Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 12:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by teknorc
Should be back in stock this week.
Awesome-Thanks-now go to bed!!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:17 AM
Tech Initiate

I was having the nose dive issue on one of the big jumps that we have at our track until this past weekend when I figured out that I couldn't pull full throttle right out of the turn, I had to wait til I was closer then give it full pull, jumped nose up every time after that
Old 07-22-2013, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mizchief
Does the OFNA listed on the first page need any extra shims with the 1258TG ? If so where do I get the shims?
To use this one on the savox you pretty much have to run it with the link on top vs. bottom. I went with the stock horn for now, will probably find some kind of spacer/washers to put on the steering side so it can run level.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Got my kit together and this thing rocks!.

Build was really easy going for the most part other than a few places I messed up. Was much easier to get the right screws in the right place vs. the SC10 4x4 build where each bag would have 4 different screws exactly the same other than a 2mm difference in length. The screws were very consistent in size or were very obvious when you needed more than one type.

Only real snag I hit was with the shocks. The last plastic peice that goes in at the bottom of the cartridge had one very small insert, then a larger one. Looked like on the instructions it showed to use the small one, but it would slip out and let the shocks leak, when I used the larger one instead everything was fine.

I really liked how the servo, esc, and receiver all fit nice on one tray, was really easy to get them all installed and my wires ran without being attached to the truck. Motor was also really easy to install and made for a nice short and clean connection from esc to motor. Clean will be easy as all i'll have to do is remove the motor mount and the screws holding the elec. tray and all my non-waterproof stuff will slide right off as one unit.

I've only ran it in my street so far on some old stock SC10 tires which the pro4 hd turned into slicks very quickly I was supprised at how nimble it was and I was doing half second 180 turns in no time. Using the default setup It had tons of off power going in and tons of on-power coming out of the turns just how I like. I never had decent on-power with my SC10 4x4 no matter how many fancy slippers and mods I tried.

Cain't wait to get her out to a track!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joesabre
I was having the nose dive issue on one of the big jumps that we have at our track until this past weekend when I figured out that I couldn't pull full throttle right out of the turn, I had to wait til I was closer then give it full pull, jumped nose up every time after that
You bring up a good point--I think through most of this thread we assume that everyone knows how to jump. Coming from a motocross background you learn real quick (otherwise you break your body) about what causes nose high/nose low factors, identifying the different types of jump faces and how each one affects the bikes flight, "g" out faces (ones that float you up high), gradual faces which require more high speed,etc, etc, etc. In motocross it's all about "seat time"--in RC it's "drive time".
Now I'm sure there are plenty of you that are accomplished drivers and know how to jump (and still are fighting the nose down issue) but for the rest of you make sure you have an understanding of proper jumping techniques before pulling your hair out with the setup of this truck.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Here's some Tekno SCT410 domination for your viewing pleasure...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK6uIQcOI70

Check out the air pass at the 1:18 mark!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bortzilla

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Nice stuff man!!! That pass was sick!!! That jump is big!!!
Are you running one of the posted setups or is it your own??
Old 07-22-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bcholka
You bring up a good point--I think through most of this thread we assume that everyone knows how to jump. Coming from a motocross background you learn real quick (otherwise you break your body) about what causes nose high/nose low factors, identifying the different types of jump faces and how each one affects the bikes flight, "g" out faces (ones that float you up high), gradual faces which require more high speed,etc, etc, etc. In motocross it's all about "seat time"--in RC it's "drive time".
Now I'm sure there are plenty of you that are accomplished drivers and know how to jump (and still are fighting the nose down issue) but for the rest of you make sure you have an understanding of proper jumping techniques before pulling your hair out with the setup of this truck.
Yea I can't comment as I didn't get to hit the bmx track with mine this weekend like I hoped (park was closed) but someone mentioned they had to hold some throttle open to keep it level. I've had to do this with all 4x4 RC car's I've run so far including my 8.2 was just something I got used to. I never coast over jumps in 4x4 and usually hit it more like moto X where I throttle up to it then roll about 2-3 ft. to match speed then give it a little blip as I hit the face and hold throttle to keep it even in the air, then it's easy to adjust up or down.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Yea I can't comment as I didn't get to hit the bmx track with mine this weekend like I hoped (park was closed) but someone mentioned they had to hold some throttle open to keep it level. I've had to do this with all 4x4 RC car's I've run so far including my 8.2 was just something I got used to. I never coast over jumps in 4x4 and usually hit it more like moto X where I throttle up to it then roll about 2-3 ft. to match speed then give it a little blip as I hit the face and hold throttle to keep it even in the air, then it's easy to adjust up or down.
Bingo!!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nice stuff man!!! That pass was sick!!! That jump is big!!!
Are you running one of the posted setups or is it your own??
Thanks, man. Here's my setup sheet:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B36l...it?usp=sharing

I've been tweaking it all season long for the big 8th scale tracks in my area.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sweet! So do you plan on running 2 different setups based on track conditions?
IE 1 for loose and 1 more for high bite??
Thanks!
That's the plan. A good base setup which will only need a few minor quick tweaks to switch from loose to high bite, sway bar, droop, diff oil, ride height etc. small quick changes to create mechanical traction for loose conditions. My current setup is great for high bite conditions IMO. Loose conditions it needs a lil work, very minor tho
Old 07-22-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bortzilla

+ YouTube Video

Did you feel sorry for the other guys and stop hitting the big double?
Old 07-22-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sramos
That's the plan. A good base setup which will only need a few minor quick tweaks to switch from loose to high bite, sway bar, droop, diff oil, ride height etc. small quick changes to create mechanical traction for loose conditions. My current setup is great for high bite conditions IMO. Loose conditions it needs a lil work, very minor tho
Where on the car do you measure ride height? On the aluminum chassis or on the plastic part?
Old 07-22-2013, 07:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Where on the car do you measure ride height? On the aluminum chassis or on the plastic part?
Chassis. Front most and rear most
Old 07-22-2013, 07:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Did you feel sorry for the other guys and stop hitting the big double?
Lol, the wind was a little gusty at times, and that jump was straight into it, so I played it a little safe depending on the gusts. And I wanted to make sure my car would stay in 1 piece for the 10 min. A2 main.

In the A2 main, I landed that other big jump (on the left hand side of the track) perfectly the only time I tried it. Had to take the turn before it real wide and gun it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.