Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slash 2WD LCG Conversions

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool Slash 2WD LCG Conversions

Hey, I hope this is OK. I wanted share my Rustler to Slash 2WD bulletproofed conversion using the STRC LCG Kit and a ton of other RPM, Pro-Line, jConcepts and STRC parts, but I couldn't find a thread that dealt with conversions of this nature.

So I hope this thread can be for people to discuss Slash LCG conversion kits, and people can share their build lists.

This first entry is intended to be the ultimate backyard basher. I even gave it a name - "Brash" - [B]ulletproofed [R]ustler LCG sl[ASH].

I kind of went overboard on the video, but i'd love to hear your comments!

Blog, Parts list at bigwords.com/textbook-case/2013/04/brash-bigwords-bulletproofed-traxxas-rustler-strc-lcg-slash-conversion/

90 second teaser here: youtube.com/watch?v=GXmIMuGCPMM

Full build and running video here: youtube.com/watch?v=ZgbNbyxqIY8
Attached Thumbnails Slash 2WD LCG Conversions-07-img_3769-300x225.jpg   Slash 2WD LCG Conversions-04-img_3770.jpg   Slash 2WD LCG Conversions-08-img_3005-300x225.jpg   Slash 2WD LCG Conversions-19-img_3758-300x225.jpg   Slash 2WD LCG Conversions-44-img_3552-300x225.jpg  

Old 04-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Update 1: Front End Rebuild

Update. Rebuilt front end. Aluminum camber links and plastic bulkhead kept breaking. Rebuilt with STRC aluminum caster blocks and bulkhead, connected by RPM Camber links and A-arms - rigidity and flexibility in perfect harmony ;-)

blog, parts list: bigwords.com/textbook-case/2013/04/brash-update-harden-rustler-slash-front-end-strc-bulkhead-strc-castor-blocks-rpm-a-arms-rpm-camber-links/

Video (2 min): youtu.be/QtbYrhrrngY
Old 04-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Great conversion! I like how those monster tires look but is it underpowered now?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks!!! No, it is not underpowered. I used an app called ratiocalc and kept the pinion/spur combo within traxxas' recommendations. No change was necessary. I'm running the 86t spur, and the normal pinion that comes in the truck on 2s and 3s.