Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone try the exoteck with their front mounted saddle pack setup?? Instead of inline
Old 12-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Thank you Veg. The regulars?: Have seen this song and dance already. Remember Highschool? Moving to chapter 4? Then the classmate goes "Hey.. I have a question?" And it's a question from chapter 1 that takes the entire class back to that chapter just to explain it for one person cause he/she wasn't paying attention.

Contrary to my Highschool days? You have a Search Function. No matter how much I pressed down on the paper page in Highschool... The info I wanted just.... wouldn't.... appear! Gah! annoying!

We're glad to answer questions for people who have their question answered and they don't understand the "answer given". But why is there a thread 800 pages long if it's "ok" not to use them to answer your own questions? Why not auto-delete after 10 pages to keep it clean?: Because then we'd still be at chapter 1 or 2 with this truck. Not being able to move on to "Chapter" 3.

I love new people getting this truck. I love people who have enough respect to honor the time everyone's put in to at least "trying" to find the information themselves instead of being bottle-fed; more. Look at the big posts with very specific answers when people state they've read whole/most/searched the thread. These guys bend over for them. Because they tried. So there ya go.

This is the sole opinion of CoyoteSlash and subsidiaries. Please do not copy, write, or re-write any copywritten information for personal gain, or in any way to be a butt-hole.

I am personally going to ignore any post requesting such questions as "what slipper mod?" or "wats gud upgrades". Because those are disrespectful imo, and i'll just flame if I respond. SO! Let's get back to you guys being wrong about the Exotek chasiss, Shall we?

I'm heading back to the track for the first time in almost 3 months! oooooooooooooooooh my god I'm going to be ashamed when I leave after the day.

-
Look, we aren't going to stop noobs from coming in and asking the same questions. But we can put a stop to the snarky back and forth that comes up every 10 pages or so trying to school the noob on search.

Lets just do this. If a noob asks an ignorant question that annoys you, simply don't respond. If your in a good mood and want to reply with the answer then by all means give the answer and a suggestion of where to look for more info, or just PM the guy and let him know how you feel.

I'm not singling out any noobs or vets as I'm guilty of both myself. Fact is this is a small hobby and the more people we can get involved the more tracks and competitors and LHS's are available. We should encorge new comers instead of brushing them off.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by king revo
What will I benefit in handling from this, or what will this correct in handling!????? I better not get a clown telling me to go back 100 pages cause I read over 300 last week I just forgot what or were it was said.. Thanks
Check out the following feed as it really has lots of great information.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-links-17.html
Old 12-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mizchief
Look, we aren't going to stop noobs from coming in and asking the same questions. But we can put a stop to the snarky back and forth that comes up every 10 pages or so trying to school the noob on search.

Lets just do this. If a noob asks an ignorant question that annoys you, simply don't respond. If your in a good mood and want to reply with the answer then by all means give the answer and a suggestion of where to look for more info, or just PM the guy and let him know how you feel.

I'm not singling out any noobs or vets as I'm guilty of both myself. Fact is this is a small hobby and the more people we can get involved the more tracks and competitors and LHS's are available. We should encorge new comers instead of brushing them off.
+100!
I think its getting old also. Enough with all the the know it all pretentious attitudes some display here! Its a hobby involving lil cars, ease up! I have had this truck way bf most and this thread seems to breed bickering! If something annoys anyone in particular than just keep it to themselves! Some think they have to answer everything and worst that they answer for all..Get over it and move on..
Old 12-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by derbrylac
mantis, when will the ball diff be coming out in jan? and can i be on that preorder list, if not its cool.

thanks, D
you missed the first round last friday, next pre-order will be as soon as i start delivery of the first batch which will be middle of next week. i will announce when it is time!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default thanks

Originally Posted by munrath
Check out the following feed as it really has lots of great information.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-links-17.html
you cant get better info than that.... its actually on page 18,your link sent me to 17 but something told me to check next page..thanks again
Old 12-19-2011, 06:50 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Oh how tunes change...
Old 12-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I didn't see this answered sooo..... Recommended gearing for a 5.5 Novak HV on large 1/8th track? It doesn't have the tuning rotor in it and I don't know if the gearing is the same as the ballistics
Old 12-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Hopefully nobody bites my head off here...

Gearing for a Reedy Sonic 4.0 550? Medium sized indoor high traction track
Old 12-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MooseDrool

I would start with a 14 or 15 T with a 62 spur. Work from there.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpilotjr
I didn't see this answered sooo..... Recommended gearing for a 5.5 Novak HV on large 1/8th track? It doesn't have the tuning rotor in it and I don't know if the gearing is the same as the ballistics
Probably 15/16 with a 58T spur to start. Check your temps.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MooseDrool

One of the team drivers, Ty Tessmann, uses that motor..Setup sheets are very useful but not absolute(as we all drive different and especially not like most pros), but in the case of gearing it should be a spot on guide to reference..You can find them at the Team Ae website..Here is the setup sheet with that motor..He is running a 11t pinion on 62t spur..Depending on track id try 11t-13t pinions..Check it:http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...beach_2011.pdf

Last edited by MarqueeRc; 12-19-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
you missed the first round last friday, next pre-order will be as soon as i start delivery of the first batch which will be middle of next week. i will announce when it is time!
cool, I will definitely get one. I'm working with one of our local designers from tekno Rc and we've been doing little things here and there to get the most out of the truck. right now it's been pretty good and I've jut been driving it to get more consistent. running 20's and 21's on our local track sdrc. we both were noticing how much it still slips and we grinder down some of the top shaft to get it to lock down but still slips and very inconsistent through some parts of the track. I hope this solves that issue and in to more tuning with the truck. I want to be competitive with others who are running scte's and are just plain fast but it's still a tank and they can't turn as fast as I can but I fall short on the straight away and jumps.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by J-RO
Im running the Castle sidewinder and 3800 motor combo with a 48p 87t spur just wondering what i should be running for a pinnion, just built the kit and the pinnion is the last step for me.
J-Ro, it is hard to say without knowing anything about the track but a good starting point might be a 21 or 22. I had great luck running and 23/93 with that combo on a medium sized track with some good long straights.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

question...I am considering the Exotek chassis. I have 2 SC10 4X4's 1 for me and 1 for my son. I have already invested in eight 2S lipo stick packs. Would it be worth it to run the standard battery setup with the exotek chassis or is it that much better running the saddle pack set up? I run on a med/low traction track. We just club race, not really a big deal. Just wondering.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.