Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Smith
Forgot to attach setup. Here it is
Anti roll bars or sway bars is a good start.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
No camber link locations on the set up sheet, no upper shock locations, all important items to analyze a set up with.
Fixed
Old 12-20-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vw addict
Lemme start by saying I HAVE searched, and older posts and conflicting opinions still have me confused. It's about the Castle SCT 1410 combo. Looks like some people have run the Sidewinder and been fine, some run a cooling fan, some mount on the rear shock tower and cut holes in the body for cooling. I could run it, or put it in my 2wd SC10. I have two options for the 4x4, I can run the Castle 1410 with a Tekin RS Pro that I own, or just purchase a MMP and run that. What is my best plan of attack here? Will the RS Pro be ok with the 1410?
Tekin has stated in other threads not to use the RS speedos with 4x4 short course. Will it work? Yes, but it isn't nearly as robust and will always be on the edge of blowing it up.

Just get a MMPro if you are on a budget or get an RX8 or the other 8th scale controllers to be safe.

4x4 SCT is closer to 8th scale in terms of stress on equipment/electronics so you are much better off using higher spec'd equipment.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4x4slasher
so, i bought this truck used from a friend i race with, and since i got it i have put a mmp in it, a x12l lrp motor, new belt, stiffer sways, team orion servo, bec, all the bells n whistles, bt my question is this, and please dont think me dumb b/c prior all i ran was 48p pinion/spur.. is a 32p pinion/spur supposed to b very loud> i mean my 48p setups are nearly silent, however this 32p is extremely loud...

it is a little louder but not as loud as it would be compared to a mod1 mesh. make sure your mesh is adequate and not too tight.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by derbrylac
it is a little louder but not as loud as it would be compared to a mod1 mesh. make sure your mesh is adequate and not too tight.
+1. My truck is dam near silent. I can barely hear it. I run a LRP x12L geared 12/62 with a tc spec v2.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABN Hoosier
question...I am considering the Exotek chassis. I have 2 SC10 4X4's 1 for me and 1 for my son. I have already invested in eight 2S lipo stick packs. Would it be worth it to run the standard battery setup with the exotek chassis or is it that much better running the saddle pack set up? I run on a med/low traction track. We just club race, not really a big deal. Just wondering.

Thanks
Although the sticks are fine the saddles will balance it better and help it jump.better.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Saddle packs do help balance the truck out, but you can add weight to do the same. I would like to use saddles but I can afford to buy new batteries and the b44 pack kit. I can weight my truck for 10 bucks and get the same result, as a saddle conversion.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Tekin has stated in other threads not to use the RS speedos with 4x4 short course. Will it work? Yes, but it isn't nearly as robust and will always be on the edge of blowing it up.

Just get a MMPro if you are on a budget or get an RX8 or the other 8th scale controllers to be safe.

4x4 SCT is closer to 8th scale in terms of stress on equipment/electronics so you are much better off using higher spec'd equipment.
Something I've noticed when I got involved with land R/C after a couple years doing air, is that no one ever talks about the actual amps being used. When you buy an Air ESC it almost always says right in the name "80A ESC" etc. where in land it's always talked about in terms of scale or "higher spec'd"

Why is that? I would much rather know much current the motor and gear combo are going to pull, then pick my esc and batteries based on that requirement.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Thanks, probably just get the MMP, sell the Sidewinder, and put the RS Pro into my 2wd.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The tranny outdrive wobbling problem is the only remaining issue for me with this truck. I notice the wobbles after only a few pks with the new rear tranny case and it got so bad by the end of day the internal gears inside the tranny would skip under hard acceleration.

Using double shims and wobbling seems to go away...for now.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
Something I've noticed when I got involved with land R/C after a couple years doing air, is that no one ever talks about the actual amps being used. When you buy an Air ESC it almost always says right in the name "80A ESC" etc. where in land it's always talked about in terms of scale or "higher spec'd"

Why is that? I would much rather know much current the motor and gear combo are going to pull, then pick my esc and batteries based on that requirement.
Different cultures. Car guys seem to like stuff dumbed down imho. Much easier to say 1/10 ESC instead of making people do math. The car market is also years behind the airplane/heli guys otherwise we'd be running 5s and 6s more regularly in our cars instead of still putzing around with 2s and 6 minute mains, but that is another topic.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GuiltyByAssoc
The tranny outdrive wobbling problem is the only remaining issue for me with this truck. I notice the wobbles after only a few pks with the new rear tranny case and it got so bad by the end of day the internal gears inside the tranny would skip under hard acceleration.

Not sure if you are doing this already, but if you limit the up travel of the shocks it helps. I believe I have 7mm rear and 5mm front. I kept adding limiters to the shocks until the axle did not hit the outdrive when fully compressed. That would be outside limiters.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GuiltyByAssoc

push up on your rear arm until it bottoms out, then look where the out drive hits the arm.
take a dremel and remove the arm material until it clears your out drive, also you can limit the up travel by putting shims on the shock shaft just above the spring cup
Old 12-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Legend

Default Whata go Fasta ?

Almost done with the set-up ..

Its Cody's.....

Rear details....

1.8m sway bar
7k diff oil
20T pulley

rear shock

emulsion shock
yellow spring
30w
1.2m piston
no limiters
1m rebound

Shock position

inside on tower
inside on arm

camber link

middle hole on rear hub
inside on chassis, no shim or washers

ride height 24m, ft & back

comments
full time 4w drive
chassis brace
Saddle Packs mounted inline , 1oz behind battery,1oz back wall of chassis under belt, 1/4 oz back corner by gear cover, standard decouple slipper
Old 12-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Legend

Default Fasta

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Parts you need for saddle pack installation

B44.1

Straps #9786

Tray #9775

Posts #9745

Screws # 6292

countersunk washers (blue) #89229

Started on the set-up , its Codys !!!
Finish the ft end today ......

details

no over drive
10K diff
white sway bar

emulsion shock
yellow spring
32.5w oil
1.2 piston
no internal limiters
no external limiters
+2 turns on shock eyelet
2m rebound

shock position
inside on tower
outside on arm
ball stud outside on tower , 1m shim under stud

first half of set-up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.