Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn_S
What's point worrying about being 'ROAR legal' running a 2 2s setup, if 75% of the people are running Pro4HD's in the first place?
Some places are picky on batteries for some reason, but not motors.

Originally Posted by ArmySSG
Quick question guys.. My limiter is set at the what seems normal 35%.. I would like to clear the triple at my local track.. So if I turn up my limiter to say %50 would that give me enough punch to do it? My current set up is a 4300Pro4HD RX8Gen2 15T pinion.. SMC 6500 .. I've only seen one other short course make the triple all the e buggies and nitro 8th scale guys clear it with no problem if there not scared...
I run my limiter at 60. If your motor temps are ok, increase it by 20 and give it a test run. Check temps and if you are under 160 and still need more 'pop', increase by 10.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quick question guys.. My limiter is set at the what seems normal 35%.. I would like to clear the triple at my local track.. So if I turn up my limiter to say %50 would that give me enough punch to do it? My current set up is a 4300Pro4HD RX8Gen2 15T pinion.. SMC 6500 .. I've only seen one other short course make the triple all the e buggies and nitro 8th scale guys clear it with no problem if there not scared...
With the HD 4300 I run anywhere from 40% to 60% depending on how much traction there is. You could try going up a tooth on the pinion try a 16 tooth that seems to be the sweet spot for most of the track I run . I did talk to Randy pike about gearing the HD in the tekno from what I was told a 15 tooth might be under geared. But before you change anything make your you check the motor temps. Mine ran right around 150deg after 6 minutes with a couple worm up laps.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone have pictures or tips on how they get the sensor wire to stay in the HW 4700 motor? Mine keeps popping out and it's driving me nuts.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've seen a lot of ppl talk about them running a 15, and a 16t pinion on their 4300hd. I am running a 18t and its awesome. Randy pike and Jim Campbell told me to gear up 2 teeth from what I was running with the 4600 to settle down the torque and get the same top end, I never looked back. The lower pinions might be making your car want to do wheelies as you've stated because all the tourque with the lower pinion. I am also only running 35% current limit and seems to lay down the power very well, if I went to a bit larger track with super high bite I would go to 45-50 and that's it. Thought about going all the way down to 20% on outdoor very loose tracks. Just an observation and opinion
Old 08-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
Next time Chris is at the track running his EB48, ask to see how he does his batteries. It is basically just 2x2s stacked and wired in series, which you could do in parallel instead for the truck (though you'd need longer velcro straps).

Alternatively, just pick up a cheap 10ah brick 2s battery and strap it in and you'll be fine (again may need longer velcro straps). They're basically a 4s pack, but put in parallel instead of series, so you get the same size brick.

Now, if only I could figure out how to do 2x4s in my buggy to make 45 minute nitro mains...though that might just have to wait until there's a little more rear chassis space in the ET48 for me to do that. O

Thanks for the great info bud

Hopefully he sometimes heads over on Thursdays because it's my only day off lol. I rarely get out to NorCal with my 2nd job now but I was curious to see if it'd be something others could try in a race if they didn't mind the extra weight.

As a basher I think I'd have no issues going with some stacked 2s batts, plus te EB48 straps; Or a 3s with a lot of current limiting on my Pro4. Finally got an RX8 Gen2 as well so I'm hoping for added power efficiency and cooler ESC temps over my old MMP.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stabone
Does anyone have pictures or tips on how they get the sensor wire to stay in the HW 4700 motor? Mine keeps popping out and it's driving me nuts.
Try a drop of tire glue. That's what I did!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcguy76559
Try a drop of tire glue. That's what I did!
i've seen shoe goo used for this. at least that can be removed pretty easily if you don't want it there. i'd stay away from CA glue for this.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I agree with Phreak on that one. Stay away from tire glue around electronics. I picked up some liquid electrical tape at walmart in the quto section quite some time ago and use it for just such things.It looks like black silicone,but not as thick. plug in the sensor and then take a toothpick with the liquid tape and dab it on the sensor plug so it cant back out too easy. The stuff stays pliable so it can be removed without too much effort.
Its also good for sealing openings from water and around deans connectors and such.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i've seen shoe goo used for this. at least that can be removed pretty easily if you don't want it there. i'd stay away from CA glue for this.
+1 on Shoe Goo, it's easier to remove or unplug later if needed. I had to do that for the wire going into the ESC.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

@sramos I thought the higher the pinion the more top end speed less torque? I guess I just figured I'd need more torque to clear a triple vs. top speed?

@timamybrown I'll try to push my limiter up to 50% and give it a shot..

I also will play with my radio settings as well.. I have the acceleration feature turned down pretty low.. I was getting TOO much power at the wheel with the acceleration all the way up.. I'm sure once I learn how to do my throttle points with the RadioPost I can easily just go full throttle on the radio and it will deliver the punch i"m looking for and cruise the rest of the track at half throttle...
Old 08-08-2013, 05:40 AM
dhh
Tech Rookie

I'm running a 14t with the 4300hd on a SUPER high bite, small indoor track. I ran a 16t at a medium bite, bigger track for a while, but I ended up switching out to the 14t again it still has plenty of top end. Yesterday when I pulled my truck off the track after a 6 minute race w/ warm up laps I temped in at 150 running a 14t on the small track. I might try a 15t and see if it makes a big difference with temps. Will update once I do.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dhh
I'm running a 14t with the 4300hd on a SUPER high bite, small indoor track. I ran a 16t at a medium bite, bigger track for a while, but I ended up switching out to the 14t again it still has plenty of top end. Yesterday when I pulled my truck off the track after a 6 minute race w/ warm up laps I temped in at 150 running a 14t on the small track. I might try a 15t and see if it makes a big difference with temps. Will update once I do.
Motors will overheat if undergeared also.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSCFlash
I destroyed the "aftermarket" CF towers the first weekend. I then got the Tekno ones and they have been bulletproof for months. No issues whatsoever despite a few hard crashes.
which brand were the aftermarket towers?

Originally Posted by Shawn_S
What's point worrying about being 'ROAR legal' running a 2 2s setup, if 75% of the people are running Pro4HD's in the first place?
lol
Old 08-08-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Stabone
I would use hot glue... Come off easy if needed
Old 08-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

@sramos I thought the higher the pinion the more top end speed less torque? I guess I just figured I'd need more torque to clear a triple vs. top speed?

@timamybrown I'll try to push my limiter up to 50% and give it a shot..

I also will play with my radio settings as well.. I have the acceleration feature turned down pretty low.. I was getting TOO much power at the wheel with the acceleration all the way up.. I'm sure once I learn how to do my throttle points with the RadioPost I can easily just go full throttle on the radio and it will deliver the punch i"m looking for and cruise the rest of the track at half throttle...
How hot is your motor? I think you're undergeared. Talking with Ernest it sounds like you need more top end not torque for that jump. Torque would be more important if it was a short run up and you have enough traction.

Plus that jump sends you up more than forward. Doing a triple isn't always the fastest way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.