Search
Like Tree87Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastharry
its right down the road from Bruckner in nanuet.....

lipos allowed,and needed....
Wait a tick, that was you? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzo-cBEnE0c)I was there, didnt race. I was no where near ready for prime time. I was one of the grown ass men newbies walking around with my mouth like . I had a Pro2 but didnt realize it was that kind of party. I was used to running drag with a p-94 7x2 and got my feelings hurt when I wrecked during pratice. I got to get up there. Tom sure knew how to throw an event. Everyone got a free body, people brought their A-game (most people) and it was a lot of fun. HPI gave the east coast some serious love back then. I used to live near bruckner in Throgs Neck.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:17 AM
Tech Rookie

I also built a new diff with all new parts and used the associated bolt in this one(since the cyclones are NOT available
could you point me to this associated nut you speak of, do you have a part # or an online store I can buy it from.

ill also try a new spring see if it makes a difference
Old 07-30-2007, 06:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
This was a common problems. diff screw loosening. are you using the new T-nut? that will help keep it tight along with a drop of blue locktite...
the alternative is using the TC3 Diff screw and nut.

what new T nut ?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Wait a tick, that was you? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzo-cBEnE0c)I was there, didnt race. I was no where near ready for prime time. I was one of the grown ass men newbies walking around with my mouth like . I had a Pro2 but didnt realize it was that kind of party. I was used to running drag with a p-94 7x2 and got my feelings hurt when I wrecked during pratice. I got to get up there. Tom sure knew how to throw an event. Everyone got a free body, people brought their A-game (most people) and it was a lot of fun. HPI gave the east coast some serious love back then. I used to live near bruckner in Throgs Neck.

that was me where?....in nanuet,or in the video?......and where were you,in nanuet recently,or at the challenge in 02?...
Old 07-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by unashamed
what new T nut ?

the new t nut is a screw and nylon nut used in the cyclone...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=HPI73522

you can also use the associated GT nut and screw......

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=ASC6575

you can't mix the 2.....osne is metric,the other american..
Old 07-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

that was me where?....in nanuet,or in the video?......and where were you,in nanuet recently,or at the challenge in 02?...
I was being funny, I wasnt there recently, but I was there in 02. If you blinked, you would have missed it. I was praticing, not being used to an outside track and crashed. My day was over. But I have seen the footage on the tapes at bruckner, you know, the videos they run in the store to get walkers in tuned into the hobby, motivating them to by race related stuff.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by unashamed
what new T nut ?
The T Nut is not really new now, been around for quite a while.
Its referred to as the HD Diff Nut. The old diff nut basically was a little plastic holder that held a nylon lock nut

The new diff nut is single unit with the nut and holder built as one. It does not have a nylon lock nut, hence the need for a drop of loctite.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mangoman
The T Nut is not really new now, been around for quite a while.
Its referred to as the HD Diff Nut. The old diff nut basically was a little plastic holder that held a nylon lock nut

The new diff nut is single unit with the nut and holder built as one. It does not have a nylon lock nut, hence the need for a drop of loctite.

ya know the funny part?....we are all using a GT T nut....cause the small nut sucks.....and the TC 5 uses the small nut and not the t nut.....

maybe HPI will get their act together sometime.....and we can use HPI parts in our cars...
Old 08-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

does anyone know if anyone ever made metal outdrives for the pro 4?....

and are cyclones diffs the same outdrives,as maybe they make metal ones for that?...

thanks
Old 08-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

does anyone know if anyone ever made metal outdrives for the pro 4?....

and are cyclones diffs the same outdrives,as maybe they make metal ones for that?...

thanks

They didnt and no. I had mine custom made for the pro 4.When I was trying to get orders, people thought I was trying to get paid. I gave them my molder's information direct and because of lack of demand, he stopped making them. The Cyclone diffs do not fit, different diameter and outdrive length, I tried.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

on the diff side of things i seemed to blow front bevel gears. but ever since i shimed the crown closer to the pinion i have not had a problem. i will be running b/less stock next season and in all honesty i think the driveline in the pro 4 is almost bullet proof judging from what mine been through already and what it is still going through
Old 08-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

The stripping can be reduced with proper shimming, but the torque of brushless, especially the 4.5's and 3.5's of the world and heavy breaking, lets just say its still gonna occur. Guess thats why i am stepping down a class for my Pro4
Old 08-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
They didnt and no. I had mine custom made for the pro 4.When I was trying to get orders, people thought I was trying to get paid. I gave them my molder's information direct and because of lack of demand, he stopped making them. The Cyclone diffs do not fit, different diameter and outdrive length, I tried.
does he have any left?..
Old 08-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

No. He stopped milling them. Check him on this forum and rcuniverse..his handle is "sleepy23". He custom makes parts in increments, so he might be able to hook you up. When I bought mine a year ago, $32, for both front and rear shipped...not too shabby.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

If anyone has an extra battery hold down post, screw and strap set from the HPI Pro4 that they are will to part with, please let me know. I want to experiment and see if I can fit it on my Hot Bodies Cyclone. I hate using take and need all the weight that I can get for my lipos.

PM Me Please!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.