Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by egobrkr
HOLY CRAP! I thought I was the only one using a 2pole novak. Now I don't feel alone anymore.
I run nothing but novak in my sct410. The 4.5t Ballistic 550 coupled to the active8. Can't go wrong with a 14t pinion while pushin 30° of timing through esc. This thing is fast as hell and Comes off @ 160 after 8 min main. Matter of fact, I was running the Pulse in the tekno with the same settings without issues. I decided to pull it out to use in my mod 2wd sct. Novak is top notch!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Is there more than 1 version of this truck? If so so how can you tell which has the latest updates?

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I think I finally got the nose down issue sorted out. On my first pack I went up in shock oil from 35/30 to 40/35, 8x1.3 Tekno pistons, and stiff orange/red springs. The truck nose dived on almost every jump, especially ones with a steep jump face. On the corners, it was more planted with less body roll. The constant nose dives were too much so I had to make more changes.

On the next pack, I kept the shock oils but went with green springs all around. Wow, what a difference! The truck jumps level now and even goes nose up if I stay on the throttle too long. In terms of handling in the corners, it was a tiny bit too bouncy and kinda pushed on 180 turns at the end of the straight. Maybe I need to change how I approach this turn driving-wise, not sure. My local track's clay is high grip and damp so I lowered my toe-in to 3.5, went up from 2.3 to 2.4 rear sway bay(2.2 front), and lowered ride height to 25mm all around. It's much better now. I need more track time to see if the changes stick because on my last 2 packs, I was breaking in some new JC gold Bar Codes and the new tires made my truck super loose.

Overall, I'm liking this truck more and more each day.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyljock
I run nothing but novak in my sct410. The 4.5t Ballistic 550 coupled to the active8. Can't go wrong with a 14t pinion while pushin 30° of timing through esc. This thing is fast as hell and Comes off @ 160 after 8 min main. Matter of fact, I was running the Pulse in the tekno with the same settings without issues. I decided to pull it out to use in my mod 2wd sct. Novak is top notch!
I switch between a 16t and 15t. I also swap between #3 and #4 throttle profile. With very good success. If its slick I use #3 if there is tons of traction I use #4. Come off around 145-150. What is your start and stop rpm?
Old 12-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
I think I finally got the nose down issue sorted out. On my first pack I went up in shock oil from 35/30 to 40/35, 8x1.3 Tekno pistons, and stiff orange/red springs. The truck nose dived on almost every jump, especially ones with a steep jump face. On the corners, it was more planted with less body roll. The constant nose dives were too much so I had to make more changes.

On the next pack, I kept the shock oils but went with green springs all around. Wow, what a difference! The truck jumps level now and even goes nose up if I stay on the throttle too long. In terms of handling in the corners, it was a tiny bit too bouncy and kinda pushed on 180 turns at the end of the straight. Maybe I need to change how I approach this turn driving-wise, not sure. My local track's clay is high grip and damp so I lowered my toe-in to 3.5, went up from 2.3 to 2.4 rear sway bay(2.2 front), and lowered ride height to 25mm all around. It's much better now. I need more track time to see if the changes stick because on my last 2 packs, I was breaking in some new JC gold Bar Codes and the new tires made my truck super loose.

This is very interesting. I've always felt going heavier it got better. But regardless I'm glad you got it figured out.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

I am glad you seem to have it worked out finally, it takes a little time but once you get it dialed its the best truck I have ever driven. Good luck
Old 12-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sramos
This is very interesting. I've always felt going heavier it got better. But regardless I'm glad you got it figured out.
Yeah I really tried to get the shock package to work for me, But it seemed like I had to go even heavier in oil just to slow the spring action down, which would probably be way too stiff.

By the way, have you ever tried going higher in center diff oil to 15k? 7-15-5 What would be the end result?

And would going up in sway bars benefit med-high bite tracks? From 2.2/2.4 to 2.3/2.5 or 2.3/2.6?

