Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

For anyone who is interested.

I ran the truck for the first time this past weekend at one of our local club races. I built the truck, put on HD slipper pads, did the saddle conversions, and drove. Ran all night without a single issue. TQ, and won the A main. I am running a reedy sonic 550 4.0 motor, Orion R10 pro ESC, orion 90c saddles, and the B44 lipo cradle. Car ran fast and cool all night, had no slipper issues, but ordered the MTK clutch basket just in case. Arrived in 2 days. Will keep updating, and hopefully can copy down my setup and get it posted for you guys after this weekend.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:07 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
RINGRINGRINGRINGRING

Bananaphoooooooooooooooooone...

~~~~~~~~~~~

Congrats. What's gonna power it? How is the shock setup working for you on the 4wheeler?
I'm still running my Castle 1415/MMP. I can't fall out of love with it's bulletproof'ness.

The shocks are at:
Emulsion
Front - 35/1.2/Yellow
Rear - 30/1.2/Blue

~and it's like heaven.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

What's the "needed" upgrades you're talking about, you have?
I just didn't want to start the whole argument again. I have sway bars, clutch basket and chassis brace.

Last edited by Evil Genius jr.; 12-29-2011 at 05:00 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
What's the "needed" upgrades you're talking about, you have?
I just didn't want to start the whole argument again. I have sway bars, clutch basket and chassis brace.[/QUOTE]

sways
bastket
brace

seems more than enough to me.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Is this a good starting point for spares?

The spurs are more for tuning but also for spares.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Perfect. only I would buy 3 62T spurs and not buy the other sizes. grab some idler gears while your at it.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Thanks. I have a couple of idlers already. I also have servo horns, bellcranks, slipper hardware and body mounts.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

get rid of the AE A-Arms, they'll just warp, invest into the RPM A-Arms instead as they're more durable and don't warp and flex like the AE ones.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Sounds good, anything else?
Old 12-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brosho
Has anyone mounted a Tekin RX8 ESC on the right side rear (spur gear side) of the truck? if so does it put much stress on the belt housing or on the RX8? Since I am going to run a 550 size motor in this truck, I want to put some weight on the opposite side of the motor, by placing the RX8 there. Also I want to leave the Receiver box in the stock position. Anyone have any luck with positioning the RX8 this way?
Ditto on what jsamarin mentioned.

Here is a pic
Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-test.jpg  
Old 12-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
And here's where we part company.

I have heard Dale Epp from Protoform complain about how he will release a body and find people who are knocking it off counterfit copies from China a week later. Copycat products errode margins, hurt volume, and make it difficult for companies such as your employer AE to introduce new and innovative products because someone else 'steals' your work. To date, no one has provided any differentiation between the clutch basket Billy makes and the original he seems to have simply copied. In my mind that makes him exactly the same as the Chinese counterfeiters. I suspect your employer feels the same way.

While I can understand your professional desire to defend him (as AE has a good working relationship with Fastlaps), and empathize with your personal desire to see me stop "harping" on him (because you obviously think highly of Billy), I am at a loss to understand with what standing you have to express it. That is, and I mean this in the most respectful way, I don't see how you telling me to "let it drop" is any business of yours.

Of course, I'm always open to change my mind when presented new facts. Just like I did on the top of this post. So if you or Billy would like to explain why his product isn't an absolute knock off copy (in both form and function) with no differentiation or extra value from his competitors product, or why it's your job (or the last guy who did it) to be his proxy, or why you or your employer have any standing to tell me I'm wrong because I have real issues with the ethics and business practices of companies who "clone" products, I'd love to hear it.

Sincerely,

Me
My post had nothing to do with being employed by AE. It has to do with the fact that this thread doesn't need even more drama. Every day there is something new to argue about, so why add more fuel to the fire? It doesn't matter how many times you call his basket a "clone" or say he's ripping off someone else. Billy is still going to produce what he wants to produce, and sell. Have you ever checked out his website? He sells other stuff as well, not just a clutch basket.

Again, it has nothing to do with where I work or who signs my paycheck, Billy is a good friend of mine and a great guy. There's no "professional desire" to stand up for him.

And if were talking about Chinese ripoffs, whats the difference between his clutch basket, and other people's chassis braces that they are selling on the thread?
Old 12-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bburns
I switched to aluminum b/c they clamp on and stay. I was having problem with pulling the wheel off and the hex was stuck in the wheel. Which could also cause you to lose the pin.
So I guess it depends on what wheels your running. I'm using the proline renegade's and snug on just right to where they don't have much play, but don't having be forced on the hub and don't pull the hex off when removing the wheels.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
So I guess it depends on what wheels your running. I'm using the proline renegade's and snug on just right to where they don't have much play, but don't having be forced on the hub and don't pull the hex off when removing the wheels.
Pretty much, all my jconcepts were a tight fit to get on and off. I just prefer to have aluminum hexs.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MooseDrool
For anyone who is interested.

I ran the truck for the first time this past weekend at one of our local club races. I built the truck, put on HD slipper pads, did the saddle conversions, and drove. Ran all night without a single issue. TQ, and won the A main. I am running a reedy sonic 550 4.0 motor, Orion R10 pro ESC, orion 90c saddles, and the B44 lipo cradle. Car ran fast and cool all night, had no slipper issues, but ordered the MTK clutch basket just in case. Arrived in 2 days. Will keep updating, and hopefully can copy down my setup and get it posted for you guys after this weekend.
nice job!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think we should make a policy that if you have a gripe/drama take it to PM.

Lets keep it civil and technical. I for one would love to Chris Jaroz from AE participate more in our discussions. It would be cool if some of the other sponsored drivers from AE came in here too. I'm sure they know this thread exists.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.