Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Legend

racer

Correct, the piston never does touch the bladder, but when the piston moves up into the body ?

The oil it displaces pushes against the bladder & that is where the extra pack comes from...

The oil stretches the bladder to allow the piston to move up .

BDW
I already ditched my booties , less striction with out...
Old 05-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Now that I agree with.........did I just say I agree with cherry...
Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toiffel
Just finished
Looks like you are still using the camber arms at the length in the manual and using the inner mounts. If you haven't already, check page 1 of this thread and see Chris Jarosz's comments about using the inner or outter mounts.

Otherwise, nice truck!
Old 05-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Sorry to correct you ..

The reason bladders have more pack is not due how much air gets mix with the oil ..

When the piston push's up against the bladder that makes more pack .
The piston must stretch the bladder a little to be able to move up inside the shock body....

Remove the bladder and the piston does not have to fight to go up and thus more traction & less pack...

The rebound for the shock can be set the same for both , thus no difference in performance between the two in regards to rebound...
Again, you are wrong. The shaft displaces the oil, and the oil displaces the air bubble. It doesn't matter if the air bubble is behind the bladder or thousands of tiny little bubbles mixed up in the oil. The shaft volume is constant, the amount of air that needs to be compressed is constant, and the force of the air pushing the shaft back out of the shock body is constant. Air is compressible, fluids are not. The piston and the bladder do not interact in any way except as a barrier against mixing. This is all simple hydraulics 101.

It is also FACT that as the gas increases in an emulsion, that the viscosity decreases. Simple fluid dynamics.

I have yet to see an emulsion shock be built with significant rebound. In order to do so, there needs to be too much air emulsified into the oil for the shock to function correctly. What I do see is hydrolocking when trying to get decent amounts of rebound. Again, IMO, no reason to ever do an emulsion build when there's a choice...it's a step backwards in technology and tunability.

For someone with as many posts as yours, I'd have thought you would have learned a little more about how suspension works by now
Old 05-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Super Coupe
I want to see some pics people!
Here is mine all built and ready to go. It's my older GFX Designs Body pictured! New Body is being paited by GFX designs as we speak - it's the one in my Avatar.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Ridley
Again, you are wrong. The shaft displaces the oil, and the oil displaces the air bubble. It doesn't matter if the air bubble is behind the bladder or thousands of tiny little bubbles mixed up in the oil. The shaft volume is constant, and the amount of air that has to be compressed is constant. Air is compressible, fluids are not. The piston and the bladder do not interact in any way except as a barrier against mixing. This is all simple hydraulics 101.

I have yet to see an emulsion shock be built with significant rebound. In order to do so, there needs to be too much air emulsified into the oil for the shock to function correctly. What I do see is hydrolocking when trying to get decent amounts of rebound. Again, IMO, no reason to ever do an emulsion build when there's a choice...it's a step backwards in technology and tunability.

For someone with as many posts as yours, I'd have thought you would have learned a little more about how suspension works by now

Emulsion or bladder, neither is better than the other unlike what you claim , its just another tuning option guy ..
Old 05-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Again, you are wrong....
Emulsion or bladder, neither...
Hey, the other 99% of us no longer care about your never ending shock debate. Please start a new thread or something.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Emulsion or bladder, neither is better than the other unlike what you claim , its just another tuning option guy ..
Well, if more consistent throughout the course of a race isn't better, than no, I guess using the bladder isn't better

An emulsion shock changes throughout the course of a race as the air bubbles become finer and finer...if thats something you want, by all means, go for it
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

since I'm so 'financially challenged' I'm ripping the servo out of my ftsc10 (hitec 645) and using that for now. hope it works ok till i can afford a REAL servo.
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

heres a tip:

If you plan to keep the rubber shock boots. place a small hole in the 2 middle Bumps as when they compress quick the hold air. and act as a big ol bump stop. work great with holes.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
Hey, the other 99% of us no longer care about your never ending shock debate. Please start a new thread or something.
You should care, if you want to learn something about tuning your truck. If you would like to stay in a state of ignorant bliss, I will gladly remove myself from this thread
Old 05-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Sorta on topic question here.....

Now with this big stash of 4x4 wheels, are you guys fitting these on your 2wd SC10s? I want to hex convert mine, but I don't want a ghetto solution. I know most previous conversions were with thicker wheel hubs.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Legend

Sorry , think it is a important tuning option and useful for many.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 99 (99%+)
Questions??

Has anyone modified the rear chassis to make it easier to tighten the motor when using a 550 Novak with a 15t pinion? If so got any pics?
Old 05-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

You should care, if you want to learn something about tuning your truck. If you would like to stay in a state of ignorant bliss, I will gladly remove myself from this thread
I did care until it went back and forth 10 times. I think everyone understands emulsion vs. bladders by now if they didn't already. But I was incorrect to speak for others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.