Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sramos420
i noticed on amain, the fioroni pistons are silver and on absolute hobbyz they are a brass color........is there any difference in these? hope someone can shed some light on this as i ordered from absolute hobbyz, but like the ones on amain but they are out of stock
All the Fioroni pistons are made out of aluminum. I ordered a set from Amain and another from Absolute Hobbyz and they were both aluminum.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I won't bore you guys with another video.

I wanted to go ahead and change the shock oils since I have mostly AE oils and wanted to see what AE oil would be similar to the supplied Tekno oils. I did reference the oil chart someone post earlier (attached below). I went with AE 35 front and AE 30 rear. To me the front and rear are slightly stiffer than stock. If I had to guess 32.5 front and 27.5 rear might be a little closer to stock.

I would say it jumped the same on the larger jumps but did seem to be more stable on the small short jumps with the same springs. It also felt like I could corner faster.
Attached Thumbnails Tekno SCT410 Thread-oilconversion.jpg  
Old 03-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Durango chart is a bit different
Attached Thumbnails Tekno SCT410 Thread-shock-oil-comparison-chart.jpg  
Old 03-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by virgilj
Anyone have any idea how close the setup on an EB48 is to the setup on an SCT410? I would expect them to be similar, I'm just not sure how similar.

The reason I ask is there's a setup sheet on the Tekno site by a fellow named Jason Breiner that is for the same track I run at only it's for an EB48. I'm just wondering if this could be a good starting point for the 410 set up.
Originally Posted by Cain
I would think a lot of it would be the weight he is seeing on the EB48 versus what you are on the SCT410. Personally, I say give it a go. Worse case scenario you may find you need to go slightly lighter on the suspension due to the weight difference.
I ran the same pistons, 5wt lighter shock oil (different springs), same diff oils in both cars last weekend and they seemed to behave quite similar. As for the camber links and such, the arm geometry seems to be a bit different but I would agree with Cain. A little lighter on the suspension and give it a try.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I pulled an all nighter Friday and managed to get my truck together and get an hour nap before heading to the track Saturday morning. After sorting out the electronics I only got one pack of practice before quals. Even with no practice and no 4x4 experience I took 3rd in my first qualifier and second in my second qualifier and started 8th overall in the A. Unfortunately my pinion fell off just a few laps in. Even with a 4x4 newb, box stock setup and improper offset wheels I was competitive with all but the tq driver. Yesterday I picked up proper wheels and it made the truck even better. I'm happy so far, especially since it has spare electronics (Castle Mamba Monster and 3800kv 4-pole). I'm running a Protek 130T servo at 7.0V and it is fantastic, too. A little bit of shimming got the included aluminum arm lined up fine.

Last edited by bdyche; 03-04-2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: I accidentally a word.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Really Like the new truck my experience thus far.

Pulled an all nighter as-well to get the truck ready for Jconcepts Supercup practice on Friday. Truck is top notch in quality, fit and finish, the truck is clearly designed by a racer you can actually get to the droop screws and any other adjustment for that matter. Truck is leaps and bounds above the competition in build quality and durability, its a 1/8 scale buggy basically. One small issue, one of the threaded inserts for the steering rack was too big and wouldn't fit in the bearing(sandpaper, drill motor, and 10 min)no problem. The Arms run tight in fact the whole truck is built on a tight tolerance it took 2-3 runs for it to break in and its quit noisy till that point.

Truck felt great in practice, the track is a mid to high bite, smooth clay, DD green's were the tire of choice. I noticed the weight however going from a MIP SCTE and it finally did in a puffy 6.6 nano I had for practice, you want to have good joints and good batteries with the Pro4/RX8 in combo with the weight of the truck it pulls some amps. For me the 4600KV Pro4 felt sluggish (considering motor change) however the truck was easy to drive but a bit loose in the rear under braking it did make for quick 90 degree turns however. I wound up with a 14T pinion and added more front drop and less rear to decrease steering under braking and transfer more weight to offset the loose rear.

Saturday The truck was loose in the rear controllable but loose I in fact thought I might not adjust a thing it was rotating so nicely. I did however remove both center and rear braces, Cha ching it was money on rails, and rotated nicely. Were I had feathered the throttle with the MIP in the upper rpm range on corner exit this truck grips and stays planted with a nice controllable amount of on-power under-steer, it likes to brake hard and quick roll on of the gas through mid corner, mid corner grip is in a word great, it jumps great, absorbs bumps great and punts scte's off the track due to its lower CG and weight. Finished 5th in the A main not bad for a new truck against a good field of drivers, I was hanging on to my MIP losi like a security blanket but after this weekend the things for sale.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by brian94066
The Durango chart is a bit different
I had this one too. I just wanted to make the change at a club race instead of a big event.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Shock_Oil[1].pdf (13.1 KB, 184 views)
Old 03-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Which one is considered more accurate?
Old 03-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

All right guys I finished building my new 410 this weekend and I have to say the design of this truck is over and above anything I have seen the tolerances are amazing and the ease of the assembly is kudos to the design engineer for Tekno. The product is second to none I can't wait to run it if everything goes right it will be wed night have to finish the wiring and set the steering. Tekno advertises built by a racer for a racer it is the truth anybody who is serious about racing should line up to get one I am so impressed I am going to order an EB48 buggy and start running 1/8 scale since this product is by far second to none. Thanks to Tekno for such a great product.

John
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bernard_Jr
I won't bore you guys with another video.

I wanted to go ahead and change the shock oils since I have mostly AE oils and wanted to see what AE oil would be similar to the supplied Tekno oils. I did reference the oil chart someone post earlier (attached below). I went with AE 35 front and AE 30 rear. To me the front and rear are slightly stiffer than stock. If I had to guess 32.5 front and 27.5 rear might be a little closer to stock.

I would say it jumped the same on the larger jumps but did seem to be more stable on the small short jumps with the same springs. It also felt like I could corner faster.
I personally like videos, keep them coming!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by brian94066
Which one is considered more accurate?
who knows but yours seems to match how the truck felt when i changed the oil better.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

how are you guys running your esc wires with the hobby wing esc and motor combo ? The posts on the motor are weird. Could some of you guys post some pics ?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
I personally like videos, keep them coming!
It just looks like the last race.

Track was under water Monday and we had a lot of sand coming out of it yesterday. We sprayed some "liquid traction" on it and just blew it off often. We did not blow it off before the 4x4 SC Main. So there was high traction in spots and loose sand in others.

http://youtu.be/QV0Ie3l3j4E
Old 03-04-2013, 12:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm going to take the advice and set-up the 410 like the EB48. mostof the things that are different are things I was considering anyway.

Right now I've moved all the wheelbase shims to the rear, lowered the camber arm by one spot on the tower, and stood the rear shocks up one spot on the tower. Hopefully this will give me a little more rear end bite. I'm running 7-7-3 in the diffs. For springs I'm using Xray progressive soft/soft in the rear and soft/med in the front. I have AE 32.5 in the rear and 37.5 in the front. For power it has a HW Pro SCT and a HW 3656 4000kv running a 16 tooth pinion.

I spent a good bit of time this afternoon driving over my makeshift jump. The truck now jumps with a slight nose up attitude no matter what I do. Tomorrow I'm headed to the track for a day of practice. There's been no rain so the track should be hard packed and dusty like it normally is. Should give me a good Idea of where I stand with the set-up of this truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.