Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 08:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Been looking at this as a corr truck as my rehashed VE8 is quite heavy, is it worth the cost (considering no body / wheels and tyres) it's not cheap. The Stub axles are an issue that concern me, is Tekno going to fix (or even provide some guidance) on this? As I am in Australia, I'd be looking at $30 EMS freight to get some if I broke them during a race meet. Is the Losi better value?

Sort of torn between those two at the moment.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkl
There is a left and right one. Also make sure your nerf bars are on the correct side. There is a left and right nerf bar also. You can see on page one there are some good photos of the differences.
Hope that helps

Stealth beat me to it.
Thanks for the info, yes I know this, seems like the right side is wider. On my right side guard 3 of the 4 holes line up but on the left side only 2 of the 4 holes line up. I'll double check again...thanks for responding, you too Stealth!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Even with this axle breakage issue I truly believe the Tekno is still the superior truck. It's built like a tank. Has a TON of engineering in it and has some of the best customer service anywhere! How many companies have the owner come onto forums and help their customers on a daily basis and listen to what we want or need and actually do something about it. It's not just the initial purchase your paying for but paying for the support after the purchase is the way I see it. Danny is a stand up guy and really wants to build nothing but the best quality parts and kits out there and I feel he is doing quite well at it.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLbound
I did too, it's a great servo, if it works great in my 1/8 it will be great in my sct410
Are you guys with DS1015's running an external BEC? I put the BEC on mine just in case (rx8 ESC) cause I needed the BEC with a 1313 in my SC10 (RS ESC). But, if I can do with out the BEC I would rather remove it. Guess I can test it this week w/out the BEC.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by justinco
Are you guys with DS1015's running an external BEC? I put the BEC on mine just in case (rx8 ESC) cause I needed the BEC with a 1313 in my SC10 (RS ESC). But, if I can do with out the BEC I would rather remove it. Guess I can test it this week w/out the BEC.
I'm running a 1015 on one of mine with a Viper Esc with no external bec. It's doing great. I'm also using Futaba receivers though and not the Spektrum ones that have brown out issues with high draw servos.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MattP
I'm running a 1015 on one of mine with a Viper Esc with no external bec. It's doing great. I'm also using Futaba receivers though and not the Spektrum ones that have brown out issues with high draw servos.
Ok, maybe I'll try removing the BEC and see how it does. I am using Futaba receivers as well. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ok, maybe I'll try removing the BEC and see how it does. I am using Futaba receivers as well. Thanks.
Personally I would recommend sticking with the BEC. If you decide to remove it, do this following quick test. With you tires on the ground, turn the steering left and right while watching the light on the PT. If the PT light flickers while turning the wheels then you need an external BEC (i.e. the Castle one).
Old 03-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kcobra
Personally I would recommend sticking with the BEC. If you decide to remove it, do this following quick test. With you tires on the ground, turn the steering left and right while watching the light on the PT. If the PT light flickers while turning the wheels then you need an external BEC (i.e. the Castle one).
PT?

I will probably just leave it in there...I have it installed inside the receiver box and too lazy to open it and take it out
Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

PT = Personal Transponder
Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Someone asked about wiring.............
Attached Thumbnails Tekno SCT410 Thread-hobbywing-wiring.jpg  
Old 03-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default Optional Chassis

Anybody running the lightened chassis and prefer it over stock?
Old 03-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I was the one who asked about the wiring thanks for posting all the pics
Old 03-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
The Stub axles are an issue that concern me, is Tekno going to fix (or even provide some guidance) on this? As I am in Australia, I'd be looking at $30 EMS freight to get some if I broke them during a race meet.
The stub axels breaking is certainly and issue that is going to be considered by anyone looking to buy this truck. That's exactly why I think that Tekno will come up with a solution. The truck is simply too good otherwise to allow a problem like this to ruin it's sales appeal.

If I had to make the decision today to buy the Tekno I'd still buy the truck. I'd probably spend the twenty bucks to buy a pair of stub axels just in case, but I'd still buy the truck.

Keep in mind that not everyone is having trouble with the axels. One guy broke three in one night, yet many others including myself haven't had any problems. The problem seems really random so that makes it hard for Tekno to determine what's causing it, but I'm sure in the end they'll make it right.

They've been a stand-up company to this point. No reason to believe they'll change now.

Last edited by virgilj; 03-04-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
I did a search on this thread about how to get the motor mount to slide freely, but couldn't find what i needed. Anyway, my mount and motor slide are very tight and don't move feely at all when both M4 screws are backed off. Did you guys sand yours? Dremel maybe? I tried lubing it with some trackpower lubricant, but it still is very tight.
We had this issue on one truck in house (actually Danny's). Out of 25 trucks ive personally seen, this only happened with one.

Turned out it was a small tolerance issue on the motor mount. What I did was force the motor mount insert in the center diff motor mount a few times. It was best to do this with the center diff motor mount out of the truck.

I was then able to see where the anodizing wore off. This is where the manufacturing defect was. I then took a small file and took off about .1mm of material. I only took off a small amount of material at a time, so its best to file it a little, take a sharpie to blacken where it was filed then test fit it again. If the black mark from the sharpie wore off and was silver again, I filed a little more. Took about 10 minutes to fix it.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I've been running a DS1015 with a RX8 & a spektrum dsm2 receiver in my 1/8 for almost 2 years now with no issues what so ever (no external bec). This is exactly the same setup I have in my SC. I have heard of this issue but I haven't had it happen to me. I haven't run my SC yet, but I'm not expecting to have any issues. Knock on wood!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.