Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by justinco
How is parts support for this truck? I mean, do you find yourself breaking stuff often and going to the LHS/online store for replacement parts?

I am looking to get a 4wd truck and looking at this truck and the new Ten-SCTE 2.0. Losi parts are always carried at the LHS, not sure about Tekno.

I currently drive an SC10 2wd and I break stuff all the time (truck is so fragile), so parts being readily available is a big deal. Do I need to worry about parts support for a Tekno like I do my SC10??
I drove a losi for about a year. Not the 2.0 obvisouly. Imo the tekno has it beat hands down. Ive been at the track everyday since I built the tekno. Raced it six times already. Out of the box I was one second faster than my losi with mip kit. 3 racers have this truck at my local track. Two truck have broken shock shafts, one broke an axle. The thitd driver has tested thefront bumper very well. I mean nose crashez so hard the losi bumper would have broke on the first impact. all that aside there is hRdly any wear on drive train parts, youd see wear after a day on the losi. Diffs dont leak, thats a big plus. Wheel and diff bearings still good. The losi well, you gotta be doing checks regulary. all this based on losi not the 2.0 , so maybe they fixed some of these issues. Hopethis helps.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jones8352
No way was I knocking the quality of your screw kit, I just wanted to know what alloy it was. 7075 is damned strong aluminum. I know you're talking about keeping your hexes in good condition. A worn out tool can turn a screw into junk real fast.
Oh no worries. I didn't think you we're knocking it. Plus i really only have the one extra set id like to get rid of. Im not really looking to get in the R/C screw business. One small business is enough for me. You did make me realize that I don't think I ever mention what grade they were.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
I'd give the stock setup a try as it is really good, only thing I've found was I needed a little heavier shock oil in the rear for my track and possibly a little stiffer spring although I haven't had a chance to test the changes yet. And unless you need the stupid amount of steering this truck has I would thicken up the diffs a little, I started with 5-5-3 and it has waaaaaaay to much steering so I'm gonna go a little thicker up front and in the center.
Is there such a thing as tooooooo much steering? The 410 is my first 1/10 racer, I've been racing 1/8 scale and loving it for some time now. That question just blows me away. I love coming up behind another sct and just out turning him, I love it and they generally don't! LOL The really cool part to me is when I only raced 1/8 all winter was just bla bla bla talk about racing, now I can actually go to places and race in the winter and still go fast. Can't get much better than that!

Last edited by jones8352; 02-24-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
I'd give the stock setup a try as it is really good, only thing I've found was I needed a little heavier shock oil in the rear for my track and possibly a little stiffer spring although I haven't had a chance to test the changes yet. And unless you need the stupid amount of steering this truck has I would thicken up the diffs a little, I started with 5-5-3 and it has waaaaaaay to much steering so I'm gonna go a little thicker up front and in the center.
Thank s, box setup is whete I was gonna start. Thinking about stiffer springs and oil for the rear too. I already put 7k in center diff, helped to k eep front tires from ballooning.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by r/c rob
I drove a losi for about a year. Not the 2.0 obvisouly. Imo the tekno has it beat hands down. Ive been at the track everyday since I built the tekno. Raced it six times already. Out of the box I was one second faster than my losi with mip kit. 3 racers have this truck at my local track. Two truck have broken shock shafts, one broke an axle. The thitd driver has tested thefront bumper very well. I mean nose crashez so hard the losi bumper would have broke on the first impact. all that aside there is hRdly any wear on drive train parts, youd see wear after a day on the losi. Diffs dont leak, thats a big plus. Wheel and diff bearings still good. The losi well, you gotta be doing checks regulary. all this based on losi not the 2.0 , so maybe they fixed some of these issues. Hopethis helps.
Yep, thanks. I'll keep doing some research. I'll have to call LHS's to see if they carry any Tekno parts. I've been in the situation many times with my SC10 where I break something and there are no parts available
Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jones8352
Is there such a thing as tooooooo much steering? The 410 is my first 1/10 racer, I've been racing 1/8 scale and loving it for some time now. That question just blows me away. I love coming up behind another sct and just out turning him, I love it and they generally don't! LOL The really cool part to me is when I only raced 1/8 all winter was just bla bla bla, now I can actually go to places and race in the winter and still go fast. Can't get much better than that!
Even with the 7/7/2 setup I was able to pass to truck on the inside of a very tight turn. It was in the main, announcer went crazy. I was stoked went from 4th to 2nd in one turn. However I think every track and driver has a "perfect" setup for them. I'm with you on passing on the turns tho, not too many other trucks are able to make it happen
Old 02-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Anyone have part numbers on springs that are a bit stiffer front and rear for the truck, and the best ones. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Yep, thanks. I'll keep doing some research. I'll have to call LHS's to see if they carry any Tekno parts. I've been in the situation many times with my SC10 where I break something and there are no parts available
I feel your pain. The best rig in the world ain't worth squat if ya break a part and can't replace it right away. The tekno trk is so well balanced too. The fit on this kit is outstanding. With the losi you would notice slop in the steering right away. Even after using the HA ball and new ball ends it be right back to sloppy after a pack or two.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
Anyone have part numbers on springs that are a bit stiffer front and rear for the truck, and the best ones. Thanks.
Check page one of this thread. I'm not sure on which ones are most popular tho. Think they run about 10 a set at Amain.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

