Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

i got money for my kit. all most there later
Old 12-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

The manual says to orient the notch to the left throughout the car: It indicates which end has the left hand threads for the turnbuckles. Does this mean that the notch on all the turnbuckles have to be facing left when install on the car? I'm not sure what it means.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by coconut
The manual says to orient the notch to the left throughout the car: It indicates which end has the left hand threads for the turnbuckles. Does this mean that the notch on all the turnbuckles have to be facing left when install on the car? I'm not sure what it means.
the notch is on the left side and they all go to the left side of the car
Old 12-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
I have no idea what you just said. "just blatently true"? "just contour to hack"?
I'm not being a dick, I don't think?
Sorry, I wan on my phone and it was late. Not being a dick at all, I couldn't even understand what I was trying to say, haha.

CraigMBA: just shut the hell up...
Old 12-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
the notch is on the left side and they all go to the left side of the car

Double check them before you install them too... when maifield gave me my FT turnbuckles, I thought I was being careful and ended up with a few backward.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve737
So...I kind of screwed up. Step 1 in the kit building is the servo install. I thought my servo was centered. I was wrong. Even with the trim all the way, it's far from straight. Is there an "RCtech" shortcut to readjusting the servo, like page 707 has the rear diff removal guide?

^^
I posted that to prove I've been reading. =D

Thanks in advance.
No real trick to it. Just pull it apart and reset the horn.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So...I kind of screwed up. Step 1 in the kit building is the servo install. I thought my servo was centered. I was wrong. Even with the trim all the way, it's far from straight. Is there an "RCtech" shortcut to readjusting the servo, like page 707 has the rear diff removal guide?

^^

Thanks in advance.
no, you'll have to take it apart and do it again.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lodhammerdin
Surry, I vun oon my phune-a und it ves lete-a. Nut beeeng a deeck et ell, I cuooldn't ifee understund vhet I ves tryeeng tu sey, heha.

CreeegMBA: joost shoot zee hell up...
Fixed that for you.

^^

Thanks in advance.
Welcome, and thank you. Hope you stick around for a while.

If the F/R alignment is okay, you can sometimes make a side to side adjustment by loosening the screws on the top plate and sliding the servo one way or another. If that doesn't work, you'll have to break the chassis down to get to it. If you get the belt and the belt tunnels off, you can take the front chassis section from the center section and almost get at it from there.

It's not that hard to do after you've torn the truck down a couple of times.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

what is the down falls on this kit . ??

looking to get into 4x4 SC after the first of the year .
Old 12-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daderrtyone25
did anyone have problems with the exotech chzassis not being flush also the saddle pack kit they give has like all the wrong screw sizes and it was a hassle and a half anyone??
Some of the screws were too long and it was difficult. I have lots of extras so it was okay. Still a good product but that should get updated for ppl that don't have extras. Plus if ur paying for a product it should be 100 percent package
Old 12-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brosho
I just installed a new Tekin RX8, and the fan was working, so I then plugged in the Hotwire, to check out all the adjustments on the PC, then when I plugged the battery in and turned on the ESC, I noticed the fan is not working now. Everything is brand new. What could cause the fan not to work? Or is it supposed to only come on when the ESC reach a certain temp.?

Also for the chassis brace, are you guys using carbon fiber tubing or aluminum? also how exactly are the rod ends connected to the brace? is there a set screw inside the rod end and into the tubing? What size parts are you guys using?

Thanks
When you plug in hotwire do not use batt.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Welcome, and thank you. Hope you stick around for a while.

If the F/R alignment is okay, you can sometimes make a side to side adjustment by loosening the screws on the top plate and sliding the servo one way or another. If that doesn't work, you'll have to break the chassis down to get to it. If you get the belt and the belt tunnels off, you can take the front chassis section from the center section and almost get at it from there.

It's not that hard to do after you've torn the truck down a couple of times.
First, thank you for the warm welcome. Got the kit Friday night, had it together and running by 7am Saturday morning. Found out the slipper setup is straight from hell and that my servo was way off. I didn't know the slipper was garbage from the warehouse, so I tore apart the rear end 3-4 times and guaranteed everything was smooth. Yeah, I'm not afraid to tear it down, was just looking for a shortcut.

That said, I found one. Unscrew the balls from the steering arm and camber adjustment end of the passenger side of the truck. With a long enough bit, you can reach and unscrew the screw going into the servo/horn. 2 minute fix.

Time to research garodisc and clutch basket.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 916bdogg
what is the down falls on this kit . ??

looking to get into 4x4 SC after the first of the year .
No downfalls this truck is full of Win.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
No downfalls this truck is full of Win.
....once the necessary upgrades have been done. Lets be clear to new people that have not had time to read through this entire thread.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by losifiend
....once the necessary upgrades have been done. Lets be clear to new people that have not had time to read through this entire thread.

So far , run my Ae 4x4 many moons & many wins ...

upgrades ?

my own chassis brace , sway bars and
a little oil ..

just trying to

be clear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.