Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2-shot
Not a weird question. I started with the 3 wires already soldered to the ESC. Then I figured out how long each piece of loom needed to be and cut it. Next I stripped the 3 wires and tinned them. After the wires were cool enough, I slid the loom on and cut my shrink tube to the length I wanted. Slid the heat shrink tubing on over the loom and lined up the end of the shrink tubing to the end of the wire insulation and shrinked the tubing on. I let it set for a couple minutes and then soldered my wires to the motor. Really easy to do and makes the wiring look a little better.

Hope that helps ya!

[IMG][/IMG]
Looks awesome but looks like you used the 1/8th in sleeve but if you get the 1/4in it fits alot better and you cant see thru it at all.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GTOmike
If you were to get rid of one of the motors which would it be and why?
I'm still trying to learn all this motor stuff and want to make sure I don't regret my purchase.
In my opinion, since the HW motor can take timing (the black can with the silver heat sinks around the middle) I think you can get the top end speed you need no prob if you ESC can do timing.

To me at least, I liked the HW motor enough (4000Kv version) that I sold the Tekins I had as I felt the power delivery and ease on the ESC was what I was looking for.

Mind you though, the Tekin 4300Kv HD is a beast so if you go that way you will still be happy.

As for escs to use in the Tekno. If you are looking for ESCs on the cheap, the Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro works quite well actually. I used that for awhile and my daughter uses it now until I switch her over to a VTX8, mainly as its water proof. But outside of that, its one heck of an esc.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Anyone running the PL evo sc body, if so how you like it overall, durability, flight, fitment on the tekno etc, I just picked one up to try out
Old 10-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
Going to finally try new stuff from stock, 8x1.3s, green springs rear, new shock oils and possibly 7/10/5 and 7/10/3 in the diffs currently 7/7/5, hope to feel a good outcome and see it run better then it already does
You run at SDRC right? How has that setup worked out for you? Did it get rid of the push?
Old 10-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
In my opinion, since the HW motor can take timing (the black can with the silver heat sinks around the middle) I think you can get the top end speed you need no prob if you ESC can do timing.

To me at least, I liked the HW motor enough (4000Kv version) that I sold the Tekins I had as I felt the power delivery and ease on the ESC was what I was looking for.

Mind you though, the Tekin 4300Kv HD is a beast so if you go that way you will still be happy.

As for escs to use in the Tekno. If you are looking for ESCs on the cheap, the Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro works quite well actually. I used that for awhile and my daughter uses it now until I switch her over to a VTX8, mainly as its water proof. But outside of that, its one heck of an esc.
Thanks for the reply. Either motor will be ran with a tekin rx8. I'm just looking for a motor that has more torque behind it than the tenshock sc411 4600kv I had in it before. Compared to my buddies sct410 with a pro4hd 4300, the tenshock was lacking.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply. Either motor will be ran with a tekin rx8. I'm just looking for a motor that has more torque behind it than the tenshock sc411 4600kv I had in it before. Compared to my buddies sct410 with a pro4hd 4300, the tenshock was lacking.
If you need more than the tenshock 4600. Then the hw 4700 will work great and it keeps up with the pro4hd real well. You just need a big track with that motor. I have used both.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xDIEGOx
You run at SDRC right? How has that setup worked out for you? Did it get rid of the push?
Yup SDRC, I only race Saturdays and the parts didn't make it but there in so tomorrow I can try it out, last week I dropped to 27.5 ae oil in the rear with full rebound, 2 bumpstops and non vented bladder and the truck felt better, so tomorrow I'll throw in the 8x1.3s all around, green springs rear, drop front oil to ae 35 from 37.5 and also going to try 7/10/5 since I have to replace spur gear anyways, last week a small portion stripped but still drivable, looks like something got caught up in the mesh but I'll let you know how it goes
Old 10-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sramos
Tekno, have you thought about offering shock shaft bushings for upper eyelet to be sold individually so we won't have to buy a whole parts tree? And maybe made of a different material like delirium so they won't wear as fast. I'm starting to obtain a bunch of shock parts in my parts box due to buying the tree to just replace that top bushing. Just a thought, and I'm sure everyone would be stoked about it.
I made mine from 1/4" delrin rod. Bored a 4mm hole and they are much tougher than plastic.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Nice tip, the OD fits nice & snug?
Old 10-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes it fits nicely.
to drill the hole properly you need a lathe
Old 10-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We don't need no stinkin lathe
Old 10-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default One Million!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sramos View Post
Tekno, have you thought about offering shock shaft bushings for upper eyelet to be sold individually so we won't have to buy a whole parts tree? And maybe made of a different material like delirium so they won't wear as fast. I'm starting to obtain a bunch of shock parts in my parts box due to buying the tree to just replace that top bushing. Just a thought, and I'm sure everyone would be stoked about it.
Originally Posted by Mototech
+1 Besides a couple of inner hinge pins the upper shock bushings are the only part that has worn out on both my 410 and EB48. I just installed new ones last night and they seem to fit tighter than the originals.

+ 1 MILLION
Old 10-25-2013, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

I wouldn't get rid of either. The 4300hd has way more torque than the HW.
But the HW is alot more cost effective. Not as ineffecient the HB will run longer on one battery.
But if your gonna get one motor and run 2s my suggestion is orion 160a esc and the 4300hd. This is the smoothest combo out there in my opinion.
But I can't say if it has more orque than the tenshock. Tenshock are amp hogs and grunt with the best of them. Most speedo companies don't recomend any tenshock motor, because of the amp draw.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
Anyone running the PL evo sc body, if so how you like it overall, durability, flight, fitment on the tekno etc, I just picked one up to try out
I like it. The back had to grow on me but overall I like it. You have to cut alot out around the wheels. Mounted close to the forward holes on the hood

Old 10-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default Please!?

Originally Posted by colormegone
yes it fits nicely.
to drill the hole properly you need a lathe
Can you send me 10?
Thanks,
I will pay you for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.