by David Joor
Setup is close to Hara's, here it is. This is a non-paragon track, thus the Jack the Gripper. The setup is good enough for a starting point for the nationals, I plan on having to go up in oil in the front to 70 and spring to Yellow AE, lower the rear pivots and raise the front pivots. Than just adjust camber links and track width to personal settings. FYI - I had a friend make me some pivot blocks to tide me over till the HPI's were released

RC-Zombies - The tweak retained in the top deck, so you only need to loosen those screws to unset it. Wasn't sure if you were aware of that not, sorry if you were already.
Have you tryed the Niftech TT stuff. It works just like Paragon with out the stink.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ray:

We ran Oval this parst weekend, and we are settign for the roadcoarse this week. Ill get to run the Pro4 this week end Ill tell you what I think.

Oh yeah Hector is comming to stay with me for the weekend

Luis
Old 03-09-2004, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by pucho
Ray:

We ran Oval this parst weekend, and we are settign for the roadcoarse this week. Ill get to run the Pro4 this week end Ill tell you what I think.

Oh yeah Hector is comming to stay with me for the weekend

Luis
Thats TOO funny!!

If it werent two weeks from the Nats-I would buy one to try it, but I am sticking with my TC3 conversion stuff. Its been good to me all year!!! Especially when the BIte came-up!!
Old 03-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Frank, can you answer that one...? Or do you want me to tell him.....? I too planning to get the PRO 4 as well, but of course, not for the HPI Challenge reason, it is a good looking car, and might as well give it a shot....

But on the other hand of my R40.............that is because of the HPI challenge.........however.................:flaming :
Well honestly I have no answers. I 'm not connected with HPI any more, other than that I work for their UK distributor.

Ray - See the Racing Forum on this site for details on what's going to happen for the HPI USA Challenge this year.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hi guys,
i sold all my rc cars (nmt, pro 2, xxxs, micro rs4, xxx, TXT-1)

I think i will buy a touring car again...

i really like the pro 4 because i like hpi very much and they really made very capable cars this season.

2 questions, is it loud like a tc3? or quite like a belt?
And where can you buy them the cheapest?
Old 03-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quite like a belt car,the Pro4 is the bomb!!
Old 03-10-2004, 12:07 AM
RCTech Member #2

What is the part number for the wider hexes ( to eliminate the washers )?

The wheels my track got in have some pretty shallow hexes, so I would like to run without the washers.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by TSR6
What is the part number for the wider hexes ( to eliminate the washers )?

The wheels my track got in have some pretty shallow hexes, so I would like to run without the washers.

It's 2am overthere...and you're still up... cramming for exams?

the wider hex is #72036..... "Buy HPI" had some for sale...but sold out... You can also get the Altas version from Integy...you'll need the 6.3mm +/-
Old 03-10-2004, 12:36 AM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by rc-zombies
It's 2am overthere...and you're still up... cramming for exams?

the wider hex is #72036..... "Buy HPI" had some for sale...but sold out... You can also get the Altas version from Integy...you'll need the 6.3mm +/-
Thanks for the part #.

No exams, Tomorrow is actually my "easy" day of the week. Only two classes, a lecture, and my public speaking lab, and since I've already gone, I get to sit and listen for 50minutes.

I really have no idea why I'm still up, other than going through e-mail, I really haven't been doing anything.

I'm also looking at putting foam tires on the second car, and just wait for a couple option parts before running it.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hmmm...another A Main showing for the Pro4 in stock class. The past 2 wks that I've raced this car has been quite interesting. I've stripped a diff bevel gear....and punting quite a few cars that happened to fall in front of me out of nowhere. I've also cracked two rims; wow! Other than that, the car is holding up.

I do have a bit of a problem though. When running the stock setup with a slight variation it runs well in mod and in 19T with rubber tires, but in stock where every little thing counts I seem to be fighting the car. First I had a car that just didn't transition fast enough..it seemed lazy or planted. Also, I was pushing alot going into turns (probably due to the shaft drive system....little drag as opposed to belt). So I had to dial in more steering but it got harder to drive. I'm sure my problem lies in the 3 deg of rear toe. In mod I'm sure that is not much of a problem but in stock the slightest drag can hurt. The car is definitely working as my lap times are definitely on pace with the fast guys....now I just need more track time with the car..and more practice! In the mains tonight I drove a few fast laps...but now I'm thinking it might have been just the motor and batteries. One of the TC3 drivers suggested I drop my shock oil weight to 30w from 40w (LOSI OIL). That helped make the car react quicker and helped slightly in the traction dept. It seems like I'm over compensating on the other end of the car when I really should be chaning the rear end of the car by decreasing toe.

This weekend I will mount some new tires. I've been running the same set for practice and races for the last 2 months. My tires are starting to feather....NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!!! FYI: I've been running the Sorex 32s.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds like you need to work on setup, 3 degree rear toe is fairly standard for non-carpet tracks. Post your setup and I am sure there are a few things that I or someone else can help you with. Your correct that a 2.5 rear toe block would be an easy change but you should be able to accomplish the same thing through camber links, track width, and shocks. Also tell if you can get the rear end loose at all if you drive in too hard and does it look like your car is leaning to much in the turns?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.