Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree28Likes

TLR 22-4 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Is there some sort of servo saver built in to the steering, or should i get one? I noticed the build seem to have the servo horn directly on the servo.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lynx75
Hi TLR guys, please share the video to break-in diffs and set-up the splipper on our 22-4 please.

Awaiting for that....

thanks
as a baseline, tighten the slipper nut down until it is flush with the end of the shaft. from there is should only be very very small adjustment.

check the TLR Youtube channel for their 22 diff break in video with Matt Castelano. you use the same steps for the 22-4 diffs.

start at the 9 minute mark for break in method.... this will help build diffs that last a long time and work for a while with little maintenance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EToj2yX76NU
Old 02-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reconAxiom
Is there some sort of servo saver built in to the steering, or should i get one? I noticed the build seem to have the servo horn directly on the servo.

No saver just use a high quality servo.
I use SAVOX 1258TG in all my buggies NO servo savers
Old 02-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Went to change my broken and arm and discovered I only had a half of a hinge pin. This blows. They appear to be out of stock at horizon and the only set I could find was eBay. $17.99 plus shipping and HOPING it's here by Wednesday. I would think that an SCTE style pin would work with e-clips or nuts on either end instead, something similar to the make shift pins some guys are making.

Edit: just pulled the pins out of 22T. Same thing it appears. Just ordered 5 sets of them on eBay. Part number TLR6079. Couldn't find them on horizons website tho, maybe gonna be discontinued??

Last edited by 87MagnumII; 02-09-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
Went to change my broken and arm and discovered I only had a half of a hinge pin. This blows. They appear to be out of stock at horizon and the only set I could find was eBay. $17.99 plus shipping and HOPING it's here by Wednesday. I would think that an SCTE style pin would work with e-clips or nuts on either end instead, something similar to the make shift pins some guys are making
There are a couple of solutions to our problem. Read back through the last 4 or pages of the forum and you'll find what others are doing for a fix around. Make sure to take out the grub screws.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I opted for the TLR233002 TiCN shock shafts. Put fresh set of arms on there too. I used spare 3mm lock nuts. Loctite them on good then used the cutting wheel to get the length right. Looks clean, hopefully this will work.
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22-4 THREAD-image.jpg  
Old 02-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

My question is when will gear diff be available for the car?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beau S
Were you running a locked clicker (full time 4wd), & ever looked at diff/belts/pulleys b/t pack 1 & 36?

How do the other belts & pulleys look?
No inspections prior. I made a post earlier that I would see how long it took for one to break. I am running a locked clicker with a 7.5 in blinky with a 13mm rotor. Its not to hot pretty tame actually. I think I will back off the slipper some and throw the 5.5 in if I need more launch. I think the slippers a bit tight due to the 7.5 motor, I wanted more launch. Inspecting the pad I can tell the slipper was tight with minimum wear on it. Rear belt was fine but the center belt was dark. Probably from the spur and pinion?

In all.. I think I had the slipper to tight and may have been able to get more wear out of it. On power I doubt it hurts really, its on braking they get hit pretty hard. I do however run my brakes pretty soft. the slipper is a bit tricky been its not visible.

So round 2 I will loosen the slipper and throw a bit more motor at it if needed. I rebuilt the diffs and put a complete new set of belts on it. For sure the rear belt was still great. The center was iffy (due to the darkness) so I will use those up later. The stock belt settings are fine both center and rear belts were still snug. Not even a fray in either one. Inspecting the broken belt I could see strands of what were wire or Kevlar? So the belts look pretty tough.

Now be prepared for the task of getting to the belts. I was having flash backs from the XX4 days..LOL. It was a bummer till I started putting it back together. Zipp and done. Tear down was slow but next time I will have it down on how and what to do so its not that bad at all. I use a small battery drill and makes it less stressful though. I studied the manual and kept it handy for putting it back together. It was clean as a whistle in the belt compartments so they are sealed real well.

Personally I would't mind a belt a month this kit is dialed..... And I have to get in there and work on the diffs every 4 weeks or so any way.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
My question is when will gear diff be available for the car?
I asked before and they said most likely never because there isn't enough room for a gear diff in the small transmission case.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

they new do an on road gear diff
Old 02-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default RSX Layout

22-4 RSX Layout 2 by JBell_91, on Flickr

22-4 RSX Layout by JBell_91, on Flickr
Old 02-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlderBoy
I asked before and they said most likely never because there isn't enough room for a gear diff in the small transmission case.
Sad face. I will still be hoping for gear diffs.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Nice video of JR Mitch (the 22-4) winning the JConcepts Winter Indoor race today
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah no ball diffs was a big turn off for me too. Kit looks sweet just not for me. I was hope ing for a mini scte oh well
Old 02-10-2014, 01:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

This happened last night from rolling after I landed the buggy a little bit too far off the jump

I hope this is not another issue with the material. First I thought I broke the rim but when the marshal pick up pieces of what left, it appear to be the tip of the drive shaft where thread are being cut for the wheel lock nut. I'm a bit frustrate now that I have to order drive shaft set from Amain again and hopefully the shipment will arive before Sunday because I have a race to attend and I really don't want to miss running my Losi on this race. Hate to have to run Durango for our first race of this season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.