Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom2tone
Another random question... I just started racing at a off-road carpet track. It's my first time racing on carpet. Someone suggested Schumacher mini pins for tires. Does anyone have experience with these?

I saw amain has them but I don't know which compound to get. I assume hard compound since they are back ordered... Thanks

when the track was open i ran carpet with my sct410. Someone took videos, bit shaky (too much zooming in) but here you go (this was prior to solving the nose down issue), using yellow mini-pins:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

my driving sucks as you can see lol. Still was trying to figure out the car but I figured going up to at least 3.9lb or more springs up front, 2.9 lb rears, and was looking at stiffer sway bars too, like 2.8 front and 2.6 (I had stock on there from what I recall).

For diffs I believe I was at 7-7-5 or 7-10-5 . For rear toe, I think I ended up at the last time the track was ran (no vid, practice) at 3.5 degrees toe for more rotation.

The big thing I found with the mini pins is that they grip like velcro. If its legal at your track, don't get much better. Yellow compound, and you need foams, I went AKAs. They are kind of a b**ch to glue.

no carpet here to run now, so if you need a set I have the ones I used I can sell ya if you are having trouble finding some.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by turtletrax
Does anybody make solid wheels like a 1/8 buggy?
DE Borregos
Old 11-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7
Let me tell you a story about great customer service...

First, a little about myself. I'm an old school RC racer who got away from the sport when everything was turning towards nitro. The lure of brushless motors and lipo packs brought me back.

I'm not a front-runner. I'm still trying to knock the rust off my driving skills and it's taking me a while to get that going. I pretty much run in the back of the pack, try to stay out of the fast guy's way and try to get faster every week. I'm still having fun back there, so don't feel bad for me.

I run at the weekly club races at San Diego R/C Raceway, a large indoor clay track with medium bite.

Last night, I was talking to Pres Ilog - AKA Team Driver/Tekno Team Driver about some setup issues on my Tekno SCT410. He was very patient with my questions, very friendly in his approach. Just a nice guy, and that's rare in this sport! And the topping on the cake he hooked me up on a brand new set of Typos (That's not what they say on the sidewall ) in Super Soft, a set of wheels and then took the time to glue them up for me. He checked back with me after each heat and the main to see how they were working for me. The tires worked great on SDRC's surface and I think they're only going to get better as they break in.

A big thanks to Pres Ilog and Tekno! I wish more team drivers would take a lesson from this and remember where they started. Actions like this will make a customer like me very loyal.
I can relate, I have a similar story to share from last night.
I havent ran my Tekno in about 2.5 months, actually havent been racing anything at all. Since I started running it, I havent been 100% with it, Its been twitchy and unpredictable. Last night it was super twitchy and John Bernard jr was at my local track. He didnt bring his Tekno, but he did take mine for a spin and helped me tame it down some. He even emailed me his setup so i'm going to try that next.

I really hope I can get this thing where I can drive it like I did my Losi and my SC10.2 4x4 (converted RC8.2 into a SC) I could easily push both of those vehicles and they felt consistent and predictable.
Thanks again JB!
Old 11-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom2tone
Another random question... I just started racing at a off-road carpet track. It's my first time racing on carpet. Someone suggested Schumacher mini pins for tires. Does anyone have experience with these?

I saw amain has them but I don't know which compound to get. I assume hard compound since they are back ordered... Thanks
Proline z3 mini pins are carpet specific, Shumacher mini pins, depends what class your racing but with the sct410 at TNL, dboots nanos are an option. Really all your preference, I use handlebars at MBRC carpet or worn proline z3 compound
Old 11-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Guys so if I have a 1/10 buggy, 1/10 2wd SC and 4wd SC and a 1/8 buggy, what setup station should I get?
Old 11-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i thought that's what sponsored drivers were supposed to do. of course I'd help no matter what you were running Doogie.

Still wish I would of brought mine. Then you could of just tried it. Maybe SCRC in a couple weekends. I'll come rub some fenders with you guys next time.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

Was anyone able to break free on this beautiful turkey day and get some driving or track time? I sure wish that I was able to.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChuckTee
Was anyone able to break free on this beautiful turkey day and get some driving or track time? I sure wish that I was able to.
2 hours playing VRC pro if that counts lol
Old 11-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Nevermind
Old 11-29-2013, 02:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys, I just bought a SCT410 and was wondering what would be a good motor to run with a RX8 Gen 2 ESC? Our course is a medium (leaning towards small) size bumpy outdoors track. I'm new to 4x4 SC coming from a fairly new RB6 2wd and am looking for something that will keep the motor cool and not a rocketship. I do intend to race in the future if this works out well. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:12 AM
Tech Addict

tekno sct410...319.99 at amain..just thought it was worth a mention...
Old 11-29-2013, 05:19 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beaven
tekno sct410...319.99 at amain..just thought it was worth a mention...
plus the 25.00 coupon.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
when the track was open i ran carpet with my sct410.
Wow...you've got turm in.

Master a car that rotates like that and you'd be tough to beat. A 2WD buggy couldn't turn under you.

In Europe, I understand carpet racing with 4WD SC is a bonifide class.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wolven
Hey guys, I just bought a SCT410 and was wondering what would be a good motor to run with a RX8 Gen 2 ESC? Our course is a medium (leaning towards small) size bumpy outdoors track. I'm new to 4x4 SC coming from a fairly new RB6 2wd and am looking for something that will keep the motor cool and not a rocketship. I do intend to race in the future if this works out well. Thanks in advance.
A tame motor for now, a 2 pole like a Novak motor.
Or a motor that you can grow into, a 4 pole motor like a hobbywing 3656sd 4000kv motor.
http://www.falconsekido.com/products/xrm3656sd
If your track requires you to run a ROAR motor, tekin pro4 but most all do not care.

You have a lot of tuning options with that RX8. You can calm the motor down until you grow into it and then turn up the wick. You can put curve (expo) into the ESC to calm down the first 25% of the throttle trigger travel, run 30% - 50% current limit to again take some of the punch out. You can reduce the endpoint (dual rate) of your radio so that even with full throttle pulled you are not getting 100%. Take what you want out.

You can make a screaming fast motor slow as molasses.

That way you don't have to buy a motor twice
Old 11-29-2013, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

I also would go with the HW 4K motor... They work great and are the best deal for the $

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.