Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoese37
Track too abrasive?
No just loose, figured with temps getting close to 80F, a super soft wouldn't work so well in loose conditions. I could be wrong though.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by honda237
No just loose, figured with temps getting close to 80F, a super soft wouldn't work so well in loose conditions. I could be wrong though.
Im running AKA Grids right now and have an order for AKA Impacts which are working great on my EB48. Another guy at the track tried my Enduros on his ebuggy and said they were great I have a set mounted for my 410 just need to glue them. Just some suggestions seeing how the track I run on sounds like the same type of surface but ours is a little abrasive. Im really liking the feel of the Impacts and all of my tires are in soft compound. The wear on the Grids on the 410 after 3 races at the track the fronts are gone and rear still have some life. So Im going to go to Impacts which are wearing great on the EB48.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Losi diff oils

Originally Posted by nanoverse
Had the weirdest thing happening. My truck felt strange and thought that old tires are to blame. Scratched my head and checked the Losi diff oils that I tried out. The bubble seemed to be moving noticable faster in the 5000wt bottle than in the 3000wt. Well checked how fast they run out of the bottle. Again the 5000 appeared to be looser compared to the 3000. Rechecked diffs in hand and the 5000 seemed looser.

The markings on the bottle were screwed!
Yep same thing here- been using Mugen fluids, all good😄
Old 05-30-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rich D
Yep same thing here- been using Mugen fluids, all good😄
+1 I only use Mugen diff fluids, they last longer than the others (haven't tried PT yet) and are very consistent bottle to bottle.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Default Nissan Titan

Well I have decided to try the Nissan Titan body again, I wont make the same mistake I did last time in cutting out the 2 extra little triangles and make it too frail. In following the thread and hearing all the good things about it especially from you FQ06 so I am giving it another go. I tried to sponge the paint and I can honestly say that I blew it in trying that but oh well as long as it go's fast you cant tell.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Indoor med-hi bite tracks the AKA Typo's are a God send, I have been using the super soft, they have a good amount of life for a super soft low tread depth tire. They hook up everytime no matter if it is a little wet or starting to dry up. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ha! That's my strategy when I botch a paint job... drive faster

The only holes I cut out were the downforce vents, the top vents cut created a crack on the last body but it was nearing the end of its lifespan anyway. I have not noticed any ill effects from less venting on an indoor track.

Last edited by fq06; 05-30-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rc-007
I don't know...if I bought the kit then I'd have to buy tires/wheels and a body..thats a lpt of money but we'll see. No one runs tekno around here...it's Losi land lol
If you race in Losi land then buy a Losi. Or get a Tekno that's bullet proof, nothing tuns lile a Tkeno and nothing is as tough. I have both Losi and love it, race day my Tekno always gets the nod. I raced mine every week for close to a 1 1/2 years before I broke a part and that was the result of hitting a steel beam at about 30 mph. The main reason I race my Tekno over my Losi is the Tekno is a bit easier to drive and it consistently turns faster laps. Trust me if my Losi turned faster laps my Tekno would turn into my practice rig.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looking good Chuck, I might have to try out that body
Old 05-31-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JRapid
Looking good Chuck, I might have to try out that body
Thanks man. The thing held up super good through the first race night and was it one heck of a race night, they didnt have enough expert drivers so they combined Sportsman and Expert and wow what a difference. I havent been in so many wrecks or taken out so many times in my entire life! Finished second and I was lucky to do that. But here is a pic of how the lid held up only damage was to the stickers, it also drives good as long as I had on the side air dams.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragon6502
Im running AKA Grids right now and have an order for AKA Impacts which are working great on my EB48. Another guy at the track tried my Enduros on his ebuggy and said they were great I have a set mounted for my 410 just need to glue them. Just some suggestions seeing how the track I run on sounds like the same type of surface but ours is a little abrasive. Im really liking the feel of the Impacts and all of my tires are in soft compound. The wear on the Grids on the 410 after 3 races at the track the fronts are gone and rear still have some life. So Im going to go to Impacts which are wearing great on the EB48.
Same hear and on that note is that normal to roach out the fronts before the rear and if not what can I change to stop the uneven wear.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChuckTee

Thanks man. The thing held up super good through the first race night and was it one heck of a race night, they didnt have enough expert drivers so they combined Sportsman and Expert and wow what a difference. I havent been in so many wrecks or taken out so many times in my entire life! Finished second and I was lucky to do that. But here is a pic of how the lid held up only damage was to the stickers, it also drives good as long as I had on the side air dams.
hey CT;
I had a problem with cutting out the upper rectangles, it made that center post between them too weak, next body i will cut them a little smaller leaving a bit more meat around the center area maybe even cut at 45 deg angle at top for strength.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rvinvents
hey CT;
I had a problem with cutting out the upper rectangles, it made that center post between them too weak, next body i will cut them a little smaller leaving a bit more meat around the center area maybe even cut at 45 deg angle at top for strength.
This is my second go with this body, the last time I messed up and cut out the 2 triangles beneath and it was way too frail, I am hoping that it will be strong enough but only t i me will tell. I know what you mean though it does look super weak, hoping it's thick enough. If it does bust then I will have to move on to the next body to try. I really like the Evo PL body but they didn't have any at the LHS and I am trying to buy ALL things from them. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HOBBY SHOPS.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lala4fire
Same hear and on that note is that normal to roach out the fronts before the rear and if not what can I change to stop the uneven wear.
Yes. The fronts have less weight on them during acceleration and spin more due to the center diff. More spin means more wear.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

My savox servo died on me last night lucky a friend had an extra one I was able to use. I bought it new in February and it is under warranty for a year and I was just wondering if you guys have had experience with returning to savox?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.