Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 10:33 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by m2cracing
Ok guys, now I am confused.
the truck I modeled this from has a 6 mm axle.
I know from past history that 5 mm axles are not strong enough on any of the
sct trucks.
Are you having troubles out of the 6 mm axles models?
And I really didn't now that we were going to get into a big issue with the retaining nut. We have been running this design on the Losi for a few years
now with no Issues that I am aware of.
but why not make everybody happy and put in the side retaining screw.
I have not anodized these as yet.

Is this what everyone wants?
That looks like a nice setup.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boborc
I can't believe Tekno cheaped out on the shocks with plastic caps and nut. What a kick in the ass. 60 more bucks to make them all aluminum what a rip off
Why do you want them all aluminum?

If any area I could think of that they could have not "cheaped out", that's not one of them.

And to be honest, the only area I can thing of really would be the aluminum hexes. that's pretty much it for me.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:46 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Cain

If any area I could think of that they could have not "cheaped out", that's not one of them.

And to be honest, the only area I can thing of really would be the aluminum hexes. that's pretty much it for me.
+1

I know of several guys running the plastic caps on the buggy and truggy actually...
Old 01-18-2015, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

sct trucks.
And I really didn't now that we were going to get into a big issue with the retaining nut. We have been running this design on the Losi for a few years

Yes for me and what i understand was the original reason these were asked for is the added strength. That is also why it was discussed to use the 6mm hollow tube axle from the eb
Old 01-18-2015, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

sct trucks.

Yes for me and what i understand was the original reason these were asked for is the added strength. That is also why it was discussed to use the 6mm hollow tube axle from the eb48.2 or superlight conversion axles. The problem with those is that they were too long with any other adapters pushing the width out passed roar rules. There isnt really much of a point to them if they just fit the original axles that for some are just too weak and problematic. I dont think that there is too much advantage to using 17mm wheels on the original axles unless you just have a bunch because of other vehicles that you own. The product does look nice and i will be one of the first to switch when the bugs get worked out. I know that some made by m2cracing previously already fit but the pin was just in the wrong place and were still just too wide. It was a few weeks back on this thread when you guys m2cracing first started asking about requirements.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain

I have built many and still see guys racing them with plastic caps. Its a non issue with durability. Now if you want the bling ok then.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Do the Alum shock caps seal better than the Plastic caps ?
Old 01-18-2015, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Do the Alum shock caps seal better than the Plastic caps ?
I wouldn't really say that. But they are nice to have, just incase you have just that right crash, and less chance of cross threading. IMO But I never seen a plastic one fail on my personal stuff or at my home track.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:33 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boborc
I can't believe Tekno cheaped out on the shocks with plastic caps and nut. What a kick in the ass. 60 more bucks to make them all aluminum what a rip off
I'm going to be honest...your posts are very seldom positive. The plastic shock caps work absolutely fine on this thing. This is hands down the best 4x4 short course truck on the market IMO (and probably most others as well).
Old 01-18-2015, 03:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by bds81175
I'm going to be honest...your posts are very seldom positive. The plastic shock caps work absolutely fine on this thing. This is hands down the best 4x4 short course truck on the market IMO (and probably most others as well).

Except them 4mm axles that's quite a weak point over time
Old 01-18-2015, 03:58 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have broken a plastic shock cap. It was a crash and not normal wear tear though. When the truck was first announced I was really hoping for a EB48 level spec with all the cool parts (at least at the time) and wouldn't have minded paying a little more for it as well. I too was a little disappointed at first, but I have no complaints with this truck. The plastic pieces have been durable (except the hexes and servo horn) and I have upgraded when parts broke or received as presents. Like others have said, the plastic shock caps are even desired by some.
I'll say it too, best truck on the market.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
I need steering in my truck, can anyone point me in the right direction? Box stock setup, accept for rear shocks on outer hole in rear, and shock oils. Ride hieght at 27f/26r, droop 102/119. -1 degree camber on all corners.

Would a change to the rear hole on the ackerman bar give me more steering? Mostly on power steering is where I need help.
Typically for more on power steering you would look to the diffs. A thicker front oil and/or thicker center oil would give you more on power steering. With out knowing more it's hard to say. where are the shocks on the top position? Stock is the pink fronts yellow rears? the stock setup steers pretty good. but typically it's the diff oil that will get you the on power steering that you are looking for.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
Just pointing out the problems as I go along so others know. Just ticks me off when I have to wait for parts when I allotted time to do some building and in 5 minutes I'm back to the honey do list
Old 01-19-2015, 05:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

wow, you've made great progress Mitch, i'm glad you got the parts you needed to get this worked out so quickly. if given the option i would prefer them made from the eb48.2 axles as well. i understand that requiring people to buy the additional stubs over stock might be a turn off to some, but for others they can see the benefit of the stronger, more reliable axle.

in that second picture from 1/17/15 what would the track width with those be ? the hex looks a little wide.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

whats everyone running in the diffs for highbite clay indoor? Im running 7-7-5 right now but it pushes like crazy. Also, i went to try out the LRC rear brace and when installed i have a gap between the brace and the arms. Its about a 2mm gap that i can see hinge pin, are their different inserts or something needed to use the LRC brace?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.