Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TRF211XM

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am driving the 201XMW at the moment. I have a 211XM but I plan to build it up for next year's indoor season. But I have been driving 201s of all types for 5+ years and I won't try something else. Other drivers have let me drive their B5s and 22s;I don't really notice a difference. If set them up properly, any brand will work just fine. But, for me, it's all about the highest quality and being different from the rest of the pack. And without a doubt in my mind, Tamiya is quality. But you will pay a premium for that so be aware. There are ways to help alleviate the higher cost of owning Tamiya cars but it takes research and patience. And typically the resale value is terrible so I wouldn't recommend this route if you are known to jump around alot.

I don't regret it one bit. I catch a lot of jabs for being different at the track, but now it's become fun banter.

Hopefully, this helps but if you want to know if the car is capable of competition; yes, it is.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I guess I just wanted a front carbon shock stay, to match the rear shock stay.

As for the kit, I've found the front wheels required for the 211XM, but which rear wheels do I need for running the stock setup without hexes?
Old 04-04-2016, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tps3443

As for the kit, I've found the front wheels required for the 211XM, but which rear wheels do I need for running the stock setup without hexes?
Well, here is one: http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...h-wheels-54664 , & here's another: http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...bb-arb/p215061
Old 04-04-2016, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tps3443

Take it from me, if you are buying this brand new for the first time. ....NOW is the time to use rear hex wheels.I made the mistake of using the rear pin wheels. Then I bought my son a Kyosho. The other son and daughter got a TC02. They were able to swap out rear wheels/tires without hesitation. By that time I had a few sets for my Tamiya but was unable to easily use the hex sets when I went racing alone. About a year ago, I put my original 201 in the 17.5 class and it is using the remaining pin wheels and tires until I wear them out. Then I will convert it to hex like my 201XMW and db01.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ob1n
Take it from me, if you are buying this brand new for the first time. ....NOW is the time to use rear hex wheels.I made the mistake of using the rear pin wheels. Then I bought my son a Kyosho. The other son and daughter got a TC02. They were able to swap out rear wheels/tires without hesitation. By that time I had a few sets for my Tamiya but was unable to easily use the hex sets when I went racing alone. About a year ago, I put my original 201 in the 17.5 class and it is using the remaining pin wheels and tires until I wear them out. Then I will convert it to hex like my 201XMW and db01.
I did it the same way, kept using the pin wheels I had until the tires on them wore out, then I made the switch to hexes, & it makes things SO much easier, especially if I don't have the tires I need & a buddy is willing to loan me a set(& EVERYONE else here uses hexes)....
Old 08-13-2016, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Bringing this back to see if any of you are still racing this car versus the current laydown transmission cars and how you are doing.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CTRJ
Bringing this back to see if any of you are still racing this car versus the current laydown transmission cars and how you are doing.
The Tamiya offroad community on Facebook seems to have taken the attention away from this forum.

As for your question, I haven't raced in a while because summer has been busy. But I have plans to get back to using my original 201 in Stock class and the 211XM in modified this winter
Old 08-14-2016, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

I did up until a few weeks ago, when I won an Associated B5m Factory Lite in a raffle, & since I didn't have much to do, I went ahead & built it. And I have to admit, while I don't think it accelerates any better(& it's DEFNITELY not lighter than my 211XM, with the same battery & electronics it weighs about 1530g, while my 211 without any extra weights is about 1470g), it does handle every bit as well, & may even feel more consistent than my 211. For dirt, I'm thinking I'll keep using the B5m, but reserve the 211XM for carpet & backup duty....
Old 08-14-2016, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
I did up until a few weeks ago, when I won an Associated B5m Factory Lite in a raffle, & since I didn't have much to do, I went ahead & built it. And I have to admit, while I don't think it accelerates any better(& it's DEFNITELY not lighter than my 211XM, with the same battery & electronics it weighs about 1530g, while my 211 without any extra weights is about 1470g), it does handle every bit as well, & may even feel more consistent than my 211. For dirt, I'm thinking I'll keep using the B5m, but reserve the 211XM for carpet & backup duty....
The weight factor is the exact reason why I went from driving a 211XM back to the 201XMW. I feel more consistent with the "older" version than the new 211XM while on dirt. If I were to go carpet racing, I have been thinking about utilizing the 211XM sitting in the storage drawer with a gear diff based upon what I have been reading from everyone else.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:24 PM
Tech Initiate

i still racing 211xm
in europe have many dirt tracks, low to high grip

i run shorty, with 55g under battery, B5 front arms (stiffer than original) and Bmax front with hex.
overal very balanced car, easy to drive anywhere
Old 09-27-2022, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

I can't get hold of the proper spring kits for the big bores that come with the 211XM - can anyone recommend a kit from an alternative manufacturer with a part number of poss?

Many thanks!
Old 09-27-2022, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuggyFan21
I can't get hold of the proper spring kits for the big bores that come with the 211XM - can anyone recommend a kit from an alternative manufacturer with a part number of poss?

Many thanks!
Found some fronts.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134093114611
Old 10-22-2022, 05:58 AM
Tech Rookie

They're most often prices above Kysho, Yokomo and frankly every off-road car out there but with little support behind the products.