Originally Posted by ChuckTee
I am glad you seem to have it worked out finally, it takes a little time but once you get it dialed its the best truck I have ever driven. Good luck
Thanks.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChuckTee
Wanna know what you guys think, I wanna build a super light eb48 conversion, not sure if I should run a 2s set up or go full out 1/8 scale? What do you think? I am leaning towards the 2s
I have ran both set Ups, 2s is great fun and plenty quick enough on the right track but really depends on what you're competition is, scte is about 450g lighter. 4s with a shorty works well and is not a great deal heavier than the 2s set up and the big battery you would have to run. 3s and an sc motor is very quick but no advantage weight wise. I have been looking at the 1900 kv pro 4 to try with a 4s shorty
Old 12-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

By the way, have you ever tried going higher in center diff oil to 15k? 7-15-5 What would be the end result?
I tried 7/20/5 once and it seemed to transition from off power to on power way faster. It also dramiyicly increased the braking. It was a handful to say the least.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

That is 1 reason I use 6 hole pistons. I am not a fan of going that thick on oil. For me I didn't like how the piston action felt with that thick of oil.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just installed the +1.5 degree rear outer hinge pin brace, wow it really stretches them pins out. Seems like its gonna put a lot of stress on the plastic pin holder cups that go in the brace. Anyone else running this? any problems with it? And will it give me more rear grip? running med grip indoor track.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I installed the aluminum driveshaft and its bent quite a bit, and I'm pretty sure once I get to the track I'm gonna experience quite a bit of vibration. Anyone else run into this problem?
Old 12-07-2013, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

It has been a busy couple weeks for me, traveling for Thanksgiving, so I figured I'd check in with a "short" race report.

My wife and I were traveling to Washington for Thanksgiving week, so we made a stop on the way up at the A Main Turkey Shoot Out, held at OutBack Raceway in Chico, CA on moist clay. It was a lot of fun and I managed to get up to 2nd in the main, but then not having slept kicked in and mistakes ended me in 4th.

On the way back from Washington, we stopped in for the opening race at RattleSnake Raceway's new track in Redding, CA. Everybody was really friendly, even while being competitive, and it drew some folks down from Oregon as well as from the greater NorCal area. I ended up taking both the TQ and the win in 4wd SC, in part due to a different tire selection from others, where mine worked better on the damp start and theirs worked better on the loose dust at the end. It was close and I had to be defensive at the end, but it was good fun racing! I also managed to get my eBuggy up to 2nd in a packed field, but ended up with 3rd after making a mistake. It became a long battle and my pressure got 2nd to make a mistake going into the final turn, but instead of driving around them I was so close I hit them (they rolled over sideways in front of me). That was also a good and really clean race. I think if it were my normal track, I'd soften up the springs and oil a bit on both of my setups to help deal with the ruts that formed by the end, but it was awesome to be on a real off road track where conditions changed and you had to be able to adapt to different lines. Here's some video of the SC race (we got a friendly local novice racer to point the iPad for us).

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Then once back to my home track at NorCal Hobbies I completed the final outdoor series, finishing 1st in the series for both eBuggy and 4WD SC, while my wife picked up 3rd in Sportsman 4wd SC for the series.

Lastly, tonight NorCal had a guest up from SoCal with his Tekno and we had a pretty good battle for a bit in the 4wd SC main. I ended up with the win after we were both making small mistakes, but being a local I think my recoveries from the mistakes made them have less impact. Another clean race and lots of fun.

In all of the above, I ran a slightly modified Curtis Door setup on the eBuggy and my normal NorCal Indoor setup on the SCT410 (with slightly less ride height and a thicker rear anti-sway bar for the high bite NorCal series, and about an extra 2mm of droop at Rattlesnake), which you can find here:
http://norcalhobbies.com/content.php...oor-2013-06-09
Old 12-07-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I had my best finish with both the sct410 and the en48 over Black Friday weekend. Was at the turkey bowl at McCulloughs Off-road raceway and placed 3rd in both classes! This is a big deal to me because I have been racing only since April of this year and have just recently switched to tekno vehicles. I was racing against some super fast guys. I had a losi scte mip convert and had it dialed but it was so maintenance intensive. So I sold it to pick up the sct410. Honestly I was discouraged At first with it. I couldn't get it dialed in. So I went back to stock settings and started over. And now it's dialed in! I love this thing! Just want to say thanks to Sramos for the setup help!
Attached Thumbnails Tekno SCT410 Thread-image.jpg  
Old 12-07-2013, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wreckya
I installed the aluminum driveshaft and its bent quite a bit, and I'm pretty sure once I get to the track I'm gonna experience quite a bit of vibration. Anyone else run into this problem?
The shaft my kit came with was bent and the aluminum shaft that I put in was bent. My guess is that it happens to the aluminum shaft somewhere along it's jorney shipping or at the warehouse, I doubt Tekno is sending them out bent but most people receive them bent. Maybe better packaging would help, maybe a box and bump the price $1.

Anyway, just put a pen or whatever you want on the lipo tray pushed against the shaft and turn the spur. That will show you right where the high side is and push it over with your hand. Turn it again and find the next (smaller) high side and push that in. Repeat it a few times and your shaft will be true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.