Search
Like Tree28Likes

TLR 22-4 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 071crazy
I think you'd rather have an a-arm break than a more expensive part. Besides, we are running hotter motors and on higher bite surfaces than 10+ years ago. Something has to give.
Originally Posted by gticlay
Originally Posted by DHOWELL
I totally agree. My Lazer ZX-R in my avatar is from about 1993 and I bet it cost $700+ to get everything needed to race it, not including electronics or batteries. We had to buy the basic kit, then replace most of the screws with different non phillips head screws. Then there were all these special aluminum team parts, plus rims were expensive OH, and you had to buy Associated shocks, springs, etc. Plus belts sucked back then so we would put new ones on pretty often. Modern 4wd cars ROCK compared to before. The only thing I don't get is why the A-arms on most of them break so easily. I don't remember that happening as often before the XX4 came out...
Exactly! Upgrade galore, and constantly...

IMO, it was development in the composites used for the plastics of the cars.. around the era of the xx4, was a push for stiffer/ridge plastics for susp, to increase consistent handling & light-weight. Not many racers, today, remember the old squeal of "Holding, Waiting, Dumping" from the drivers stand, as ESC's sucked juice from out 1800mAh SCR pack, before the 4min heat! hahaha.. every gram counted!

Today, weight isn't as much of an issue; the plastics are ridged w/o being as brittle, & better to deal with the power of todays electronics..

So, with the 22-4.. you are basically fully upgraded out of the box, with extremely great Team Support!
Old 01-17-2014, 01:25 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vicdamone11
+1!!!! Great support love it.

I'm so stoked about this car.
Let's get back on topic. I ran my xx4 21/22mm ride height. It just liked it. Do you guys think the new car will like this too. Or will it need to stay level.
I've been running 23mm front and 22mm rear.

Originally Posted by toughtrax
I wonder if the 22-4 body will fit on the xx-4? wouldn't mind having a new and old gen kits looking good.
It won't the 22-4 is quite a bit longer.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dale.0
Dude, your going to whine about $40? If you don't like the price if the car, don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything.
Post of the day..

My car is preordered....
My sway bar kit is preordered...
My aluminum option parts are in the kit....

They are not trying to "cheap it out"....seriously....

Anyone has the right to complain on the internet....but there is also a way to state your opinion in a professional or classy manner. Not sure if any of the fellows that could use a little lesson on that would really use the same tone in a face-to-face discussion....funny what keyboards do for making the statements come out as harsh I suppose....I'm sure they didn't really mean rip-off like it sounded on this forum when I read it....or I can hope.

My hat's off to Losi for making quality products at any price and offering great customer service to match.....if the price is too high for some...fine with me...I get what I pay for and I'm very pleased. Nice work TLR.

I can't wait to build and race this one...
Old 01-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by braderb
A big thanks to the TLR crew for keeping all of us up-to-date. I think we will hit the 100+ post mark before the buggy hits the shelves.

A special thanks to drepus. He took the time to return my many pm's. I was on the fence with Losi vs TA. He also took the time to assist me on improving my SCTE. Support makes a huge difference. Really appreciate questions getting returned.

Dave (drepus) made this a no brainer in the end.

Cheers

Brad
glad to help as much as I can!
Old 01-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I googled the definition of customer service today and it sent me to tlracing.com id say thats legit! Love me some TLR
Old 01-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

are they on the big brown truck yet
Old 01-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If Dakotah says he does't run sway bars on the 22-4, then I'm thinking you probably don't need them to run lightning bolt fast laps....watch out, TLR 22-4 is coming for you...LOL!
Old 01-17-2014, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 071crazy
I think you'd rather have an a-arm break than a more expensive part. Besides, we are running hotter motors and on higher bite surfaces than 10+ years ago. Something has to give.
I don't think the current tracks are really higher bite than Hobby Haven or Radio Controlled Hobbies was. Besides, there have been the euro carpet tracks forever...
Old 01-17-2014, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Also, I just looked in the RCCA Feb 1992 issue and the Lazer ZX-R was 399.95 so the 22-4 is a downright steal with all the awesome parts it comes with stock.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

There are a lot of great posts, a lot of anxious people, and just a few folks who may not be happy with a companies decision. That is simply the name of the game. A lot of folks simply do not understand the Supply Chain process, how many and complex decisions can be when releasing a new product, replacement parts, and option parts. I guarantee there was tremendous amount time, energy, and thought that went into this product and what level of components to provide standard. Simply put, this is not an easy task.

- I received confirmation, mine is in route.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had my LHS order me what he called a "support kit" for the 22-4 with my kit. He said that it comes with most of the spares that you should have with you when racing the car.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Having been in RC off and on since 90' and also a business owner - the cost of most RC kits are reasonably priced for the effort, engineering and support that goes into them. I had as much in my original Alum pan RC10 in 1990 once it was turned into a true race car. Not saying its cheap - but there is only one form of racin that's cheaper besides possibly entry level go karts.... Running, pair o shoes and go.

This was my favorite class in the xxx-4 days but has been all but dead, can't wait to order this car
Old 01-18-2014, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nick@Jet
Having been in RC off and on since 90' and also a business owner - the cost of most RC kits are reasonably priced for the effort, engineering and support that goes into them. I had as much in my original Alum pan RC10 in 1990 once it was turned into a true race car. Not saying its cheap - but there is only one form of racin that's cheaper besides possibly entry level go karts.... Running, pair o shoes and go.

This was my favorite class in the xxx-4 days but has been all but dead, can't wait to order this car
LOL..."Running, pair o shoes and go" hahaha
So true!
Old 01-18-2014, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nick@Jet

I don't know about that. Good pair of running shoes will cost you $200.....LOL!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:50 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default 22-4 Pre-Order Roll Call!!

Okay guys, I just want to see a quick roll call of who already has a 22-4 on pre-order?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.