Search
Like Tree14Likes

RCshox products and services

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Shark413
Marcus, I got your DEX210 rear shock tower and I was wondering which way should it be installed. One side is flat and the other is slightly machined, none of the holes are countersunk so I am not sure which side should be facing forward.

Thanks
It can go either way depends on MM or MM which is why its not countersunk.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
It can go either way depends on MM or MM which is why its not countersunk.
Marcus, I am running the RM configuration. Machined side should face front or back?
Old 03-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Shark413
Marcus, I am running the RM configuration. Machined side should face front or back?

It does not matter, either way will work.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
You are taken care of, will refund shipping later today. I am off for a 30mile bike ride (gotta keep my old azz in some sort of shape!!)
You got mail...
Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Default PRE-ORDER OPEN ON V2 CENTER DIF!

Ok folks since the beginning of the center dif revolution it has been a known fact that some of its shortcomings were the ability to adjust "dif" action. Seeing as it is a ball dif no where in the existence of RC has there been an adjustment for this type of differential . Well once again RCshox, as promised, is changing the history of RC racing! It took me a long time to get this perfected and i have spent countless hours at the track, on the CNC machine and doing CAD work on my PC and have come up with an amazing solution. But before I get to that there is another issue with the system that not many of you are aware of. The thrust bearing assembly only uses one hardened washer from the factory which is fine with a slipper because it is all that is needed but since the Cdif is constantly working over time the "hat" washer wears a groove and becomes gritty. I also felt i needed to address this problem so I had some thrust bearings custom made for the SC104x4 as well as a custom spacer to make it all fit! Now back to the actual ball dif,
this is the power chain:
pinion to spur
spur to carbide balls
balls to dif rings
dif rings to F/R dif

The balls are what is actually doing the differentiating and by nature it is a smooth process. That is wonderful for a front or rear differential because the driving force is going the same way with basically the same force. But on a center ball diff it has the tendency to quickly go to where traction is the least available hence "diffing" out on high bite tracks. So here is the RCshox solution (this is just a demo drawing, not to scale or even accurate)

So here is how this works: When accelerating, the spur gear drives the pins into the balls, since both the pin and the ball are hardened (pin is not as hard as the ball) it will slow down the ball since it is a single pressure point instead of a concave pressure point that gives virtually no resistance. This is adjustable via the number of pins you install in the spur gear. You want "thick" dif action load up all 10 pins for a high bite track! you want "thin" dif action (low bite track) take them all out! and anything in between for different track conditions/ grip levels. There are other benefits to this as well, since it is pressure sensitive the harder you accelerate the tighter the dif becomes so you get the same "loose" dif benefits under deceleration, very controlled braking as well as better "in air" adjustments. This IS the ultimate upgrade for your SC10 4x4!

Shipping is looking like late March early April, please do not email me asking for a date, as soon as i know you will all know!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Sweet!
Just want to make sure that the center diff I ordered Monday will still go out as V1.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
Sweet!
Just want to make sure that the center diff I ordered Monday will still go out as V1.
yes
Old 03-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks!
Can't wait to try it out!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Sweet, I just ordered an upgrade version for mine. I can't wait to get it, but understand that it's going to take time.......... Thanks again Marcus for all your hard work.......
Old 03-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

very interesting, so you're using centrifugal force kinda. very cool.

lets see some vids of this in action.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Got the center diff today v1 nows theres a v2 ;(!!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

So the V2 center diff upgrade kil will consist of 10 pins and a new spur if I understand the drawing and description?

I'm curious about the longevity of the pins as they appear to be a wear item
Old 03-09-2012, 06:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jimmer411
So the V2 center diff upgrade kil will consist of 10 pins and a new spur if I understand the drawing and description?

I'm curious about the longevity of the pins as they appear to be a wear item
12 pins (2 extra, they are small!)
new spur
Thrust bearing assembly

I have had the same pins in my truck for about 6 weeks now and they show a wear mark but no indentions. they will be available separately so its not a concern!
Old 03-09-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

for the V2 diff, and I appologize if this is obvious but I wanted to confirm what pieces if any are NOT available separate?

Would you recommend the V2 diff for carpet or are you still better off using a basket setup?
Old 03-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cain
for the V2 diff, and I appologize if this is obvious but I wanted to confirm what pieces if any are NOT available separate?

Would you recommend the V2 diff for carpet or are you still better off using a basket setup?

Everything is available seperately.
V2 and Dual garodisc can both be setup up to work. The Cdif is more forgiving and not as aggressive. it just depends on condition and driving style

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.