Search
Like Tree28Likes

TLR 22-4 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 03:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Mellin
I answered his post a little while ago. It was simply the wrong pulley in the kit.

Btw, it's a rear pulley with the sonic welded flange missing.
Thank you Mike

I called Horizon and sent an email exactly the way I was told to with pics, I just hope I can get the pulley sent to me this week, Friday night practice then the winter point series starts Sunday. Hopefully I get the call back from the guy from Horizon today.

Last edited by Durocken; 01-28-2014 at 04:33 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Question, Slipper thrust bearing.... Any light amount of lube? Wasn't called out on the manual.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:33 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

no lube...
Old 01-28-2014, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by canbarelyhover
Hi. Have you gotten a chance to see if the R614fs or R603fs fits?
Man I was not successful putting the R603 in my car. I think you can get it to fit on the left side where the ESC goes if you play around with the position of the ESC but I didnt want to put both on the left side of the car.

I did buy a R614 and it fits. I had to stand it up on its end with the antenna face up and I stuck it to the side of the servo. Its a tight fit but it finally cleared the body. I will take a picture of it tonight when I get off work.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6cj
The shape of that body makes a wonderful codpeice too.

Lmao!!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JasonR/C
pondered this just now.... in regards to 1/10 scale

TLR is 2 for 2 on exceptional kits (22 2.0 and 22-4)

TLR is zero for 2 on kit release bodies. Thank god for aftermarket and the smarter people at TLR who come out with better bodies later on.

by the way. the stock 22 2.0 body does wonders for holding my door open thanks
Are any other bodies currently available for the 22-4?
Old 01-28-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

is there metal wheel hexs?
Old 01-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mystic
Hello, I am looking for some guidance on the clicker or full time 4wd settings for the front end. I mainly run on an out door - med bite track blue grooved mostly warm out ..... Would you recommend the front clicker set up or running locked down ? Also, I see some mention of certain peoples setup's , I did not see any setup sheets on the website, are they on here somewhere ? I am running the base setup right now and it felt pretty good, however I just want to see what some of the Pro drivers are using as a comparison
For high traction type surfaces, I would recommend the full time 4wd. When you get into looser terrain that is when the clicker comes in super handy.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kmh038
Man I was not successful putting the R603 in my car. I think you can get it to fit on the left side where the ESC goes if you play around with the position of the ESC but I didnt want to put both on the left side of the car.

I did buy a R614 and it fits. I had to stand it up on its end with the antenna face up and I stuck it to the side of the servo. Its a tight fit but it finally cleared the body. I will take a picture of it tonight when I get off work.
If you are running a large receiver, I would recommend mounting it to the side of the servo. Plenty of room there and then the wires have room inside the body as well.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Never ran the XX-4 in the past, so noob wheeler question.

Just finished the chassis build, moving on to the diff and trying to get some starting references. I locked the clicker (it is tightened all the way down) and for now have the slipper tightened all the way down. How many turns should I back off for a good starting point while still on the bench?

Second, is same question for diffs. How tight do you guys run the diffs? This is just for a starting reference before I hit the track and break-in the diffs. I follow Matt Castellano's video for my diff builds. I think I have both front and rear diffs pretty tight, or do you tighten them just enough until the outdrives begin to spin in opposite directions. They are spinning as they should, but there is a bit of resistance.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gijoe64
Chris, I will help you setting the slipper bring it to the track this weekend.
Thanks Ray I will be there!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JourneyMan
Never ran the XX-4 in the past, so noob wheeler question.

Just finished the chassis build, moving on to the diff and trying to get some starting references. I locked the clicker (it is tightened all the way down) and for now have the slipper tightened all the way down. How many turns should I back off for a good starting point while still on the bench?

Second, is same question for diffs. How tight do you guys run the diffs? This is just for a starting reference before I hit the track and break-in the diffs. I follow Matt Castellano's video for my diff builds. I think I have both front and rear diffs pretty tight, or do you tighten them just enough until the outdrives begin to spin in opposite directions. They are spinning as they should, but there is a bit of resistance.
"Locking things down" does work for some things but not for others. Take a ball diff for instance, the worst thing you can ever do is tighten it all the way down and back it off some. You will push the balls right into the diff rings and make it terrible from the get go. If you are running a clicker or locking out the clicker, that can be and should be tightened all the way down making sure the teeth on the clicker are fully seated. As for the slipper and diff, you want to start with the diffs loose and break them in according to the directions online. Then you start with the slipper loose and slipping lots and slowly tighten it until it is good.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Does anyone know when the aluminum servo horns and chassis protective tape are going to come into stock? I don't think they are available anywhere.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
For high traction type surfaces, I would recommend the full time 4wd. When you get into looser terrain that is when the clicker comes in super handy.
Thank you hacker, I will try the clicker when I get it back on the track and see how it feels
Old 01-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
"As for the slipper and diff, you want to start with the diffs loose and break them in according to the directions online. Then you start with the slipper loose and slipping lots and slowly tighten it until it is good.
Okay, so if I understand correctly then I want to tighten the diffs just enough that the outdrives spin opposite from one another and then go from there? That is pretty loose. I always thought the TLR guys ran the diff tight and backed off 1/8 turn.

I will properly set the slipper once it gets on the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.