Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7
The track I race at has no rear bumper rule, no front bumper rule, no minimum weight rule, no maximum width rule...as a matter of fact, the only "rule: that gets strictly enforced is "pay before you practice"

I'm a little skeptical about your claim that "most" tracks require front and rear bumpers. But maybe you travel more than I do.
It's what defines SCT as a class, if rules are that lax I would just run a light weight buggy setup with maybe a SCT body vs. wing for show.

The point of the bumpers is so you can make contact with other trucks without getting tangled up.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
Congrats on ordering a BA sct When I order directly from TeknoRC it usually takes three days for the parts to arrive at my door from CA to FL. Ordering directly from teknoRC also guarantees that you'll get A++ customer service plus the latest and greatest goodies.

Did you order any optional parts?
Thanks! I ordered the angled rear diff case. Wanted to get springs but don't know where to start. Someone also said get larger bearings not sure what that means??
Old 02-13-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

I'm having a real hard time getting rid of all the rebound when running plastic caps with bladders. I reamed out the side bleed holes and push the shaft all the way up (giggidy) and let it bleed out, but then when tightening the cap down the shaft always pushes out.

Do I need to run them vented when running bladders? I didn't want to open it up and allowing more dirt into the shocks.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Badcompny44
Thanks! I ordered the angled rear diff case. Wanted to get springs but don't know where to start. Someone also said get larger bearings not sure what that means??
Originally Posted by TeknoWebsite;
TKR5016B – Gearbox (rear, angled, 5x13x4mm bearing)

*Requires new larger 5x13x4mm bearings (TKRBB05134).
Hope that helps
Old 02-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Matt1970
Just ordered mine this morning. Starting to get dialed in with original chassis so hopefully this only makes it better and not start all over again with setup.
Make sure and run the front and rear brace at least and re check the ride height due to the lighter chassis and that's about all you have to change when switching chassis.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
Takes time, nice job, and beautiful truck!
Thanks
Old 02-13-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChuckTee
Make sure and run the front and rear brace at least and re check the ride height due to the lighter chassis and that's about all you have to change when switching chassis.
Ok. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mizchief
I'm having a real hard time getting rid of all the rebound when running plastic caps with bladders. I reamed out the side bleed holes and push the shaft all the way up (giggidy) and let it bleed out, but then when tightening the cap down the shaft always pushes out.

Do I need to run them vented when running bladders? I didn't want to open it up and allowing more dirt into the shocks.
I'm running emulsion now, but when I was using bladders, they were vented. Might have just a slight bit of dust in top of bladder when rebuilding during outdoor season, but elminating rebound never was an issue for me with vented.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt1970
I'm running emulsion now, but when I was using bladders, they were vented. Might have just a slight bit of dust in top of bladder when rebuilding during outdoor season, but elminating rebound never was an issue for me with vented.
I'm going to install the bleed screw on top so i can seal it back up after the shock build and see if that fixes the rebound issue.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

I'm going to install the bleed screw on top so i can seal it back up after the shock build and see if that fixes the rebound issue.
No it wont fix your problem. Let the shocks sit for at least 10min, just to eliminate the chance of air bubbles. You have too much oil in the shocks after putting the bladder on. You should push the bladder in with your forefinger and just lift the edge a little bit to let excess oil out.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default Loose Rear

Originally Posted by fq06
My two cents...
Try one at a time in this order
Forward ackerman hole.
Rear shock oil @ 20wt and rear shock back to hole 3
Front toe closer to 0°
I run 2.4 sway f&r, maybe before you buy to try swap your f&r sways so stiffer is in the front. If you are spinning coming onto the straight the rear sway is too soft... may need 2.4 & 2.4.
I moved ackerman up 1, set front toe to zero, and moved rear shock on tower back 1. Loose rear seemed a little better. Anti-squat moved to middle.

I changed rear oil to 20W and made big difference.

Then shortened rear link and moved down 1 on tower. Not really sure that helped. Don't think it hurt either.

Changed front spring from yellow to green and went from 30W to 25W. That seemed to help jumps a little more and maybe even loose rear.

Rear still gets away from me occasionally and a little squirly in turns. (usually high speed) but it's more controllable now. Couple other racers mentioned at end of night how much faster I looked.

Heres my latest setup. Suggestions welcomed.
Attached Thumbnails Tekno SCT410 Thread-jcp-2-12-14.jpg  

Last edited by Matt1970; 02-13-2014 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention also moved anti-squat to middle.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes, it WILL likely fix your problem. I've been through the same thing. The air on top of the bladder gets compressed and won't allow zero rebound, especially if you're building/bleeding with the bladder fitted into the cap first. Drill the vents, build/bleed the shocks with the vent hole open, and with it still compressed, THEN screw in the screw with O-ring(unless you want vented). It worked for me. When I used to build the other way, putting the bladder on the shock body first, it wasn't as bad, but since I started building/bleeding with the bladder fitted into the cap, I found it much easier and probably will never go back, you just need to assemble it vented as I described to get zero rebound.

Last edited by kevinpratt823; 02-13-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi there,
I just have a quick question that maybe someone can answer here. I been thinking of getting the 410 and then the light weight conversion for buggy light and I was wondering if anyone has done it and what weight did the buggy come in at with 2 cell and an SCT setup with motor and a speed control. I kinda want to know the difference between doing this and maybe just getting an eb48.2. I heard at one time the buggy was 8oz heavier then the SCT. My current 1/8 e buggy is a pig and there isn't much I can do to put it on a diet and loose 6oz to be legal.

Thanks for your time
Old 02-13-2014, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I have a used roller on the way with eb48 lightened chassis, lightweight center shaft, cnc rear hinge pin holder, angled rear diff case and 1.4 shock pistons. Knowing that I will obsessively spend money on this thing like I usually do on new rc's, looking for suggestions on how to spend the next $125 or so. Shock pistons? CF towers? Shock seals? Anything that could significantly impact performance on an outdoor 1/8 track?
Old 02-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StPete40
I have a used roller on the way with eb48 lightened chassis, lightweight center shaft, cnc rear hinge pin holder, angled rear diff case and 1.4 shock pistons. Knowing that I will obsessively spend money on this thing like I usually do on new rc's, looking for suggestions on how to spend the next $125 or so. Shock pistons? CF towers? Shock seals? Anything that could significantly impact performance on an outdoor 1/8 track?
i think i know the truck you bought (smurph's?). it was setup with matt wolters setup i believe. there wasn't a lot of time on that truck so you shouldn't need shock seals or anything replaced because of wear. CF towers are nice, removes weight up high. as far as the pistons, i'd wait and run the truck first and see how you like it before going that route.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.