Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyleman7
I'm trying to figure out which way to move my shocks on my shock tower to help with the bumpiness of the track I'm racing on. Its a loose sandy track, the develops a lot of bumps.

I've attached a picture of the track.
Here is what the Hudy guide says:

SHOCK POSITION CHARACTERISTICS
More inclined (moving in on tower and/or moving out on lower arm)
• Softer initial damping
• More progressive damping
• More lateral (side) traction
• Makes the handling more ”forgiving”
• May be better on high-bite tracks, since it slows down the handling and makes it easier to driver

Less inclined (moving out on tower and/or moving in on lower arm)
• Harder damping
• Less lateral (side) traction
• Makes the car more responsive
• Usually better suited on technical tracks

SHOCK UPPER POSITION (SHOCK TOWER)

Front Shock Tower
Outer holes
• Faster steering
• Better on bumps and jumps

Inner holes
• Easier to drive
• More side bite
• Slower initial steering

Rear Shock Tower

Outer holes
• Less mid corner grip
• More traction into corner
• Squares up better on exit

Inner holes
• More steering into corner
• More mid corner grip

SHOCK LOWER POSITION (ARM)

Front Arm
Outer holes
• Increases stability
• Easier to drive
• Bigger turn radius

Inner holes
• Faster steering
• Better for bumps and jumps
Rear Arm

Outer holes
• More stability
• More lateral grip in turns

Inner holes
• Better for bumps and jumps
• Less side bite
• More exit traction
Old 06-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Sounds like I should go for a slightly less inclined setup.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Thats what I have done, though, I do find I end up making shock oil and spring changes in general more so, and potentially sway bar change too.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Crawlin
He loves them! And as someone who has owned a tekno, and then watched his tekno change from the previous piston setup to the fancy stuff, it is quite a change for the good.

would be first on the list if I bought another one, haha
And you Sir are the sole reason why we purchased one of these!!!
Would love to see "Tekno SCT410" back on your signature one day again!!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Set up

Hi Guys looking to improve my set up. The good news is I've been TQing and winning some races with my current set up but the Losi's are getting closer.
Here is my current set up
diffs7 5 3
Losi rear green springs with tekno black fronts
35 front with 30 weight in rear
I am using stock pistons
2.3 front sway bar and 2.4 rear
I am using all the stock shock and suspension points
I am running hobbywing 4700 with RX8 but have a new tekin 43hd to install
I have modified battery to move it rearward.

I find it doesn't steer well under acceleration. That would be my biggest complaint. Overall I think its pretty good but the competition is catching up.
I run on a dry dusty track that is fairly tight and gets quite rutted by the end of the night. I have Tekno 8x1.3 pistons to install if recommended. Thanks
Old 06-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Vwchris
Hi Guys looking to improve my set up. The good news is I've been TQing and winning some races with my current set up but the Losi's are getting closer.
diffs7 5 3
I am using stock pistons

I find it doesn't steer well under acceleration. That would be my biggest complaint. Overall I think its pretty good but the competition is catching up.
I run on a dry dusty track that is fairly tight and gets quite rutted by the end of the night. I have Tekno 8x1.3 pistons to install if recommended. Thanks
Limit the droop. It will help a lot.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

diffs7 5 3
I am using stock pistons

Try 5k up front. I have the same issue running the door setup. Overall a really stable easy to drive setup but a little too heavy front diff oil (7k) for a loose track. I like a little more turn in and responsiveness up front, gonna drop to 5 k up front to free it up a bit.

Also I've ran the stock swaybars flip flopped since day one (lighter in back).

You can stand the front shocks up and run the short rear wheel base setting as well. That helps rotate it. You'll know you went to far if you start gettin loose out back.

Also- the insane amount of rear toe in that I'm noticing on the posts lately sounded ok but when I tried it the rear end would let loose too quick, in other words it stay fairly locked in but when it did lose traction it came around too fast. I went from maxed out back down a degree whatever that is. (2.5?) that helped make it easier to drive.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Try 5k up front. I have the same issue running the door setup. Overall a really stable easy to drive setup but a little too heavy front diff oil (7k) for a loose track. I like a little more turn in and responsiveness up front, gonna drop to 5 k up front to free it up a bit.

You can stand the front shocks up and run the short rear wheel base setting as well. That helps rotate it. You'll know you went to far if you start gettin loose out back.

Also- the insane amount of rear toe in that I'm noticing on the posts lately sounded ok but when I tried it the rear end would let loose too quick, in other words it stay fairly locked in but when it did lose traction it came around too fast. I went from maxed out back down a degree whatever that is. (2.5?) that helped make it easier to drive.
Max rear toe on the SCT410 is 4.5 so one down is 3.5. I f you buy the new toe block you can get in between measurements 6,5,4 rear toe
Old 06-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Limit the droop. It will help a lot.
Thanks any recomendations for the drop measurement?
Old 06-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

A shorter rear wheel base will give less on power steering not more. I vote limit front droop and lengthen wheel base.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Antimullet

Thanks do you think a little stiffer front spring would give me more on power steering?

Last edited by Vwchris; 06-11-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Forgot front
Old 06-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sramos
LMAO you really like em huh!!!
Hey Scramos just ordered a set of the Fioronis pistons to try out what do you recommend for springs and oils for a med. sized indoor clay high bite track. And so you know I have been running the Rc shox two stage pistons and have had great results but have heard such good things about the Fioronis had to give them a try. :-)
Old 06-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by umpy907
Hey Scramos just ordered a set of the Fioronis pistons to try out what do you recommend for springs and oils for a med. sized indoor clay high bite track. And so you know I have been running the Rc shox two stage pistons and have had great results but have heard such good things about the Fioronis had to give them a try. :-)
Hey SRAMOS I hope your getting commission checks from Italy for all the sales of these pistons!!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by umpy907
Originally Posted by Bcholka
Hey SRAMOS I hope your getting commission checks from Italy for all the sales of these pistons!!!!
@umpy907....i run green fronts w/ 37 1/2, red rears w/ 32 1/2 (losi oils). that has worked great for me indoor and outdoor!!! make sure to use green slime on the o-rings before you install them, large holes facing up and you have to ream out the holes in the pistons so they slide down past the threads. i'm actually installing some right now on my eb48 as we speak. i am drilling the inner hole out with a 7/64 drill bit. also check the small holes for any debris left from the manufacturer..... those are some things i just remembered and i forgot to mention to Bcholka when he asked, and i'm assuming he had no problems.

@Bcholka......i think italy should be paying you for all the good reports on them lol. i've talked about them in the past and no one seemed to acknowledge it haha. thanks for all the good reports and rep you have helped me with. means alot!!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

diffs7 5 3
I am using stock pistons

Where is your ackermann and anti-squat at?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.