Search
Like Tree653Likes

Schumacher MI9

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
I’m curious as to why you are starting with the krazed chassis and not trying the Schumacher just to get a base line feel.
Ive run the 7 and 8 on stock decks in the past to do that.
Theres a lot of locals to me running the stock decks right now so jumping straight to the Krazed is a good way to see the comparisons.

Plus the 9 chassis is the same as the HGT and the Krazed chassis worked well before we got the 9's suspension.
Im always late to the 'first one out' scene but I listen/look/read to everything thats out there.
I feel pretty confident the Krazed will benefit the car in some important areas.

Marcos.J and h2e like this.
Old 06-28-2024, 09:56 AM
Tech Initiate

In response to the body dimension pics. Yes, thanks, those pictures help. The post are 3.5mm from the rear tires (129mm is the measurement from outside to outside). You can't get any wider. That is important when choosing a body.
Old Yesterday, 04:33 AM
Won
Tech Rookie

So, yesterday's test is done.
I saw the potential but still, had many things to do to get close to my Xray X4 '24.
So my first question is how to mount a motor fan. I don't see any part number or instruction to mount the fan.

And the second question is why there is no prepositioned spot for Schumacher U8774 Brass Circular Weights - 10g on their alloy chassis.
Clearly, the car's left side where you put all electronic equipment is heavier than the right side where you put the battery.
The only spots I can see on the chassis are mostly in the middle.
The kit setup was very edgy and hard to drive so I need to find out how to make it easy to drive without losing the cornering speed.
My local track is high grip black carpet and one thing I changed is the rear toe-in degree which was 2 degrees(kit setup is 3 I guess)
Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Won

So my first question is how to mount a motor fan. I don't see any part number or instruction to mount the fan.

And the second question is why there is no prepositioned spot for Schumacher U8774 Brass Circular Weights - 10g on their alloy chassis.
Clearly, the car's left side where you put all electronic equipment is heavier than the right side where you put the battery.
The only spots I can see on the chassis are mostly in the middle.
The kit setup was very edgy and hard to drive so I need to find out how to make it easy to drive without losing the cornering speed.
My local track is high grip black carpet and one thing I changed is the rear toe-in degree which was 2 degrees(kit setup is 3 I guess)
Double sided tape - Ive been doing it for years with no problems.

There are spots for the weights. in the rear but they lost them in the front to gain the flex pockets.
Just gonna have to double side tape them. Clean surface and Gorilla tape or 3M, itll hold.

Did you use the kit setup at 360 or what setup did you use?
Marcos.J, gigaplex and Won like this.
Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM
Won
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the answer. and yes except for the rear toe-in. I changed it to 2 degrees. I believe the kit setup must be 3.
Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Currently building... Everything is nice a well done so far. Only dislike is the spur mount, m3's woulda been nice even if the supplied screwed are "shouldered"

Question about the (FRP? wtf?!?) top-deck/dowel bush. One is more than perfectly free, the other one doesn't swivel in the top deck hole... I assume they are both supposed to be 100% free moving, there's a reason why the inserts are thicker the than decks right?

Thank you!

Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lonestar
Currently building... Everything is nice a well done so far. Only dislike is the spur mount, m3's woulda been nice even if the supplied screwed are "shouldered"

Question about the (FRP? wtf?!?) top-deck/dowel bush. One is more than perfectly free, the other one doesn't swivel in the top deck hole... I assume they are both supposed to be 100% free moving, there's a reason why the inserts are thicker the than decks right?

Thank you!

Spur screws haven't changed since the 7. With everyone's push for low CG I'm sure 3mm would have people complaining more.

The inserts are only taller then the G10 top decks that are 1.5.
Slightly taller then the 2.0 decks.

You can just use a razor blade to open the hole up and move freely. It's just tool wear or dust from the cut they didn't clear out.
Lonestar likes this.
Old Today, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robbob
Spur screws haven't changed since the 7. With everyone's push for low CG I'm sure 3mm would have people complaining more.

The inserts are only taller then the G10 top decks that are 1.5.
Slightly taller then the 2.0 decks.

You can just use a razor blade to open the hole up and move freely. It's just tool wear or dust from the cut they didn't clear out.
Thanks, I will do that.

Old Today, 05:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool

The Schumacher MI9 RC Car has impressive performance and precision, making it a solid choice for serious RC racers.