Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree28Likes

TLR 22-4 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 04:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Where can I find an Orion 5.5t motor ORI28257? Cannot find it anywhere. Called Horizon and Amain, but no one there could help me because the part number was not showing anything.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Casper???!!!!!!! ( or anyone else) When I built mine this week I'm having an issue with the kit shock caps leaking. Used all kit parts O rings and such. When cycling the pistons I still get residual fluid to seep out. Do the team Drivers use the cut shock diaphram/ O rings to sovle this? That what Im debating to do. The kit Oring for the cap just doesnt appear to be thick and large enough for the cap.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freebird
Casper???!!!!!!! ( or anyone else) When I built mine this week I'm having an issue with the kit shock caps leaking. Used all kit parts O rings and such. When cycling the pistons I still get residual fluid to seep out. Do the team Drivers use the cut shock diaphram/ O rings to sovle this? That what Im debating to do. The kit Oring for the cap just doesnt appear to be thick and large enough for the cap.
Did you install the o ring at the bottom below the threads? Maybe it got torn? Manual is deceiving it does not sit on top of the shock body!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1badgoat
Got to watch you bump on live rc, that was awesome.
Thanks. It was a ton of fun. I finally got into a rhythm and was having a great time making my way through the fields. I bumped up to about where I expected to be but I will admit this was way more fun!

Originally Posted by freebird
Yeah you should have an o-ring that stretched over the cap threads on the shock body. This will seal the cap at the base of the treads. Never had an issue at all with the caps sealing there. The cut bladders will eventually suck into the body of the shock after a few uses.

The cap ring should go on like explained in this blog post.
http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2012/...p-o-rings.html
Old 01-30-2014, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

First run with mine last night. Small, bumpy, med/low bite track. Kit setup was too stiff on oil. Went down to 25 rear, 27.5 front. Changed the front pistons to 3 hole 1.4. Yellow rear sway bar and the Phend front camber setup. Car felt okay, still had a problem with the car wanting to barrel roll after dowsiding into 45's to180's. Installed the clicker and the car came to life! I think it was the drag of the front end full time drive that caused that issue.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Verity
Where can I find an Orion 5.5t motor ORI28257? Cannot find it anywhere. Called Horizon and Amain, but no one there could help me because the part number was not showing anything.

I found this one on eBay and bought it
http://m.ebay.com/itm/300955989601?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

It's a v1, but hey, it was only $80, NIP!
Old 01-30-2014, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I've crashed the ish out of mine already.
That's how I roll.
10 to 12 packs thru it and one broken part.
A front arm BUT I did try to put it into an end of a PVC pipe.
It didn't fit even at full speed.
Only one arm?
No broken tower?
No bent hinge pins?
No broken bulkhead?
It's pretty damn tough.
I to crashed the crap out of mine and broke only the front right arm, so I thought. Wnet to go replace it and found out the hing pin snapped in half where it is milled out for the set screw. Be careful. Lucky for me i stole one from my 22-sct that has been sitting for 2 months. Ordering replacments now but to bad they dont sell them seperate.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Smile

Originally Posted by Casper
Thanks. It was a ton of fun. I finally got into a rhythm and was having a great time making my way through the fields. I bumped up to about where I expected to be but I will admit this was way more fun!

Yeah you should have an o-ring that stretched over the cap threads on the shock body. This will seal the cap at the base of the treads. Never had an issue at all with the caps sealing there. The cut bladders will eventually suck into the body of the shock after a few uses.

The cap ring should go on like explained in this blog post.
http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2012/...p-o-rings.html
ooops my bad. I installed in the tops of the caps. I will relocate tho the shock bodies and all should be good.

Thanks all.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:26 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZEe_NYC
It's the same oil, just packaged for the kits, so no fancy labeling. Get real, people.
The kit oil is from overseas, the Losi and/or TLR certified oil is from the US and tested consistently in house.

Originally Posted by Mxer59
Are spektrum servos 25t or 23t?
23T

Originally Posted by FPMX772
What is everyone running for ride height? Has anyone tried moving the left side battery to the forward position?
I am running 22 front 22 rear.

Originally Posted by Team Verity
These aren't available in the US yet. The Vortex Pro and VST 5.5T motors barely sold at all, so when the Orion VST2 Pros were brought in, the 5.5T was not. It is in the process of getting added to the line up, but will likely be a few months.

The Dynamite DPS 5.5T is working great for many of the guys on our team as they weight for Orion Motors.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

stock kit oil is 32.5 right?
Old 01-30-2014, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
stock kit oil is 32.5 right?
Yes
Old 01-30-2014, 09:16 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by FPMX772
What is everyone running for ride height? Has anyone tried moving the left side battery to the forward position?
Ride height 19mm front and 23mm rear with the body on. I also run the left side of the saddle pack battery forward.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I started with the Dunford set up. I really like the car. Really easy to drive. But I have a bad push. We run on a slick wet clay tight track. Im getting killed in the tight 180's. Any suggestions?
Old 01-30-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dakotah Phend
Ride height 19mm front and 23mm rear with the body on. I also run the left side of the saddle pack battery forward.
What is the advantage and affect of moving the battery forward. That just happens to be where I located the capcitors for my orion esc.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root

These aren't available in the US yet. The Vortex Pro and VST 5.5T motors barely sold at all, so when the Orion VST2 Pros were brought in, the 5.5T was not. It is in the process of getting added to the line up, but will likely be a few months.

The Dynamite DPS 5.5T is working great for many of the guys on our team as they weight for Orion Motors.
Thanks, I was beginning to think that, as it clearly shows the motors only on Team Orions page. No one I talked to here in the US had any clue of what I was talking about and insisted they did not make one. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.