Fantom EP 4WD EXT 1/12th scale pan car kit
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Old 04-23-2020, 02:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

What a time to be alive
Old 04-23-2020, 11:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Remember when it first came out. It was not legal(4 wheel drive), But it was allowed to run in one of the big races in Altanta, Ga. Big Jim Greenmyer ran it. Back then we had 1200 Sanyos and it never finished a 8 minute race. Big Jim was running modified. That was the last time I ever saw one. With the batteries today it should have no problem except 1/12th does not have a class for 4wheel drive cars.
The race was sponsored for several years by Bolink called the Spring Championships. Back then there was NO ROAR Nationals or any other Nationals at that time.The other big races back then was the Red Lobster race in Melbourne ,Fla Every Febuary there was the Winter Champs in Orlando (1/8 gas and 1/12th ) on International drive. That's enough history for now.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Remember when it first came out. It was not legal(4 wheel drive), But it was allowed to run in one of the big races in Altanta, Ga. Big Jim Greenmyer ran it. Back then we had 1200 Sanyos and it never finished a 8 minute race. Big Jim was running modified. That was the last time I ever saw one. With the batteries today it should have no problem except 1/12th does not have a class for 4wheel drive cars.
The race was sponsored for several years by Bolink called the Spring Championships. Back then there was NO ROAR Nationals or any other Nationals at that time.The other big races back then was the Red Lobster race in Melbourne ,Fla Every Febuary there was the Winter Champs in Orlando (1/8 gas and 1/12th ) on International drive. That's enough history for now.
Awesome, thanks for sharing, I hadn't heard BJ's name for quite a while!
Fran likes this.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Way way way back in the day when we used to have run-what-ya-brung Saturday races out in the dusty parking lot behind the hobby shop, a guy showed up with one of those chain drive 4wd 1/12th scales one day and he kicked everybody’s ass with it. Never saw him (or it) again.
Mitamiya and Ted Su(TW) like this.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I cannot wait to see what happens when I put a 2s battery and 21.5 motor in this thing ..
Old 04-25-2020, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BullFrog
With the batteries today it should have no problem except 1/12th does not have a class for 4wheel drive cars.
That's a ROAR specific rule, the rest of the world allows 4wd and independent suspension in 1/12th. There just hasn't been a competitive car that isn't solid rear axle built since the 80s. Even at worlds level the only restriction is that the car fits the spec wheels, which could limit it's options.
purplerain likes this.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

Definitely going to get one......
Old 04-25-2020, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I had one of the originals, way way back in the day.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There was an 4 wheel suppension !/12th car in the early 1980's . I not sure of the name(AB hobby?) but I had one. Wasn't any good and not legal to run as everyone followed ROAR rules. If the 4 wheel independent 12th are legal they were not at the IFMAR worlds this year. You have 2 new 1/12ths coming out and they are solid axle cars. The Kyosho car is very simple and with todays stuff would be fun to drive but it's not a legal class.

Last edited by BullFrog; 04-26-2020 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default This rere doesn’t make sense

Kyosho will doom themselves with this rere... poor choice of rere... who wants to buy a noisy pan car that has a chain that keep dropping off?

pan cars are about speed, and this isn’t fast

and they already had the spada which some people turned into ep... and still didn’t sell so well.

if anything, people might buy purely as a shelfer...
Old 04-26-2020, 04:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

foampervert, one of the most popular classes in RC right now is EURO Truck. Not very fast, kinda noisy and not something you would think a lot of people would buy....but they do! I think this could catch on and be another class like that. I will get one just because as a kid I didn't have the means to get one then and they look cool.
Mitamiya and creflo like this.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foampervert
Kyosho will doom themselves with this rere... poor choice of rere... who wants to buy a noisy pan car that has a chain that keep dropping off?

and they already had the spada which some people turned into ep... and still didn’t sell so well.

Pretty sure they'll work through the flaws and solve them like they have with the rest of the re-re kits they've put out.

No one is seriously considering running these as a regular. This is a "bring out during the lunch or dinner break during the meet for a spin" type of car.

On that basis I'm sure it'll sell well.
Lonestar likes this.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foampervert

The original cars are highly valued, mostly due to their weirdness/novelty and having disappeared quickly. Most will probably end up on a shelf as you imagine, but I guarantee they will sell them.
Nerobro, NutDriver and creflo like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.