Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
Anyone know of a good shorter slipper spring that will fit? I have the nut flush using a thinner nut, and still wheelies like crazy. I'm using the basket with the Garodisks pinned. I would rather keep the feel of that setup but need it looser after adding the pin.

I was having the same issue so I don't use the basket when running pinned. The garo disks work good without it when pinned.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What exactly is the pin mod i keep hearing about? I just built my first SC10 4x4and im quite new to the off road scene so i dont know much about the set up stuff yet for off road. As well what diff fluid usually works best in the front gear box for a tight hi-bite track? Is it better to run the clicker fully pinned or loose? I scanned through the pages but could not find the complete answers i was looking for, thx for any input.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Spektrum Challenge: December 6th, 2011

"In the Pro4 class or Modified 4WD Short Course, Cavalieri started outside of the front row with teammate Numedahl inside on the second row. A good jump from Numedahl and a slightly wide corner from Cavalieri saw the TQ teammates come together with Cavalieri getting the worst end of the altercation. Numedahl then set his sites on National Champion Dakotah Phend. Hounding Phend, Numedahl was able to force a mistake and never looked back. Meanwhile Cavalieri worked his way back up to Phend’s bumper and within a few laps got around. At the end, Numedahl lapped up to fifth place in a dominating performance for his SC10 4×4, which was equipped with the new Reedy 550 4.5 motor and LRP SXX TC speed control."

would like to know what slipper clutch setup he had, chasing dakota phend with his reedy sonic 550

I cant imagine it was the stock slipper

edit: infact as I think of it, why is there so little response of AE in this tread ? other manufacturers are giving a little more tread support.

I still wanna know If I can expect a new slipper design of AE ( one that can handle the 550's or 4-pole torque )
Old 12-07-2011, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SourDieselX
wheelies with the pin mod?? what motor are you running, I can only manage to pull a wheelie if it's a small hump in the track and I stay on the throttle, lol. I'm pinned with the garodiscs so something isn't adding up on your end.
Running the Pro 4 and MMP with 15/62
Old 12-07-2011, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J-RO
What exactly is the pin mod i keep hearing about? I just built my first SC10 4x4and im quite new to the off road scene so i dont know much about the set up stuff yet for off road. As well what diff fluid usually works best in the front gear box for a tight hi-bite track? Is it better to run the clicker fully pinned or loose? I scanned through the pages but could not find the complete answers i was looking for, thx for any input.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/search.p...rchid=10865242
Old 12-07-2011, 05:37 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by murky123
would like to know what slipper clutch setup he had, chasing dakota phend with his reedy sonic 550

I cant imagine it was the stock slipper

edit: infact as I think of it, why is there so little response of AE in this tread ? other manufacturers are giving a little more tread support.

I still wanna know If I can expect a new slipper design of AE ( one that can handle the 550's or 4-pole torque )
It wasn't with the stock slipper. We went through that AE slipper basket 300 pages ago. They have a prototype.

Mac's Basket does the job just fine. Use the thread search option if you don't know what i'm talking about.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

I know what Mac's basket is, but I do not wish for a third party components on my AE truck.
with all respect for Mac's great work. but I want an AE solution for this slipper
Old 12-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I know what Mac's basket is, but I do not wish for a third party components on my AE truck.
with all respect for Mac's great work. but I want an AE solution for this slipper
Well you're gonna miss the boat and be left standing at the docks if you wanna wait for the FACTORY ship to come in and provide a solution. Not unless your name is Ryan and have either a last name that sounds like Maifield or Cavalieri or rhymes with Hartson, Nemedahl, Hartson, Jarosz will you be getting an actual AE part. There are great "3rd party" options out there like Mac the Knife, Mantisworxs, Exotek and some individuals here on rctech that provide great improvements on performance.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nice vid. That Losi driver cut the track twice that I saw to make up for his own mistakes. Nice.

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
The Losi truck runs the new Orion setup with the new 4.5 Orion 550.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

DE Racing is coming out with a rear skid plate for the SC10 4x4. I have a pre-production one on my truck but haven't had a chance to run it yet so I can't speak to the performance. Hope to run this weekend.

Originally Posted by thefatkid
I run at an indoor clay/dirt track with very high bite. The track is very rough on the rear of the chassis, toe block and bumper/skid plate thing. The track has worn the back 1" of the chassis and related componets 1/8" or more. the arm pins are about to show through the toe block. Anyone have a fix for this after I replace the chassis, toe block and bumper so it does not happen again? I was going to switch to the STRC toe block and use large amounts of chassis tape. Have any other thoughs that I have not seen?
Old 12-07-2011, 08:05 AM
n8b
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamr1130
Well you're gonna miss the boat and be left standing at the docks if you wanna wait for the FACTORY ship to come in and provide a solution. Not unless your name is Ryan and have either a last name that sounds like Maifield or Cavalieri or rhymes with Hartson, Nemedahl, Hartson, Jarosz will you be getting an actual AE part. There are great "3rd party" options out there like Mac the Knife, Mantisworxs, Exotek and some individuals here on rctech that provide great improvements on performance.
I believe the team drivers are using 3rd party options on their AE trucks as well. Baskets, braces, etc...
Old 12-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sugs
DE Racing is coming out with a rear skid plate for the SC10 4x4. I have a pre-production one on my truck but haven't had a chance to run it yet so I can't speak to the performance. Hope to run this weekend.
Great news! I just emailed them last night about the rear chassis skid plate.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jamr1130
well my boat leaves in about 4 months ( start of next season )
I hope AE will get this sorted out by then.
when it is March 2012 EA have had over 8 months time to develop a good working slipper for this truck,

But like I said, it would be nice if AE make an official statement on this.

last season I drove with stock slipper and got a 5th place overall in the most competitive 4wd SC championship op Holland, 2012 I would like to get a place in the top three.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Initiate

well my boat leaves in about 4 months ( start of next season )
I hope AE will get this sorted out by then.
when it is March 2012 EA have had over 8 months time to develop a good working slipper for this truck,

But like I said, it would be nice if AE make an official statement on this.

last season I drove with stock slipper and got a 5th place overall in the most competitive 4wd SC championship op Holland, 2012 I would like to get a place in the top three.
They do have a prototype, but it works identically to the two other popular versions you can buy, and AE themselves have suggested one of those before.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Drives different and probably not something to "try" in the main normally
Words to live by. I try to never make a change before the mains, no matter how bad my sled was in the last qualifier.

One of the biggest differences I noticed with the pin in were jumping, it was a totally different animal with the pin in it. It took me about 5 laps to unprogram myself to how I was driving it before, but it was much better afterwords (for me).

How was it for you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.