Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wreckya
Never thought I would have to run such light oil with these fioroni pistons so until I get to the LHS or order the stuff I use I have 30f 27 1/2r. But gonna try light springs black on back and maybe pink on front.
you might be alright with that oil i just ran my fioronis for the first time tonight and went with 27.5 f 25 r green springs f&r felt a little soft but i got used to it I may try a bit heavier oil,( i am running emulsion) i also tried the black springs front and pink rear, way too soft for my liking (indoor high bite clay)

Originally Posted by wreckya
So none of u guys build your shocks standard w/vented aluminum caps huh?
just built a set of these tonight for my cousin and i think some vacuum is normal if you have the shaft all the way in when you tighten down the cap.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Bobby,

They are 3352y on mine. The letter is for the color.
Thanks Jason. I just ordered and received the 3352b's. Same rim just in black. Rims fit very nicely on the Tekno. Does not have the axle sticking through the nut that was shown on a pic a page or two back. I will reference with next post.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rvinvents
chucktee;
what hexes do you run, +0,+1, or +2mm?
that may be the key, (see pics) +0 hexes leave about 4 threads showing, and the borrego wheel leaves them exposed to catch on pipes, the proline F-11 sits deeper but leaves the nut exposed too, maybe I should cut off excess threads flush with the nut and see if that ends the problem?

above with +0mm hexes.
Sorry for bringing this up again guys but did you get the axle breakage issue resolved? As some of the other posts mentioned its got to be hex width or the rim. I just purchased the Jconcept Hazzard rims and they fit nicely on the axle with no threads exposed.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChuckTee
I have been stuck on these FTW Diamondback body's for a minute, I really like the performance and the way they hold up, I do a small layer of shoe goo around the bottom edge all the way around only like 1/2 an inch just to keep the cracks from starting. My first one is a bit over 2 months and its still rolling strong and looking good. I do have to cut a it out of the rear wheel well in the back due to it rubbing when the tires expanding and making that God awful sound. Here is the newest one rattle can paint as always
is your rear mount raised at all? my body sits awfully low! rubs alot
i just trimmed out more fender well material!
show your inner body pic with shoe goo treatment
do u run indoor and outdoors?
Old 03-28-2014, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi there , does anyone have a purple and a pink rear spring they could post side by side pic of ? I cant tell if the truck I bought has the pink or purple , the color is kinda in the middle ...
Old 03-28-2014, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The pink is very pink.Like this.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

ok .. Let me ask this , I dont see a "purple" listed for the fronts . I bought the truck off a racer , was there another "purple" spring that was popular to run on the front ?
Old 03-28-2014, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Do you have a green front to compare to? That should be softer than green if its pink and stiffer than green if its purple... don't remember if there's a purple front but I know the purple rear is really stiff so a purple front will also be very stiff if it exists.

Edit, looks like purple front does not exist. Is the spring purple or black with just the color on top of the spring coil?
Old 03-28-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Either Serpent, Kyosho or Xray. you could count the coils.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
is your rear mount raised at all? my body sits awfully low! rubs alot
i just trimmed out more fender well material!
show your inner body pic with shoe goo treatment
do u run indoor and outdoors?
I have the rear mouning post all the way down but im not sure if I am using a rear or front post? I will try to post a picture of it and I will post a pic of my shoe goo treatment. I have been running indoor only because we lost our outdoor track but I used to run outdoor as well.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

shoe goo
Old 03-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

yes please post a pic of the mounts
that you are using if its all fronts or rears or ?...
thanks

Last edited by boudin4evr; 03-28-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fq06
Do you have a green front to compare to? That should be softer than green if its pink and stiffer than green if its purple... don't remember if there's a purple front but I know the purple rear is really stiff so a purple front will also be very stiff if it exists.

Edit, looks like purple front does not exist. Is the spring purple or black with just the color on top of the spring coil?
Originally Posted by Hoese37
Either Serpent, Kyosho or Xray. you could count the coils.
Its just black with the color on the top of a coil. its awful plush to be the stiffest spring they offer. I noticed in the tekno option catalog , the purple spring has purple on two coils , mine does not . However it no where near the shade of the light pink i see now . so , im just going to have to count coils and measure and see whats what. thanks for the help , i notice this thread is pretty quick compared to some others i have been around.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
thanks
No problem, in the pic I posted my truck is in the back and if you zoom in you can see which post I am using its the ones that have the slanted landing with the straight post not the post that angle at the head. I think I am using 2 fronts, not sure but I like the way it works with the bodies.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

What chargers are you guys using? I am using a hitec h1 and it's starting to wear down and I am looking at chargers so thought I would ask.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.