Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Smith
Ok thanks. Are you going to let everyone know when the products come in and arent a pre order any more?
Yes, for sure.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Yes, for sure.
Ok. How about the center chassis are you guys going to sell them with holes pre drilled?
Old 12-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

since there are way too many posts of coyoteslash's to reply to about this, here it is (please do not flame me, i have used the link to the upgrades, but just have a question!): what exactly is the advantage of the...errr..."pinned shaft"? i'm not even sure what exactly this means, as i just built mine i'm not familiar with it yet. thanks to all.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I just stripped a 32P spur somehow
Old 12-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcboy1
since there are way too many posts of coyoteslash's to reply to about this, here it is (please do not flame me, i have used the link to the upgrades, but just have a question!): what exactly is the advantage of the...errr..."pinned shaft"? i'm not even sure what exactly this means, as i just built mine i'm not familiar with it yet. thanks to all.
It helps on a blown out/low traction/dry slick track where torque biasing isn't your friend.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Ok. How about the center chassis are you guys going to sell them with holes pre drilled?
Yes, we will. They are currently being drilled out.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

They should be here before then. Shipping Priority is 3 days in the USA, so my guess is yes, but don't quote me on it. Our Factory is so overloaded right now that they have been taking longer than usual to deliver product.
The conversion looks great. I don't feel like trying to figure out where to drill on my own. Could you PM me the info on pre-ordering the conversion please? thanks.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Yes, we will. They are currently being drilled out.
Ok I didnt see the chassis on the website. Are you waiting till they are done being drilled? And how much do you think the chassis will cost?
Old 12-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default amazing

amazing people are begging please dont flame me because of ignorant souls on this thread,one being mentioned by this gentleman here.. looking from outside in,everyone sounds like a bunch of kids bickering a few pages back,and many more,then a moderator comes on and its a rat game he said rather SHE said.. i can only imagine how some of you not all are at the track crying like babies when they lose,'i shoulda went with a pinned shaft damn it,only if i had a chassis brace'.. idk man this crap does happen on some threads but it just seems the "SC gang" are kids," i was first to post this mod here because i was on neo buggy at 3am and saw the ryans did it at the last race,i posted it on pg 93.. grow up,leave people with a life other than this thread alone and let someone who cares answer the question.. the pinned mod gives full time 4wd,more on power steering,lil less off power steering,and better braking.. someone correct me if im wrong for this guy but i dont think i am.. keep the interest here,remember its an AE thread,stop punking people,half the guys probably got there trucks on for sale thread with this crap.. i love my all my AE buggy and truggy and personally have had atleast 7-8 guys switch to AE this past year from whatever junk thet were running by being informative to all those who ask for info and setup tips.. let kids be kids and grow up!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:25 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by king revo
amazing people are begging please dont flame me because of ignorant souls on this thread,one being mentioned by this gentleman here.. looking from outside in,everyone sounds like a bunch of kids bickering a few pages back,and many more,then a moderator comes on and its a rat game he said rather SHE said.. i can only imagine how some of you not all are at the track crying like babies when they lose,'i shoulda went with a pinned shaft damn it,only if i had a chassis brace'.. idk man this crap does happen on some threads but it just seems the "SC gang" are kids," i was first to post this mod here because i was on neo buggy at 3am and saw the ryans did it at the last race,i posted it on pg 93.. grow up,leave people with a life other than this thread alone and let someone who cares answer the question..
Then get out?

There is so much assumption of character, personal characteristics and plain arrogance in what you just said... It astounds me. The Fact he actually tried to find the information and was overwhelmed with the results leaves enough to be understood and a respectful answer was coming without you defecating from the mouth about how us SC guys are kids.

God Forbid RC being fun and allows a guy to be immature for an hour out of the day to make the rest of the day a little more tolerable. Keep your buggy garbage away from me, with your other end of the spectrum "my sh*t don't stink" mentality calling us children. Good Day.

Hey Rcboy. Yeah, The easy answer is as Craig said it. Big blown out tracks where that Power Bias'd actually hinders performance is where the pin shines. Those indoor sticky tight tracks, the pin is 99% of the time removed and the decoupled slipper shines then. I loved my pin setup because I was on a track that asked for it. But it "is" a Tuning option, not an upgrade.
I'm giving you this link for the picture because it's the only place I 'know' where the picture is. Not trying to plug you to spend money. You can do it by yourself with a steady hand or drill press if you're interested: http://www.rctech.net/forum/9849521-post9849.html

(btw, you did exactly as expected from us to try to find it. Asking a question is fine. You can always PM me too.)

Can't wait for that Balldiff.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

The shorty pack does fit "inline" any idea's on a battery strap?

Pics are at:

http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/...Picture012.jpg
Old 12-28-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
I just stripped a 32P spur somehow
I've stripped two.

My pinion seems to really want to divorce my Motor Shaft... >_>
Old 12-28-2011, 11:29 AM

The shorty pack does fit "inline" any idea's on a battery strap?

Pics are at:

http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/...Picture012.jpg
Two pieces of material around either side
-the B44 hardware posts
(You're basically slimming the saddle setup by narrowing the "pocket" but you use the same hardware for the posts.)
- use the saddle pack hold down at a Diagonal.

couple drilled holes to make it work and it'll look good too? Maybe someone's got an easier idea.

Or a Battery Velcro tie down? Kinda ghetto but it works.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
I've stripped two.

My pinion seems to really want to divorce my Motor Shaft... >_>
I had a ton of trouble getting the pinion off the motor, well I can verify a 15T pinion fits through the hole with a hammer . I had to hammer the pinion off and the set screw was out. What would be the cause of a stripped spur? I just want to try and prevent it again.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
I had a ton of trouble getting the pinion off the motor, well I can verify a 15T pinion fits through the hole with a hammer . I had to hammer the pinion off and the set screw was out. What would be the cause of a stripped spur? I just want to try and prevent it again.
Well first, Something going on with that motor. If it's "that" stuck it might be twisting cock-eyed on the motor shaft. Try a new pinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.