Wiki Posts
Search

Let's Build a Schumacher Mi3!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
i just wanna know how long does it take PW to wire up his car - you can hardly see any wires.........
Hours
Attached Thumbnails Let's Build a Schumacher Mi3!-build-pic-33.jpg   Let's Build a Schumacher Mi3!-build-pic-34.jpg   Let's Build a Schumacher Mi3!-build-pic-35.jpg  
Old 05-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Hours
nice 3.5 motor
Old 05-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
You're right. The screws that hold the spool together did get some threadlock on them. But that's the first spool I've ever had that's rebuildable so not something I've ever done before.

Jon- are you bringing the car to Oside this Saturday? I'm interested in checking it out.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Can someone explain how certain amounts of rebound are achieved?

When a setup sheet say's 20% rebound does that mean the shock rod is extending to 20% of it's full length?

Also, what should the theorhetical difference be to the handling after adjusting it, i.e. err, what does it do

Skiddins
Old 05-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Can someone explain how certain amounts of rebound are achieved?

When a setup sheet say's 20% rebound does that mean the shock rod is extending to 20% of it's full length?

Also, what should the theorhetical difference be to the handling after adjusting it, i.e. err, what does it do

Skiddins
Chris Ashton uses Mi2EC caps on his Mi3. The Mi2EC cap does not have a side bleed hole and does not have a vent hole above the bladder. They are a little harder to build all the same but with the EC cap you will get rebound.

PW and I prefer the Mi3 cap as the shocks all build up the same every time with not effort at all. To get rebound on the Mi3 shock use 1 or 2 shock o-rings between the bladder and the cap or Much More rebound foams.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hours
no,he uses brinks new wireless brushless system
Old 05-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Jon- are you bringing the car to Oside this Saturday? I'm interested in checking it out.
Sorry. I'm heading up to the new asphalt track at BCR for some testing. I'm not sure what's going on next week. I'll let you know if I'm heading to Oceanside.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by protc3
no,he uses brinks new wireless brushless system
uuuhhhh, baaabbbyyy!! nice idea
Old 05-11-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Chris Ashton uses Mi2EC caps on his Mi3. The Mi2EC cap does not have a side bleed hole and does not have a vent hole above the bladder. They are a little harder to build all the same but with the EC cap you will get rebound.

PW and I prefer the Mi3 cap as the shocks all build up the same every time with not effort at all. To get rebound on the Mi3 shock use 1 or 2 shock o-rings between the bladder and the cap or Much More rebound foams.
Cheers, what effect does rebound have on the car?
Old 05-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

where did PW get those rose joints that he's using for the rear hub carrier - and why has he fitted them rather than the rpm ballcus he'sused elsewhere?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default How to free up the car

AdrianM/PW: c'mon bro- let us in on your speed secrets. How is it that you pro drivers get those cars to run so smooth and free. A known Corally driver from PP told me of crazy tricks and tips...just let us in on how to really free up the car- what can be done to the bearings, drive shafts, axles, bones, belts, hubs, pulleys...let it all out
Old 05-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Suspended

Heres a secret learn to drive a full 5 minutes an inch off the board without slowing down or hitting anything. Then worry about freeing up your already probably fairly free transmission.

Oh yeah if you were a Thetan 7 you would know all the tricks of the trade.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Xenu
Heres a secret learn to drive a full 5 minutes an inch off the board without slowing down or hitting anything. Then worry about freeing up your already probably fairly free transmission.

Oh yeah if you were a Thetan 7 you would know all the tricks of the trade.
Thanks for the insight, Sensay. Been there, done that. Besides, that wasnt the question .
Old 05-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

yyhayyim - No tricks...just build it. We have really good oiled bearings (not greased). On other cars you have to get this grease out to make the car free but not on Schumacher cars.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by exint2
where did PW get those rose joints that he's using for the rear hub carrier - and why has he fitted them rather than the rpm ballcus he'sused elsewhere?
Those are Serpent rod ends from the 720 nitro sedan he used to run. They let him raise the outer ball a lot if he chooses to do so.

I prefer the stock Schumacher Ball Grippas. They are the strongest ball cup on earth. If you want to tightern them up place a poly bag over the ball and snap the cup on. It will cut a disc and push it on the ball cup. Experiment with bag thicknesses to get the fit you want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.