Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc
That is a prototype CF tower.
Are the option shock towers heavier than the stock stamped ones?
Old 12-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Carbon fiber is much stronger and lighter than aluminum. The stockers are cnc machined, not stamped.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Carbon fiber is much stronger and lighter than aluminum. The stockers are cnc machined, not stamped.
The stock towers in the earliest pictures looked to be stamped out like the Losi ones, thats why I was asking. I know carbon would be really nice but I think the truck will fly better with some extra weight. STOCK BELOW

OPTION TOWER

Paul
Old 12-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
They are a little lighter than the stock stamped towers. The holes on the stamped towers are CNC machined for accuracy, but we are just calling them stamped. They are 7075 and 4mm. They hold up really good and you have the full CNC option already available. The stock SC towers (TKR5528 and TKR5529) are lighter than the CNC towers (TKR5028, TKR5029).

CF towers are lighter than both, but we are still testing them. We're trying to decide how thick to make them.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:06 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks for clearing that up. I can hardly wait to get the truck on the track.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

They are a little lighter than the stock stamped towers. The holes on the stamped towers are CNC machined for accuracy, but we are just calling them stamped. They are 7075 and 4mm. They hold up really good and you have the full CNC option already available. The stock SC towers (TKR5528 and TKR5529) are lighter than the CNC towers (TKR5028, TKR5029).

CF towers are lighter than both, but we are still testing them. We're trying to decide how thick to make them.
I would think 4mm would be plenty. Please make as many carbon fiber options as you can on this truck, steering plate, center diff top, reciever box cover, etc, stuff like that.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

For some reason i found the rear cf tower for short course is more easily broken
Old 12-07-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Cool, glad they posted that. That's Matt's truck (team manager). He got 2nd place at that event (Top Notch Series Rnd 1). You can see what a lightweight setup looks like. His truck is ~5.9lb with a large pack. Shorty pack for him and he's be at ~5.7lb.

They took a lot of shots of the stock truck too, not sure why they didn't post any of those. RC Driver photographer was there taking a lot of shots as well as RCInsider.com. They should be posting some info shortly.

FYI, we race every Wednesday at our local track and last night, our stock 6.6lb test truck driven by Zac Burnside blew the rest of the SCT410's out of the water. Setting a blistering TQ pace in both quals and easily taking the win in the main. So now the guys with the light setups are checking out Zac's truck for setup tips. The extra weight seemed to help Zac's truck and now we're thinking the ideal weight for the truck and the suspension is probably around 6lb +. My truck is 5.7lb and it wasn't as consistent as Zac's.

The good news is that we spent the last two weeks doing nothing but homing in on the ideal box setup. We changed the spring spec and the stock locations for camber links and shocks. Now we have the info we need to finish up the instructions and get this thing out there.

Link to results from last night: http://sdrcraceway.com/event/all/wed...t-worlds-12-05 (look for Pro4 results).

Top 5 trucks were SCT410's in all qualifiers and the main. #7 was also running a SCT410 in the main.
I believe his success was a result of his new paint scheme I could be wrong tho
Old 12-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

^ it had to shave at least a second of each lap
Old 12-07-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

So no machined towers stock ? No alloy pin braces stock ? No alloy ackerman stock ? No alloy shock caps stock ?

Wow , that's like 240 in parts that come stock with the EB48 , dont wanna seem like I am nit picking but I was hoping some of the trick parts from the EB48 were going to make it into this kit as well

Especially since its only about 100 cheaper than the EB48 .....

Last edited by BashemSmashem; 12-07-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

honestly I don't view it at nit picking. Sounds more like a fair question which tekno unlike a lot of manufacturers doesn't duck. We need to keep in mind however that the parts that are not EB48 spec level are not free, they have cost too.

Personally, I think the biggest thing for me would be the ackerman.

for the ackerman, what material is it? I can't tell or recall if it was discussed, but is it plastic?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:08 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I don't mean to knock the truck until I see it, but a lot of why I wanted this truck was that I was hoping it was like the EB48 with all the goodies included. Not really concerned with the price, as upgrading a cheaper truck would bring it to the price level of an EB48 anyway. Stamped towers and chassis weren't really on my wish list. Will wait to make final verdict when it is released.
Probably going to get one anyway.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Legend

the difference pricewise for the towers at least appears to be $15 per tower retail. So, if Tekno included those in the kit, I am assuming it would up the cost of the kit by about $30.

Looking at what they have for "stamped" towers, these look a lot better than others stamped towers and are the same material it appears as the CNC'd ones? I guess to me personally, I don't see yet the benefit of another $30 in cost over the "stamped" towers out of the box.

Again, just me personally considering its current cost point.

Maybe Tekno can offer an exclusive all option Edition direct from them?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:38 AM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
So no machined towers stock ? No alloy pin braces stock ? No alloy ackerman stock ? No alloy shock caps stock ?

Wow , that's like 240 in parts that come stock with the EB48 , dont wanna seem like I am nit picking but I was hoping some of the trick parts from the EB48 were going to make it into this kit as well

Especially since its only about 100 cheaper than the EB48 .....
Originally Posted by Cain
honestly I don't view it at nit picking. Sounds more like a fair question which tekno unlike a lot of manufacturers doesn't duck. We need to keep in mind however that the parts that are not EB48 spec level are not free, they have cost too.

Personally, I think the biggest thing for me would be the ackerman.

for the ackerman, what material is it? I can't tell or recall if it was discussed, but is it plastic?
Tekno, I would love a team version with all the goodies. I would gladly pay eb48 price to get the same quality.

We don't know the final specs of this truck, but if all the talk on the forums are true and all the pictures that are out are accurate (I know, I'm stretching here), it seems like it would cost quite a bit more than the eb48 to get a stock SCT410 and upgrade it to eb48 level.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by SEF
Tekno, I would love a team version with all the goodies. I would gladly pay eb48 price to get the same quality.

We don't know the final specs of this truck, but if all the talk on the forums are true and all the pictures that are out are accurate (I know, I'm stretching here), it seems like it would cost quite a bit more than the eb48 to get a stock SCT410 and upgrade it to eb48 level.
That is pretty much what people who are coming from other vehicles are wanting to avoid. The question though is are the upgrades to EB48 specs necessary or just bling that add to cost.

Ultimately though, I think having a team version exclusively from Tekno would settle the issue. If there are people willing to pay EB48 prices for the SCT410, might be smart to take their money

Me personally, I'll give the standard one a go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.