Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
Finally got this truck dialed for my liking running on indoor clay(sdrc), lot more fun too drive now and feels real planted
Good to hear you got it set up for you. Yeah it's always more fun when you are driving good and pulling fast laps as opposed to being all over.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham11
Guys I'm racing a lot more now in 1/10 and 1/8 and need faster charger. Can someone recommend a charger and power supply or a combined option? Like $200 area? Would the Hyperion eos 0720i be good?
That's a pretty good charger but reading tolhe info on it sounds like you need a power supply to use the full 20amp charge rate.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChuckTee
Good to hear you got it set up for you. Yeah it's always more fun when you are driving good and pulling fast laps as opposed to being all over.
yea my average lap time improved about 2seconds, still about 2.5secs from the fastest lap at our track
Old 11-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

I recently aquire the bce chassis from Bill over at BCE speed. I would first would like to recognize him as being truly passionate about what he does and what a nice guy to deal with he is.

Now on to what you guys are really interested in.

For starters i do understand that the stock chassis shown is on an eb48. When i traded my RC8Be for the EB48 that is the chassis that was on it. And as you can see the black anodizing was either intentionally scratched off or something along the lines of that. Nevertheless it is the stock sct chassis.

also pardon the golden battery in my sct i color code my batteries and this one is reflective.

The bce was truly just bolt on. As you can see i strayed away from what others did and i kept pretty much all of the battery sidegaurd intact. I had to shave some off the bottom of the sidegard ( the lip thing) and trim a little off the end. But i have a battery side gaurd cut all the way down like recommended so i can easily switch. The finish on the bce chassis is great as well. This was taken after a full day of racing. (so please pardon me for them being dirty). setup wise i ran all the braces except for the rear only because i lost the rear brace. I need to work on setup more but i could definitely tell the difference before and after. With the bce chassis there is a lot more rear traction under acceleration. my truck would square up better than it did before. I look forward to running this chassis and further dialing in my setup. Im also thinking about picking one up for my eb48.

Tekno SCT410 Thread-20131110_211413.jpg

Tekno SCT410 Thread-20131110_211426.jpg

Tekno SCT410 Thread-20131110_211329.jpg
Old 11-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wreckya
What thicker towers?
The eb48 towers. It's been suggested to me to use them because they are supposed to be stronger than the stock sct towers
Old 11-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xXblitzXx
I recently aquire the bce chassis from Bill over at BCE speed. I would first would like to recognize him as being truly passionate about what he does and what a nice guy to deal with he is.

Now on to what you guys are really interested in.

For starters i do understand that the stock chassis shown is on an eb48. When i traded my RC8Be for the EB48 that is the chassis that was on it. And as you can see the black anodizing was either intentionally scratched off or something along the lines of that. Nevertheless it is the stock sct chassis.

also pardon the golden battery in my sct i color code my batteries and this one is reflective.

The bce was truly just bolt on. As you can see i strayed away from what others did and i kept pretty much all of the battery sidegaurd intact. I had to shave some off the bottom of the sidegard ( the lip thing) and trim a little off the end. But i have a battery side gaurd cut all the way down like recommended so i can easily switch. The finish on the bce chassis is great as well. This was taken after a full day of racing. (so please pardon me for them being dirty). setup wise i ran all the braces except for the rear only because i lost the rear brace. I need to work on setup more but i could definitely tell the difference before and after. With the bce chassis there is a lot more rear traction under acceleration. my truck would square up better than it did before. I look forward to running this chassis and further dialing in my setup. Im also thinking about picking one up for my eb48.

Attachment 1132562

Attachment 1132563

Attachment 1132565
Looks good! But be careful running without the rear brace on the BCE, I know Bill recommends it under all circumstances.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egobrkr
That's a pretty good charger but reading tolhe info on it sounds like you need a power supply to use the full 20amp charge rate.
I thought it had a built in power supply?
Old 11-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Well, my Tekno rides were about the only good thing this past Saturday. The 24hr 30min day started out with a bang. About 3 miles from the track along my 2hr drive I hit a deer on the freeway.

WRL 3.2 at Sparks Park RC Raceway had just over 250 entries making it the largest WRL to date. Sparks was a smooth high bite clay track on the east side of Columbus, Ohio.

I struggled with traffic and contact all through qualifying and even threw a solder failure in there.

I started 8th on the grid and had to work through quite a bit of rough traffic. I was able to reel in the leader and take over the lead, but made a few mistakes and ended up falling short with a 2nd place B-Main finish.

Again, I was very disappointed in my over all performance, but my cars were awesome all day long and I got several compliments and was able to share dialed Tekno love all day. I also got to watch Ramos lay it down all day!

Some setup sheet action:
Old 11-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
Looks good! But be careful running without the rear brace on the BCE, I know Bill recommends it under all circumstances.
i have one on its way but i laned some big jumps in the flats and no harm was done
Old 11-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham11
I thought it had a built in power supply?
It does but read the info on it. It says the power output is lower when using the internal power supply. It says a 2s 5000mah can be charged at a 2c rate which is 11amps. I charge my 2s 5000mah at 10amps and 35000mah takes about 20mins to full charge. I am now thinking about getting this charger instead of the icharger 106B.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for with the charger...just to keep up with more batteries or really fast charge times. It sounds like you want AC, but that you're willing to go DC. Since this is off topic from the thread, I'll keep it short.

I currently use a ThunderPower 820CD and have no complaints when tied to an old 25amp power supply. If you want to go name brand, it is a great charger and does up to 20 amps per port (power supply permitting), and has IR measurement in it too to track battery health. It isn't cheap, but it is high output and a dual charger.

I've also been using some of the Thunder 620s on occasion, and am currently building a charging briefcase around them. They're smaller and lighter, do up to 30 amps, also do IR, and have been reliable thus far. They're cheaper, and the only downside I've found is that the discharge or storage (when discharging) is REALLY slow. They're also DC, but there's an AC version of it too. You can find them here:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thunder.html

And lastly, I've contemplated picking this up as a travel charger, dual ports again, and AC, but only 8 amps/100watts per, good enough for slightly more than 1c on the 7200's we'd be running in our pair of SCT410s though when visiting places. It looks promising, but I've got no experience with it directly:
http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=4660

As for indoor medium bite, check out my setup sheet here and see how it compares to yours. Feel free to let me know what you think. Several folks have loved it on our damp dirt mix indoors, including Austin Blair when he drove it. I've got a slightly different anti-sway bar setup on it now with a more 180 happy track layout to free the rear a little more, but that's all I changed from the setup sheet posted here (which locks the rear down quite a bit):
http://norcalhobbies.com/content.php...oor-2013-06-09
Old 11-11-2013, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is this still the truck to have or are the others pretty good now? Any word on a .1 soon?

Last edited by turtletrax; 11-11-2013 at 04:31 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Icharger 308 duo and 4010 duo are the charger to have right now
Old 11-11-2013, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turtletrax
Is this still the truck to have or are the others pretty good now? Any word on a .1 soon?
In a word, yes.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

Looking for some set-up help here. I'm running an indoor medium grip track and having trouble to get my truck feeling like it's "planted". It seems a little "tipsy" and sometimes losses traction in middle to exit of turns. It also seems to bounce a little too much at times.

Front
Yellow tekno spring
35W AE oil
8x1.3 pistons
shock positions, links, etc. pretty much stock
droop 100mm

Rear
Red Tekno spring
30W oil
8X 1.3 pistons
Shock positions, links, etc. stock except upper tower in one more hole from stock
Droop 118mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.