Search
Like Tree311Likes

UF1 is Back In SoCal!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default UF1 is Back In SoCal!

That's right - UF1 is back! The series return will feature 7 races starting in September 2018 and ending in April 2019. Here's the schedule with dates and locations:

R1: Sept 16, 2018 - Australian GP - TQ RC Racing
R2: Oct 14 - Chinese GP - Cal Raceway
R3: Nov 11 - Spanish GP - TQ RC Racing
December Winter Break
R4: Jan 13, 2019 - Canadian GP - Cal Raceway
R5: Feb 10 - GP De France - TQ RC Racing
R6: Mar 10 - Japanese GP - Cal Raceway
R7: Apr 7 - United States GP - TQ RC Racing

Full schedule here with map and up-to-the-minute weather report: 2018 / 2019 UF1 Winter Calendar UF1 RC - Formula 1 RC Racing

There will also be an F1 and F2 class - more on that in the next couple of days!

Some other helpful links you'll want to check out:
Rules: UF1 Rules and Regulations UF1 RC - Formula 1 RC Racing
Chassis Guide: F1 Chassis Choices UF1 RC - Formula 1 RC Racing
Chassis Setups: Chassis Setups UF1 RC - Formula 1 RC Racing

Stay tuned for more info - also please make sure you sign up for our mailing list to help keep you up to date on race results, series info or changes. Mailing list sign up form is in the right hand sidebar of the home page - UF1 - Ultimate F1 - RC Formula 1 Racing.
MikeR, jgroenhof, KenGerb and 4 others like this.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

That's good news!
Old 06-20-2018, 02:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Nice!
Like the idea of F1 and F2. 25.5 is so slow, now you have a good sportsmen class for it.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Its cool, would be nice if there was a spec tire for the carpet and another one for asphalt. Would also be cool to see something like two Amains where you have to run one set of softs & one set of hards a main instead of a pit stop for a just a sticker
Old 06-21-2018, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GT CRUSING
Its cool, would be nice if there was a spec tire for the carpet and another one for asphalt. Would also be cool to see something like two Amains where you have to run one set of softs & one set of hards a main instead of a pit stop for a just a sticker
We had quite a few ideas to push at the revival of the UF1 Series (including the hard/soft set of tires idea), but honestly I just wanted to get the first season back up and running. We have some cool ideas for next season though!
Old 06-21-2018, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Yay!!! May have to dust off my f1 for this.
TPhalen likes this.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by littleZEN
Yay!!! May have to dust off my f1 for this.
Be good to see you back out there!
Old 06-21-2018, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GT CRUSING

IMHO I say just do away with the pit stops. After a few years of UF1 I realized the pits just confused the running order and no one knew who they were racing for position with so the races never felt like races until maybe the last few laps. Unlike F1, which needs pits to fabricate position changes, Rc cars can generate real passes for position which is more exciting in the end

Any way, looking forward to the new UF1 season!
Old 06-21-2018, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's great news---looking forward to running in it!!

So based on the rules I"m seeing --F-1 is 21.5 and F-2 is 25.5?

F-1 is 15 minutes w two pits and F-1 is 10 minutes w 1 pit? Other than that--no other differences??
Old 06-21-2018, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeR
IMHO I say just do away with the pit stops. After a few years of UF1 I realized the pits just confused the running order and no one knew who they were racing for position with so the races never felt like races until maybe the last few laps. Unlike F1, which needs pits to fabricate position changes, Rc cars can generate real passes for position which is more exciting in the end

Any way, looking forward to the new UF1 season!
Well, alot of guys use the pit stops to help with traffic, so it does get used in much the same way as real F1.
Thunderbunny likes this.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
That's great news---looking forward to running in it!!

So based on the rules I"m seeing --F-1 is 21.5 and F-2 is 25.5?

F-1 is 15 minutes w two pits and F-1 is 10 minutes w 1 pit? Other than that--no other differences??
Yes, F1 is 21.5, F2 is 25.5.

Yes, F1 is 15 minutes races with 2 pit stops, F2 is 10 minutes races with 1 pit stop.

I working on a video right now that goes over the rules - should be ready here soon.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TPhalen
Well, alot of guys use the pit stops to help with traffic, so it does get used in much the same way as real F1.
True but I mean when I'm near any other cars I don't know if we are battling for position or not because of the pitting. Are they a lap down or am I? Am I a good sport and let them by like in touring car or do I say I'm not letting any one by because I don't know my position and visa versa?
I know I'm not explaining it well but the point is the pitting just confused the running order and no one knew who they were racing for position with. It felt like practice laps (boring) except for the last few minutes if that makes sense.
Tim Neja likes this.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TPhalen
Yes, F1 is 21.5, F2 is 25.5.

Yes, F1 is 15 minutes races with 2 pit stops, F2 is 10 minutes races with 1 pit stop.

I working on a video right now that goes over the rules - should be ready here soon.
21.5 sounds like a whole lotta fun though 25.5 might produce better lap times We can still run 25.5 in the F1 class right?
Jack Kloeber likes this.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

We can still run 25.5 in the F1 class right?
Absolutely!!
Old 06-21-2018, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

True but I mean when I'm near any other cars I don't know if we are battling for position or not because of the pitting. Are they a lap down or am I? Am I a good sport and let them by like in touring car or do I say I'm not letting any one by because I don't know my position and visa versa?
I know I'm not explaining it well but the point is the pitting just confused the running order and no one knew who they were racing for position with. It felt like practice laps (boring) except for the last few minutes if that makes sense.
That's true in real F1 too, the only difference there is that they have a team of people talking to the driver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.