Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victory
SMR, good point.

The stock hexes are horrible. Situation further made worse cause they didn't include shims, which would help and cost nothing.

BTW, if I can get a servo horn rigged tomorrow I am going to race a friend with his losi. I have representing my choice of truck is the right one and can't wait to rip him.
Go get him
Old 08-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Your observation is spot on. In researching wheels I have found no one wheel universally accepted. Too much webbing...too flimsy...fitment is off...

Tekno, a wheel worthy of the rest of your design would be helpful. Til then we compromise.
+1 tekno wheels
Old 08-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yeah, I meant hex. Sorry. Anyway they alum. hex seems to be the ticket along with the shims.

Now that everything is running the crappy servo horn is stripped.

You know when I bought my first AE car over twenty years ago nearly everything worked forever. The only reason you had to upgrade was to put the car on a diet.

The servo horn and the hexes should have come aluminum with the car, period. These trucks are too heavy and large to come with the poop they designed them with. Also the shims may have helped in this case too.

Someone needs to warn people that if they intend to purchase this car everything on the first page from and upgrade perspective is a foregone conclusion. Car + $100 in mods to really make it a usable product for off road.

I've seen this program before. Car dealers sell you a car at nearly cost then make all their money in the service and parts department.

A kit that works and is durable out of the box would have been something to get excited about. Eventually after I spend a butt load this will be the ultimate SC Truck.

Back to hobby shop to spend another $20.00 tomorrow. Getting old.
Don't know where you got $100+ in mods. The car needs an aluminum servo horn and aluminum hexes. That's $30, Boom, done. Bulletproof truck. I can gaurantee you'd stop complaining over $30 if you owned an scte 1.0 and dropped $300 in upgrades to get the truck where it should be.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Don't know where you got $100+ in mods. The car needs an aluminum servo horn and aluminum hexes. That's $30, Boom, done. Bulletproof truck. I can gaurantee you'd stop complaining over $30 if you owned an scte 1.0 and dropped $300 in upgrades to get the truck where it should be.
and even that's debatable. everyone says aluminum hexes are a must, but i used the stockers for about 2 months without issue. i ended up buying the aluminum ones just because, but i don't consider aluminum hexes "must buy" right out of the box.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

It's just one man's opinion, guys. He's entitled to it, and so are we. Anyone looking to buy one of these kits wouldn't think twice about that comment unless it was the only one they heard regarding the truck up until purchase. There are literally THOUSANDS of others praising its capabilities in stock form.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

whats everyones opinion on running 6 degrees of rear toe. i was looking for a little more rear traction and better off power steering/rotation so i went to 6 degrees from 4.5. cant wait to try it out tomorrow at a club race.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC 4 LIFE
whats everyones opinion on running 6 degrees of rear toe. i was looking for a little more rear traction and better off power steering/rotation so i went to 6 degrees from 4.5. cant wait to try it out tomorrow at a club race.
Have you tried different compound in the rear instead of a bunch of toe in?
Old 08-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC 4 LIFE

Usually when you have to makea drastic setup setting like 6 deg rear tow it means there is something else in the setup off. It sounds like you need a little more anti-squat instead.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, I meant hex. Sorry. Anyway they alum. hex seems to be the ticket along with the shims.

You know when I bought my first AE car over twenty years ago nearly everything worked forever. The only reason you had to upgrade was to put the car on a diet.

The servo horn and the hexes should have come aluminum with the car, period. These trucks are too heavy and large to come with the poop they designed them with. Also the shims may have helped in this case too.

Someone needs to warn people that if they intend to purchase this car everything on the first page from and upgrade perspective is a foregone conclusion. Car + $100 in mods to really make it a usable product for off road.

I've seen this program before. Car dealers sell you a car at nearly cost then make all their money in the service and parts department.

A kit that works and is durable out of the box would have been something to get excited about. Eventually after I spend a butt load this will be the ultimate SC Truck.

Sorry to hear your upset, but you're expecting just a wee bit too much if you're comparing an RC10 to a 1/8 converted SCT Truck. C'mon now. =)

The hexes are not required, the stock are perfectly fine.
I ran my servo horn for a month before switching to an AL horn.
And as far as shims? You didn't have any laying around? I don't even remember shimming mine. Car is fine.

Hope you'll see you're into something good.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Your observation is spot on. In researching wheels I have found no one wheel universally accepted. Too much webbing...too flimsy...fitment is off...

Tekno, a wheel worthy of the rest of your design would be helpful. Til then we compromise.
Thanks for the feedback about the wheels, the one comment I have is that any wheel will weaken when you die it. Heating up the plastic will affect the structure and plastics "relax" when you boil them. The black wheels should be the stiffest because they require the least color pigment in them.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Yea sorry if your having a bad experience of if the truck doesn't meet your driving style. I'm kicking ass and taking names with mine at the small indoor track and have been against all other brands so far. Only loss was due to a DNF due to the plastic servo horn. The hot bodies is the best to use IMHO but haven't tried the Tekno one yet.

I don't even think about this truck between races. I did the basic setup most were using, just did the horn Al hexes and put some Kyosho springs on cause I like they way they feel, but stock was good enough. I just charge the battery and hit the track and try not to make the other guys look too bad.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
and even that's debatable. everyone says aluminum hexes are a must, but i used the stockers for about 2 months without issue. i ended up buying the aluminum ones just because, but i don't consider aluminum hexes "must buy" right out of the box.
I would say even the horn is an option still got the plastic one on and had no problems for months.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mizchief
Yea sorry if your having a bad experience of if the truck doesn't meet your driving style. I'm kicking ass and taking names with mine at the small indoor track and have been against all other brands so far. Only loss was due to a DNF due to the plastic servo horn. The hot bodies is the best to use IMHO but haven't tried the Tekno one yet.

I don't even think about this truck between races. I did the basic setup most were using, just did the horn Al hexes and put some Kyosho springs on cause I like they way they feel, but stock was good enough. I just charge the battery and hit the track and try not to make the other guys look too bad.
+1!!!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default The Italians are coming!!

Fioroni pistons in the house!!

Thanks Bcholka!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Hexes yeah, kinda must have. Im still running the original servo horn on mine. Its been perfect for me and trouble free. I know its risky and have a spare aluminum one standing by for when I need it. I just want to see how far I can get this thing to go. Ive had the truck since the first batch too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.