Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
So, first off this comment has nothing to do with tekno. But I have noticed that lately some cars/trucks have come out and immediately needed mods and fixes. I often wonder how this was not seen in 6+ months of testing. The 22SCT has ball cups that pop off and need to have the rack modded. Tekno pinion that needs to be dremeled to get the set screw in (not sure if this was fixed in production) and a few others. I dont understand how this stuff was not noticed in the testing. Last minute production changes without testing and fitting? I know these axles are a QC issue and not a design issue. I was not referring to that kind of issue. BTW do you still have to dremel the pinion?
I can't speak to the Losi trucks...but, I quite literally built my SCT410 bone stock per the manual with no problems (and then went and raced it). There is an addendum for the diff pinion/outdrive that requires the shims, no big deal. I never heard of the pinion gear dremel thing? Mine fit perfectly fine.

I've posted these in the thread previously, but I did some video of the things that I thought were tricky to complete or needed some explanation in the kit. Hopefully they will give you an idea of what to expect:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...PwslidmwpTrjTb
Old 03-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkl
I read on another thread that drilling out the Losi hexs can work, but the larger hole interferes with the clamping bolt. the hole exposes the bolt a bit and then the bolt can score the axle.
Sorry I meant to say HPI, they have a set screw in them that touches the axle not a clamping style.......................
Paul Rush
Old 03-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRRC
Did not finish my race last week because the hex stripped at the rear
I cant seem to find a replacement as the losi is too small and the AE has a lip and there still is no aluminum hex available

I have noted that tightening the nut too much caused the failure of the nut hence the hex broke and my rim also is not stripped

anyone know where I can get a good replacement part for this
thanks
These might work with minor mods.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Adapter-Set-2

or these

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...xle-Pin-Collar
Old 03-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by virgilj
I have been in RC a long time and have rarely seen a manufacturer admit that they have produced a substandard part. It happens to them all,but most just ignore it and turn a deaf ear to the racers that have a problem. Others announce the new "Race" version you can buy to replace the poorly designed part they put in the kit.

For Tekno to man up and jump right on the problem and publicly announce that some stub axels may have been overhardened is commendable. For them to stand behind their product and offer to "make it right" proves they are a class act and in my estimation sets them a level above the rest of the pack.

I'm just an old man playing with a very expensive toy car, but for what it's worth you have certainly earned my respect!!!
Could this possibly be Virgil from back in the S-Grid days? OMG, I hope so! I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe whenever I was reading the latest installments of Life at WalMart...

If it's you Virgil - I missed you, man! Start posting about what's been happening in your world.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gary NJ
Could this possibly be Virgil from back in the S-Grid days? OMG, I hope so! I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe whenever I was reading the latest installments of Life at WalMart...

If it's you Virgil - I missed you, man! Start posting about what's been happening in your world.
Same Virgil just more gray hair!! Nice to run across old friends. We'll have to take this reunion to pm though so we don't screw up this thread.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Sorry for the repeat questions lol. Just no time to go through 450 pages. What are the must have spares/hop ups? How does it compare to the losi scte with all the good upgrades? and is anyone running the hobbywing sct 4700 combo and how do you like it compared to tekin (I have a friend begging me to try it). My kit will arive tomorrow

Thanks
Old 03-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valleypatroll
Question
Stock springs and pistons what oil has everyone settled on? I have stock oil in now and have AE 35 37.5 40 and 50 on hand any reccomendations?
I went with AE 40 in the front & AE 32.5 in the rear, stock springs in the rear with AE silver springs up front. The truck was way more to my liking after making those changes!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by virgilj
I have been in RC a long time and have rarely seen a manufacturer admit that they have produced a substandard part. It happens to them all,but most just ignore it and turn a deaf ear to the racers that have a problem. Others announce the new "Race" version you can buy to replace the poorly designed part they put in the kit.

For Tekno to man up and jump right on the problem and publicly announce that some stub axels may have been overhardened is commendable. For them to stand behind their product and offer to "make it right" proves they are a class act and in my estimation sets them a level above the rest of the pack.

I'm just an old man playing with a very expensive toy car, but for what it's worth you have certainly earned my respect!!!
Well said & I whole heartedly agree.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Was wondering if we could get an update on those new shock shafts from tekno?
Old 03-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by joel804
Sorry for the repeat questions lol. Just no time to go through 450 pages. What are the must have spares/hop ups? How does it compare to the losi scte with all the good upgrades? and is anyone running the hobbywing sct 4700 combo and how do you like it compared to tekin (I have a friend begging me to try it). My kit will arive tomorrow

Thanks
The hobbywing 4700 is awesome you won't regret it
Old 03-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BLbound
I went with AE 40 in the front & AE 32.5 in the rear, stock springs in the rear with AE silver springs up front. The truck was way more to my liking after making those changes!
I may try that thanks
Old 03-13-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joel804

Thanks
There is a "Search this thread" field towards the top right of the frame that will search all 450 pages for you. I typed Hobbywing 4700 and was greeted with over 40 results.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 410 and ESC

Question do you need to Run the motor direction backward on the ESC for this truck?
Old 03-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

no you dont need to run the motor backwards
Old 03-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by todb
no you dont need to run the motor backwards
Thanks. good to know. One of the ESC I use wont allow me to do that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.