First things first, this ain't no SC10 2wd truck. It's not fragile. I've seen this truck be thrashed pretty hard, as far as I know it hasn't broke yet.

Use the fact that parts aren't on the shelf to your advantage. Drive within your means and don't crash, it's called racing not crashing, and you won't need parts. More money in your pocket and a quicker path to really being "fast".

1 more... If your local network of stores or tracks doesnt' have SC10 parts, they surely won't have any Tekno parts...........
Old 02-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
First things first, this ain't no SC10 2wd truck. It's not fragile. I've seen this truck be thrashed pretty hard, as far as I know it hasn't broke yet.

Use the fact that parts aren't on the shelf to your advantage. Drive within your means and don't crash, it's called racing not crashing, and you won't need parts. More money in your pocket and a quicker path to really being "fast".

1 more... If your local network of stores or tracks doesnt' have SC10 parts, they surely won't have any Tekno parts...........
Thanks for the info...my LHS do have SC10 parts generally, rare occasions they have not. Still on the fence between the two trucks...trying to be patient and not order a Tekno tonight
Old 02-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by r/c rob
Even with the 7/7/2 setup I was able to pass to truck on the inside of a very tight turn. It was in the main, announcer went crazy. I was stoked went from 4th to 2nd in one turn. However I think every track and driver has a "perfect" setup for them. I'm with you on passing on the turns tho, not too many other trucks are able to make it happen
I'm with you 100%, it's like during practice with the little buggies like the Losi 22's. Those little suckers will get around you in a heart beat. Well not so much any more, the 410 with a good driver makes those little buggies not so hot. Oh man I had a great day at the races, almost too much fun and that's what it's all about imo!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jones8352; 02-24-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Also for guys worrying about their lhs not having parts Tekno ships really quickly anything they have in stock. I ordered my 17mm hexes and 3 days later they were here. From CA to VA that's pretty good for the cheapest shipping option they had!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Change your shock arm location to the farthest outside upper hole, this will help give your suspension a stiffer feel. You may need to even drop your fluid 2.5w front and rear. With the changed location you will also have the car much more planted.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Pink fronts and green rear springs would be one step stiffer than stock. I have gone back and forth between running a stiffer spring front and rear and have settled on the stock fronts (black spring) and the green rear. Oils wise, I have Slosi 37.5 front and 27.5 rear. I would suggest this for a medium bite indoor track.

Originally Posted by BLbound
Does anyone know what the stock pistons are? 10 holes & 1.2mm I'm guessing?
I am 99% sure that what stock pistons are.

Earlier in the week I mentioned I was running AKA Associated 4x4 offset wheels, part #23005. Here are the pics that somebody asked me to post. I dont have any rubbing issues or any ill effects.

At ride height:

Shocks compressed:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.